Texas women's basketball '18-19

texasstrong12

Aston's best chance of beating Baylor is next year. If she can't beat Baylor next year it probably won't ever happen.  We were already playing from behind because Mulkey is a legit coach but no chance we can beat them without Higgs, Warren and Prince. 

Prince is probably the most important player we've landed in recruiting from a beating Baylor perspective. We get killed on the boards whenever we play Baylor because Brown and Cox use their size to dominate inside. You've got to have players like Prince (6'7) that can rebound inside. Outside of Collier we simply don't have the size to match up with Baylor. 

With Khalani Brown gone after this year Texas finally won't be at a huge disadvantage inside. Assuming Texas is healthy. 

Edited by texasstrong12

12 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Meh, pretty tame for her and the rivalry

Tame? Yes.

Totally backhanded and shady? Yes.

IF we played with that kind of effort for 4 consistent quarters/every game, we'd only have 1-2 losses.

But we don't.  We might get 2 quarters of that effort per game.  And take entire games off (WV, KSU, MSU).

18 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Ah okay hopefully she gets healthy soon then

Might be back for the KU game.

Remember, she took a charge from Erin DeGrate who has about 8 inches and a lot of weight on Audrey.  I think she had a broken nose and for sure a concussion.

In her absence (~75 min of game time), Jada has scored 2 points.

We really need her back.

10 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Creme had is as a 7 seed last time I checked 

like dayum!

No notable non conf wins 

poor non conf schedule 

Already at 5 losses with at least 2 more (At Baylor, Big 12 tourney)

Not gonna be a top 16. We MIGHT get up to a 5 or 6 but 4 is gone unless we beat Baylor and win the big 12 tournament 

Worked our way up to a 6 seed. 29th in RPI. 

www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

Got a game tonight against Oklahoma State - they are not in the field right now at 13-9 and 4-7 in conference.  Cannot lose this game tonight. A loss to RPI #102 would kill us.   

Considering we are not in contention for the Big 12 and not even going to host the first 2 rounds, might as well just fully redshirt Sedona.  

2019-20:

PG Sug / Aussie
SG Higgs / Littleton
SF Warren / Celeste Taylor
PF Holmes / Collier
C Prince / Hannan

That is a good lineup and even 2 deep.  

Edited by Js1

I don’t exacrly follow womens basketball a ton but I check in here and there. I thought we had two number one overall recruits on our team and one was Collier. How is she not having an impact? I think Holmes was the other but I know we have multiple top 10 ranked recruits. I bet the answer is Aston but this was brought up seeing Collier as a backup on that 19/20 lineup above.