Shits going down with the Royals

Zombie

48 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

All of them are retired NCOs and they live at the tower with families.  Oddly, Royal Navy sailors weren’t allowed to do it until the 21st century, something to do with a difference in oaths they take.

• Drool 1

The Smithsonian Channel had a really good series a few years back on the day-to-day lives of those dudes and everyone else who lived and worked in the Tower of London. 

Yet they’re absolutely fucking useless if something actually happens there. Just saying.

3 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

When I went to the Tower of London when I was in college, I had my friend take a picture of me with my head down on this stump in the middle of the courtyard pretending I was getting my head chopped off. Later on I realized that stump was what these guys stood on to do their speaking.

• Drool 1

man, that's really something. his mom the longest reigning British monarch ever...and he's barely gonna get five years, if that. i mean, who gives a crap about the royals right, but objectively that's really kind of an incredible turn of events. and now the literal near future queen also has cancer. 😮 wow.

i'm sure Camilla is crushed for several obvious reasons, but i can't believe she's actually that bitchy about it (the tabloid quote). she stuck by and with him for a really long time thru a lot of shit, icky as some of it may have been, i really don't believe it was all just to be queen. plus The Crown showed me she's loyal and really loves him 😆 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i'm sure Camilla is crushed for several obvious reasons, but i can't believe she's actually that bitchy about it (the tabloid quote). she stuck by and with him for a really long time thru a lot of shit, icky as some of it may have been, i really don't believe it was all just to be queen. plus The Crown showed me she's loyal and really loves him 😆 

She and Charles were knocking boots in the 70s.  On the one hand, I appreciate that two long-time loves finally got together, but on the other, they were a couple before either one of them had their first marriage, and I get him going off on an overseas Royal Navy assignment put things on ice, but there was truly nothing stopping those two from marrying in the early 70s.

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yet they’re absolutely fucking useless if something actually happens there. Just saying.

Yes,I remember your story about the tourist with some kind of medical problem, and the warden’s lack of proper response.

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

She and Charles were knocking boots in the 70s.  On the one hand, I appreciate that two long-time loves finally got together, but on the other, they were a couple before either one of them had their first marriage, and I get him going off on an overseas Royal Navy assignment put things on ice, but there was truly nothing stopping those two from marrying in the early 70s.

Well, approval from The Queen in charge of Royal protocol for one thing……and I’m not talking about Freddie Mercury.