NHL Thread

Bartles

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Holy shit Caps!

penguins were cycling the hell out of them and they breakout with a 2-1 and oveckin cans it. 

Wilson with a trip to create the 2 on 1. 

Fuck the caps. 

Clear head shot is a stretch in my mind.  Wilson at 6'4" is a full head taller.  Looks to me like it was the shoulder but I'll admit I'm biased.

Aside from that, totally different result than we're used to seeing out of the Caps.  Ovechkin actually did something memorable at the end of playoff game against the Pens. 

7 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

J-E-T-S

Jets, Jets, Jets

Winnipeg all the way.  Vegas would be a good story, but Winnipeg would be better.  Would love to see them beat the Caps in the Stanley Cup finals.  No Boston or Pittsburgh.

Had some friends at the game, they said the only time it has been that loud was the first game back in Winnipeg in 2011. Probably louder last night.

17 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Head shots are legal now? Caps with another head shot. Draws blood. No penalty.

16 hours ago, heso said:

Broken jaw and a concussion typical injury from a shoulder to shoulder hit. 

It’s a violent sport and I don’t think it was clear Wilson was targeting the head. Was he going for a big hit? Of course he was. The injury is unfortunate but I’ll be surprised if he’s suspended. 

Wilson gets three games. Appropriate, imo, considering his cunt like tendencies. 

Shocked it was more than 1 game. But hes had 2 iffy head shots before this already in the playoffs, and he’s been suspended twice already this season. 

Yinz saying it was mostly shoulder contact are just looking at the cross ice shot and 1, ignoring the other angles and 2, ignoring that Wilson is a cunt that does this type of shit all the time. 

NHL video analysis: https://www.nhl.com/video/wilson-suspended-3-games/t-277440360/c-60214803

Pens are Stanley Cup winners and when their coach/front office starts complaining the league listened. 3 games is extreme.  It’s also big considering Wilson has had 7 assists in the playoffs. Whatever, Penguins will have to play better if they want to win. Other than about 6 minutes in game 1 the Caps seem to want this more. 

Three games would be extreme if it was Carlson or Backstrom that did it.  The league disciplinary office is plenty familiar with Wilson.  He got a suspension either at the very start of this season or the very start of last season for a pre-season hit.  This was the Kadri/Marchant, Jesus Christ this guy again reaction from the league office.

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Three games would be extreme if it was Carlson or Backstrom that did it.  The league disciplinary office is plenty familiar with Wilson.  He got a suspension either at the very start of this season or the very start of last season for a pre-season hit.  This was the Kadri/Marchant, Jesus Christ this guy again reaction from the league office.

It was twice this season. In the preseason he got 2 games for a hit on a rookie. That suspension made him a repeat offender. Then he got suspended again for a hit in the first regular season game that day him 4 more games. 

54 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Pens are Stanley Cup winners and when their coach/front office starts complaining the league listened. 3 games is extreme.  It’s also big considering Wilson has had 7 assists in the playoffs. Whatever, Penguins will have to play better if they want to win. Other than about 6 minutes in game 1 the Caps seem to want this more. 

More than anything they need to stop giving up odd man rushes. How the fuck do you give up 3 odd man rushes in the last 5 mins of a tied playoff game? 

Granted the last one that won the game  was sprung by a trip by who other than Tom Wilson, but Christ, you can’t let yourself get in that position. 

I can't say Trotz cost Washington the game but he sure as hell did not help them try to win it in the third period.  You're down one goal with under five minutes to play and you have your 3rd and 4th lines out there with Ovechkin, Backstrom, Oshie, and the other Russian with the unspellable last name that begins with K on the bench.  Then you leave Holtby in net until there is about 1:20 left when there were two instances in the minute before where Washington had control of the puck in the Pittsburgh zone.  Terrible coaching.

I want Boston to lose all games in all sports all the time...but Pastrnak goal tonight was sweet. Waiting for the pop-up puck to land and smacking it in at the perfect time, with a defender also swatting at it. So many rec leaguers try that every night and whiff

As a caps fan, I really hope they can finish it in 6.  As a sports fan, this series has been fantastic and deserves to go to a game 7.  The best thing about this outcome is that Tom Wilson will be back in a game 7 or in the opening game of the conference finals.