NHL Thread

Bartles

26 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Can't watch. What's different about tonight?

Flower stonewalling the early jets push then Vegas taking full control of the 2nd half of the period. I think they had 9 unanswered shots on goal heading into the break. 3 posts and a few saves kept it from getting out of hand. 

Tonight could be the most important game of the Ovechkin era.  A win and a berth in the cup finals is almost assured, a loss and doubts could creep back into the minds of the team.  I expect a lower scoring game with both teams feeling some pressure.  I can’t wait for this one.

Meh. Even if the Caps split the next two, they’d be in fantastic shape. Just can’t drop both home games. I expect TB to play fast and furious tonight after the ass kicking they got over the weekend. They’re still a tough team and I think everyone would be shocked if they were swept 

11 hours ago, Hamttx said:

I will laugh my ass off if Vegas does the impossible and not only wins the cup. But denies Washington a title by a fucking expansion team.

The Caps have to get by the Bolts first... let’s just say the Capsiest thing would probably be becoming the 3rd team in history to lose the Conference finals series after going up 2-0. Tonight is a big deal. 

2 hours ago, heso said:

On one hand it would be great to see the caps make it through the pens only to get stoned by Flower yet again. On the other hand, fuck the caps and I hope the lose the next 3. 

Well they lost tonight. So some good news?