2017-18 Rockets Thread

The Tower

Ryno ain't guarding Draymond. If he does, Steph and KD's eyes are going to light up like a damn Christmas tree, and they're going to run pick and rolls with Dray until D'Antoni mercifully pulls Ryno out of the game. The Kevin Love treatment.

That goes for putting him on Bell or Looney as well, to a lesser extent. He should be nowhere near the PnR. But that still leaves options: Iggy, West, even Livingston I'd think that Houston would be fine with.

There will be plenty of time to analyze how we're gonna roll Golden State.

But let's not forget to take a moment to enjoy rolling the Jazz.  Because fuck the Jazz.  And too many times we've been the second round fodder.  It's nice to be the cannon instead.

Clinch game in 3...  2...  1...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

This is why I don't like D'Antoni as the Rockets coach. Timeout should have been called 2-3 minutes ago.

Phil Jackson used to do the same thing. Let. The guys play their way out instead of calling a timeout. Hes trying to get them mentally tough to be able to stop runs themselves. 

2 minutes ago, Sidney Sherman said:

Phil Jackson used to do the same thing. Let. The guys play their way out instead of calling a timeout. Hes trying to get them mentally tough to be able to stop runs themselves. 

D'Antoni is nowhere in the same league as Phil Jackson coaching wise. I would have expected to see a little more urgency from D'Antoni given that the Warriors will close out tonight. I'm not sure if Phil Jackson would have allowed a 14 point swing to take place in a close out playoff game at home without calling time out sooner.