2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I fucking love Collin McHugh. The way he slouches on the mound like he wishes he were anywhere else but there. That he has no dignity to lose. (I don't think the guys were giving him shit for riding the golf cart. He was giving them shit. As if his utter lack of dignity was somehow going to stop him.) He tosses this absolutely unhittable toxic garbage at the plate that sort of meanders into the catcher's mitt at a casual 75-80mph while swerving about like it just polished off its fifth can of Schlitz in the past hour. If we had any doubt remaining that he were Neo and had mastered the Matrix with his new slider that doesn't so much curve as alter the shape of spacetime around it, his little "I know kung fu" move last night eliminated it.

Sheer poetry the way you describe his pitching.  LOL.

So he is Neo for 2019?  

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

jesus, basketball?  is that still going on?

We're in day 5 of the basketball playoffs. The rockets are 1-0. The NBA saw the movie Basketball and thought its playoff timeframe sounded like a good idea

Edited by Viper

1 minute ago, Viper said:

We're in day 5 of the basketball playoffs. The rockets are 1-0. The NBA saw the movie Basketball and thought its playoff timeframe sounded like a good idea

i don't really follow the nba, but is it true that the nba playoffs last so long that the two teams involved in the finals actually miss the start of next season?

• Like 2