2017-18 Rockets Thread

The Tower

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Yep. Can't believe he got 2 steps continuation and 1.

That was a bullshit call because you could hear the refs blow their whistle and everyone stop play except for Mitchell. 

In spite of the stupidity in the 2nd quarter, Rockets are still up 10 on the road. If they continue at this pace, they'll leave Utah up 3-1.

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

That was a bullshit call because you could hear the refs blow their whistle and everyone stop play except for Mitchell. 

In spite of the stupidity in the 2nd quarter, Rockets are still up 10 on the road. If they continue at this pace, they'll leave Utah up 3-1.

Yep and had another Rockets player fouled him again, they would have reviewed into a T.

Just now, UDontKnow said:

D'Antoni getting better at calling time outs. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Next time Harden has a break away to the hoop, he needs to take the guaranteed 2, and not kick it out the 3 point line. 

yeah i have less of a problem with that play at home than i do on the road when you're trying to make sure the opposing team doesn't get any momentum whatsoever. 

7 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

is the next series start date set in stone or variable depending on current series ending dates?

if both of these series' end in 5, i'm guessing they'll push the start date up to may 14th (a week from tomorrow).  otherwise, i'd guess they'll stick with the original plan of may 16th.

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Refs doing everything they can to make this thing close and it's still not working.

And Utah is probably about the 6th best team in the league.

We're really fucking good.

Can't wait for this warriors series. 

Just hope PJ and Gerald Green regulate some mother fuckers. 

Also, hope the Houston crowd brings it. Havent seem em rowdy since 95

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

We are throwing up too many dumb 3s

And in spite of that, the Rockets increased their lead from half time. That Rockets lineup for the last 3 minutes of the quarter was just to buy the vital starters rest. The Jazz cut the lead from 19 to 14. I'm not worried going into the final frame.

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

The iso ball shit is what this team does and and I’d say it’s worked pretty well.

Yes, it’s part of our game but when we’re missing a bunch of shots it’s a good idea to move the ball around to get a better shot than Harden dribbling out the shot clock and throwing up a bad 3. Time and place for everything 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

Yes, it’s part of our game but when we’re missing a bunch of shots to it’s a good idea to move the ball around to get a good shot instead of Harden dribbling out the shit clock and throwing up a bad 3. Time and place for everything 

Hey man the shit clock and the game clock are working in our favor so I say let that shit tick.

But yeah I dig the PnR in the 4th Q.