Hollywood

Billions

Is this the last season? I still like it and still watch but this season needs to pick it up. Chuck vs Bobby is a little played

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

this past episode was better. the spiros scenes were greatness. 

we called you mr roomba because you sucked. 

Love that Mafee is the real Mensa level genius but doesn't give a shit about it.

6 minutes ago, Sii said:

Is this the last season? I still like it and still watch but this season needs to pick it up. Chuck vs Bobby is a little played

Yeah, they can only go back and forth on that so many times.  They've got to be getting to the end.

2 minutes ago, Sii said:

I havent heard that this was the last season and it doesnt appear to be heading towards any grand finale.  some of the characters are too over the top, okay almost all of them.  i wouldnt mind seeing this show end.  is there a normal person on the show?  a character you understand and is believable?

I'm trying to be constructive about this, but why in hell did the showrunner Brian Koppelman bring back Taylor? He seems like a really intelligent, likeable guy in interviews. I assume there's a payoff down the road, but it doesn't make sense for Axe to bring her back. She was vanquished, exiled from Wall Street and Axe brings her back because?... He thinks she's smart?

14 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'm trying to be constructive about this, but why in hell did the showrunner Brian Koppelman bring back Taylor? He seems like a really intelligent, likeable guy in interviews. I assume there's a payoff down the road, but it doesn't make sense for Axe to bring her back. She was vanquished, exiled from Wall Street and Axe brings her back because?... He thinks she's smart?

yep, axe has shown to be unforgiving and holds a grudge against his enemies until he buries them. was out of character to bring her back in.  he even knows that chuck set him up and was behind it and still he lets her hang around his business all day every day.

Just now, thrillhammer said:

yep, axe has shown to be unforgiving and holds a grudge against his enemies until he buries them. was out of character to bring her back in.  he even knows that chuck set him up and was behind it and still he lets her hang around his business all day every day.

It's worse than that. Axe allows Chuck to routinely visit Axe Cap to talk to Wendy. I know this is probably a plot device, but would anyone let the police in your business without a warrant? Axe also allows Chuck to visit Wendy at his spare "apartment" which is how he almost got nailed on tax fraud. I know Axe gives Wendy preferential treatment, but this is lazy for Billions. 

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Episode 7 is available on streaming right now. I believe this is the final episode for the foreseeable future. They of course had to halt production because of covid.

Thats why I have been putting off watching.  I love this show.  I didn't want to be disappointed when I had to wait for more episodes.  

I have too much of a hard time remembering what happened last "season."  

44 minutes ago, BNB said:

Thats why I have been putting off watching.  I love this show.  I didn't want to be disappointed when I had to wait for more episodes.  

I have too much of a hard time remembering what happened last "season."  

Let’s say they jumped the shark in this episode. Rebounded well, but the initial premise was dumb. 

On 6/9/2020 at 3:39 PM, Sii said:

Need more wags. Too muted this season

That's my biggest problem this season. I binged the other seasons because of quarantine and he's by far the best part of the show and he's been pretty lame this season for the most part.

this episode had some entertaining parts, but was mostly running in place.  the focus-drug was fun but the story was predictable.  taylor's line to the girl who works for her, "let's try english first" was perfect.

wags directed it (david costabile)

also thought it was interesting that chuck brought up coronavirus.  they must've shot this in late feb/early march.  don't think i've seen it mentioned in any scripted show.

On 6/16/2020 at 2:46 PM, henrygandorf said:

this episode had some entertaining parts, but was mostly running in place.  the focus-drug was fun but the story was predictable.  taylor's line to the girl who works for her, "let's try english first" was perfect.

wags directed it (david costabile)

also thought it was interesting that chuck brought up coronavirus.  they must've shot this in late feb/early march.  don't think i've seen it mentioned in any scripted show.

makes sense, because they had to halt production of the final episodes for this season.

On 3/25/2018 at 12:27 PM, Chet Steadman said:

Billions is a chick show made for men.  Terrible writing, outlandish storylines and laugh-out-loud overacting. 

And I love it.  Can’t wait for Season 3.  

Just started watching this show. I'm about halfway through season 2, and this is the funniest fucking thing I've seen in awhile. Agree on all points