OK, so we got a trooper pulls someone over

GhostOfTomJoad

Mr. Mohra:
So, I'm tendin' bar there at Ecklund and Swedlin's last Tuesday and this little guy's drinkin' and he says, "So where can a guy find some action? I'm goin' crazy out there at the lake." And I says, "What kinda action?" and he says, "Woman action, what do I look like?" And I says, "Well, what do I look like, I don't arrange that kinda thing," and he says, "I'm goin' crazy out there at the lake," and I says, "Well, this ain't that kinda place."

Officer Olson:
Uh-huh.

Mr. Mohra:
So he says, "So I get it, so you think I'm some kinda jerk for askin'," only he doesn't use the word jerk.

Officer Olson:
I understand.

Mr. Mohra:
And then he calls me a jerk and says the last guy who thought he was a jerk was dead now. So I don't say nothin' and he says, "What do ya think about that?" So I says, "Well, that don't sound like too good a deal for him then."

Officer Olson:
Ya got that right.

Mr. Mohra:
And he says, "Yah, that guy's dead and I don't mean of old age." And then he says, "Geez, I'm goin' crazy out there at the lake."

Officer Olson:
White Bear Lake?

Mr. Mohra:
Well, Ecklund & Swedlin's, that's closer ta Moose Lake, so I made that assumption.

Officer Olson:
Oh sure.

Mr. Mohra:
So, ya know, he's drinkin', so I don't think a whole great deal of it, but Mrs. Mohra heard about the homicides down here and she thought I should call it in, so I called it in. End o' story.

Officer Olson:
What'd this guy look like anyway?

Mr. Mohra:
Oh, he was a little guy. Kinda funny lookin'.

Officer Olson:
Uh-huh. In what way?

Mr. Mohra:
Oh, just in a general kinda way.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

A coworker of mine lives in White Bear Lake.  If the town name is ever mentioned, I just automatically say "Go Bears".  He is in the process of moving to Stillwater (the Minnesota one, not the Oklahoma one) I think just to spite me. 

• Like 1

BTW, if you ever find yourself in Minnesota and want to experience some of the fine fricassee you've gotta stop by Tinucci's in Newport (maybe 30 minutes from MSP). They filmed this scene there:

I grew up a half mile from there. Tinucci's was the one respectable place you could name about a very blue collar town along the Mississippi river and highway 61 that people of higher means wouldn't scoff at. The interior hasn't changed one bit in 50 years. Saturday night is prime rib night.