2020 Texas Softball - Back to OKC!

Js1

13 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

So #3 behind teams we are 1-0 and 1-1 against?

I'll take it.

Somebody remind me again why we waited so long to get rid of Connie....

3-1 against teams 1, 2 and 4 in the RPI. OSU May be our toughest out - #8 in RPI. Duke at 11 and Fresno at 12 really helping us. 

Tech’s inflated record is #77

And Bc she must eat carpet better than anyone. 

On 3/6/2020 at 6:05 PM, HollidayHorn said:

Anyone know if the games against Bama are gonna be televised next weekend? I'm gonna be out of pocket for spring break but would like to record them if possible.

Friday 13th, game 1: Bryant vs Texas: ESPN3
Friday 13th, game 2: Texas vs Alabama: SECN+
Saturday 14th, game 1: Texas vs BYU: ESPN3
Sunday 15th, game 1: Texas vs Bryant: ESPN3
Sunday 16th, game 2: Texas vs Alabama: SECN+

Hey Big 12, go suck a dick.

Pitcher of the Week goes to Edmunson for her perfect game.  Why not a co-Pitcher of the Week since two Big 12 pitchers threw one - and only Elish had the 7 inning perfecto? 

Jefferson got Player of the Week - hit .750 with a double, a triple, 2 RBI, 3 SB and two 3-hit games.  Now hitting .554

43 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Will they continue to have 10 transfers filling out their roster each year?  

Probably.  It's pretty consistent how ULL is in proximity to grab the transfers out of Texas, OU, UH, A&M, Bama, Auburn, Arky.  They are right there.  Plus with Glasco's ties to Oregon, Georgia and A&M, it'll be easy.  

The longer Jo Evans sticks around, the harder it will be to pull Glasco out of ULL.  Which helps us in recruiting. 

Looking at our T-Town opponents:

Bryant - 4-11 record, batting .178 - that's basically the only stat they post.  They are ass, this should be a Day/Adams game, easily
BYU - 14-9, with 2-run losses to OU and Oregon, beat SECSECSEC MSU 6-2 and Nebraska 4-1, beat Tech 7-5 and lost to Fresno State 8-0

• Hitting .245 with 25 doubles, 4 triples, 22 HR, 68 BB to 111 K, 15-22 SB
  • Field .959 (29 errors)
  • 2.55 team ERA, 32 BB to 93 K, given up 44 XBH (19 doubles, 11 HR) and a .265 BAA

Bama - 14-8, with two losses to FSU (8-7 in 8 innings and 8-0 in 5 innings), split with UNC, run-ruled #1 Washington 8-0 (5), Lost to UCLA 7-0 and Ok State 4-1, lost twice to Arizona 2-1 and 6-5, took 2/3 from Arkansas 0-1, 10-2 (6), 9-1 (6)

• Hitting .322 with 33 doubles, 5 triples, 10 HR (not the power team they used to be), 98 walks to 84 K (disciplined!), 28-35 SB
  • Field .962 (23 errors)
  • 2.74 team ERA, 64 BB to 129 K, given up 30 XBH (17 doubles and 13 HR), .228 BAA

Honestly, this should be easy for Mike.  Don't fuck it up.

• Friday game 1 - Bryant - Day/Adams
  • Friday game 2 - Bama - Elish
  • Saturday - BYU - O'Leary
  • Sunday game 1 - Bryant - Day/Adams
  • Sunday game 2 - Bama - O'Leary with Elish ready to relieve

AND THEN OU NEXT WEEKEND

• Like 1

Oh and I read on Ultimate College Softball that G. Juarez is being shut down and redshirted and Gasso said this on her radio show.

This is the moment, Mike.  These freshie pitchers at OU need to be shown a rude awakening of this lineup's ability to hit the ball. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 10:07 AM, Js1 said:

Friday 13th, game 1: Bryant vs Texas: ESPN3
Friday 13th, game 2: Texas vs Alabama: SECN+
Saturday 14th, game 1: Texas vs BYU: ESPN3
Sunday 15th, game 1: Texas vs Bryant: ESPN3
Sunday 16th, game 2: Texas vs Alabama: SECN+

Well crap. I dont have any of those channels so I'll try to listen when possible. Thanks for posting!

3 minutes ago, HollidayHorn said:

Well crap. I dont have any of those channels so I'll try to listen when possible. Thanks for posting!

No prob.  If you have ESPN+ you should get the SECN+ games. Or be able to watch them in the ESPN archive.

If this is done for the year, does the NCAA hand out a blanket extra year of eligiblity?

Are we potentially looking at running this back in 2021 with Slack, Rhodes, Washington, Elish and Hathaway (SUPER DUPER RS SENIOR?)

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Or, they are taking out first best chance at dethroning Oklahoma and building more momentum and flushing it. 

I'd imagine we'd have some sort of reduced conf. schedule (maybe 2 game Friday/Sunday DHs?) if we do pick up the season again?