NHL Thread

Bartles

Growing up in the Washington area, you could count on 2 things:

1) The Capitals would absolutely suck.
2) When the Capitals somehow didn't suck, there was no way, no how, never, ever, they'd get to the Finals.

Happy for this team, though I'm not a big follower, I'll watch a few games.  Really interesting final, Team of Destiny(?) vs. Team of (Finally!) Destiny...

6 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Growing up in the Washington area, you could count on 2 things:

1) The Capitals would absolutely suck.
2) When the Capitals somehow didn't suck, there was no way, no how, never, ever, they'd get to the Finals.

Happy for this team, though I'm not a big follower, I'll watch a few games.  Really interesting final, Team of Destiny(?) vs. Team of (Finally!) Destiny...

So I've been a Caps fan starting basically in the Ovechkin era not long after I moved here.  There have definitely been better teams that couldn't get past round 2 and sometimes they were just unlucky.  Starting with the game 3 double OT goal in Columbus that came from a lucky bounce, the Caps have been getting a lot of lucky bounces and the other team hasn't.  In fact, if you look at the goal Tampa Bay didn't score last night, that should have tied the game but it somehow, inexplicably, did not go in.  Tampa looked like an old Caps team in their unlucky breaks. 

The persecution complex on the part of DC fans here is real and embarrassing sometimes.  I hope the Caps win to end the whining of DC fans and to take that away as something for the fans here to bitch about.

This will be an interesting series as Vegas has looked unstoppable at times.  But, if the breaks keep falling the Caps way, I think it will be a good series.  There is some fight in this group.

Been a Caps fan since going to high school in DC (late 70's-early 80's) and have watched a whole lot of bad hockey.  I had a friend who's dad worked at the Capital Centre so had tickets to more games than I could count.  A Stanley Cup would be so nice to see.  Rooting hard tonight.... Go Caps!!

e863f707ba633abd0e09f43a96a5dd0e.jpg

That goal by Reeves is going to be talked about a lot, especially in Washington.  You have to call a penalty on that cross check. It created the scoring opportunity.

I cheering for the Caps because a flat out ass like Ryan Reeves should never have his name on the cup. (Yes I am aware there are plenty of goons on the cup, but fuck Ryan Reeves).

If you're in the Austin area...

Texas Stars won tonight in OT to win the AHL Western Conference championship, and holy shit it was fun.

They'll play Toronto for the Calder Cup with home games June 5th, 7th, and 9th.  

5 stars.  Joe Bob sez check it out.