NHL Thread

Bartles

33 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Game on. Vegas created the same goal last series. Not sure why goalies want to get cute. 

have no clue because you know he's never been told to pass the puck from behind the goal to somewhere in front of a wide open net.  Just had a huge lapse.

I referred to pucks just bouncing the Caps way  in this thread before the series started and tonight's first period exemplified that.  Vegas barely misses on an excellent chance to score early in the period and they inexplicably miss on a wide open net on the power play.  On the other end, the pucks bounce in perfect position for the Caps.

Vegas melt down.  They're confused.  When the Caps quit chasing the puck defensively and played the passing lanes with discipline, they shut down Vegas.  Well, a whole lot has also been Holtby.  

Edited by Mdhorn

Keep showing on the local news several Caps players, Oshie being one, taking the metro to the arena.  How cool is that? Oshie was having difficulty putting fare on his card.   No way he takes it home--it's a mob scene of fans.

Edited by Mdhorn

10 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Keep showing on the local news several Caps players, Oshie being one, taking the metro to the arena.  How cool is that? Oshie was having difficulty putting fare on his card.   No way he takes it home--it's a mob scene of fans.

If he does, suffice it to say, he could have a 1 on 5 power play back at his place.

Ovechkin doesn't even need to score and the Caps are putting up 6.  3 games to win 1.  I'm sure they'd prefer to do it on home ice, but I have zero doubt they'd love to close it out in 5.

Edited by Jive Turkey

33 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

We send buses to DC for various marches and all of our drivers hate it. Mostly because theres no place to park em while the group is touring. Granted Oshie has arena parking but point stands...ain't nobody got time to  fiddle with DC traffic 

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

14 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Very cool of Oshie to do it for both home games and to take pictures with fans the whole way. Doesn’t hurt that he played a hell of a game too. There might not be a game 6. 

If they give awards for professional sports team promo videos, this one should win a truckload of them.

Hockey is soooooooooooooooooo awesome for lots of reasons, but one of the biggest is that hockey remembers and respects where the players came from better than any other sport.

That's TJ Oshie at 1:23 at the Minnesota high school state championships.

That's John Carlson at 1:33 scoring the goal that really made me fall in love with the World Junior tournament.

There are at least two shots of someone lifting the Calder Cup.

And yeah, I'm going to Game 4 of the Calder Cup finals tonight (wearing my John Carlson Team USA jersey) and will watch the Caps game on DVR when I get home.

• Like 1