Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Source?

You need me to provide you a source that shows that a population of largely low transmission risk individuals practicing social distancing, mask wearing, using contact tracing, and quarantine procedures when exposures occur creates a relatively low risk environment?  You need someone to connect the dots for you on what the risk profile of that situation is versus other common public indoor spaces like bars, restaurants, etc.? Come Brad, you are not trying to be serious.  You are trying to snipe off little gotchas so that you can avoid the real subject of the discussion. Even in cases where we seem to agree, you insist on finding a disagreement or building a strawman to argue with. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

Brad: Show me the data!!!!

1 hour ago, smoky said:

Duke  "Incidence and Secondary Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 Infections in Schools "

CONCLUSIONS: Our cohort study demonstrated that enforcing SARS-CoV-2 mitigation policies such as masking, physical distancing, and hand hygiene, resulted in minimal clusters of SARS-CoV-2 infection and low rates of secondary transmission in schools, and did not cause a larger community infection burden. Our data indicate that schools can reopen safely if they develop and adhere to specific SARS-CoV-2 prevention policies.

Brad: We've all seen that!!!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You need me to provide you a source that shows that a population of largely low transmission risk individuals practicing social distancing, mask wearing, using contact tracing, and quarantine procedures when exposures occur creates a relatively low risk environment. 

No, I'm asking you to prove your original statement which was "They are probably one of the safest non-household indoor spaces in the country when these basic precautions are followed".

If you'd like to change the discussion from:

"They are probably one of the safest non-household indoor spaces in the country when these basic precautions are followed"

to

"a population of largely low transmission risk individuals practicing social distancing, mask wearing, using contact tracing, and quarantine procedures when exposures occur creates a relatively low risk environment."

Then that's fine with me. Those two statements are completely different. I agree with your second statement. I don't agree with your first.

Don't be a bitch and act like I'm the one building straw men. You made a statement, I asked for proof, your proof didn't back your original statement up at all. You pivoted the argument midstream because your first statement was speculation and stupid. You know what you're doing, because while you've proven many times you have no issues arguing from a base of intellectual dishonesty, you aren't dumb.

This is why very few people here want to engage with you. "Be best" as you like to say when you're trying to gaslight people.

Edited by BradInATX

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

arguing from a base of intellectual dishonesty

source.gif

LOL.

"They are probably one of the safest non-household indoor spaces in the country when these basic precautions are followed"

to

"a population of largely low transmission risk individuals practicing social distancing, mask wearing, using contact tracing, and quarantine procedures when exposures occur creates a relatively low risk environment."

Then that's fine with me. Those two statements are completely different. I agree with your second statement. I don't agree with your first.

Like I said, you are desperate to contrive a point of disagreement. Be Best Brad. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

source.gif

LOL.

to

Like I said, you are desperate to contrive a point of disagreement. Be Best Brad. 

Yes or no. Have you shown any source or link or proof of this statement?

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Yes or no. Have you shown any source or link or proof of this statement?

I think that you need more sleep Brad, you really are in struggle mode right now.  Your quick shift to ad hominem and name calling is your tell. It's not the first time recently either, seems to be a thematic thing for you.

The quoted is an opinion that is informed by the the variety of evidence that exists regarding the effectiveness of distancing, mask wearing, contact tracing, quarantining procedures, a low transmission risk population, and the research that demonstrates that school attendance is not an activity that is driving either community or institutional transmission. Well that, and seeing first hand the procedures implemented with my own kids and watching the outcomes very closely over the last 5 or so months. 

I suppose that you need to be provided data on the effectiveness of all of these measures (beyond what has already been specifically provided to you specific to the school setting)?  If you are tied up in the qualitative comparison with other non-household indoor activities, I suppose that you can argue that other common non-household indoor activities such going to a bar, restaurant, gym, or a big box store where all these measures are not consistently implemented is more safe than a school where all of these measures are consistently implemented, but I think that that would be a foolish struggle.  If you can't be best Brad, at least try to set yourself up for less struggle.    

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

On Monday, the House Education and Labor Committee released bill text that would provide $130 billion to K-12 schools to help students return to the classroom. Schools will be allowed to use the money to update their ventilation systems, reduce class sizes, buy personal protective equipment and hire support staff.

I wonder what Texas schools will do with all the money since we’re already open? Hire out a bunch of pointless HVAC work? 

49 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I think that you need more sleep Brad, you really are in struggle mode right now.  Your quick shift to ad hominem and name calling is your tell. It's not the first time recently either, seems to be a thematic thing for you.

The quoted is an opinion that is informed by the the variety of evidence that exists regarding the effectiveness of distancing, mask wearing, contact tracing, quarantining procedures, a low transmission risk population, and the research that demonstrates that school attendance is not an activity that is driving either community or institutional transmission. Well that, and seeing first hand the procedures implemented with my own kids and watching the outcomes very closely over the last 5 or so months. 

I suppose that you need to be provided data on the effectiveness of all of these measures (beyond what has already been specifically provided to you specific to the school setting)?  If you are tied up in the qualitative comparison with other non-household indoor activities, I suppose that you can argue that other common non-household indoor activities such going to a bar, restaurant, gym, or a big box store where all these measures are not consistently implemented is more safe than a school where all of these measures are consistently implemented, but I think that that would be a foolish struggle.  If you can't be best Brad, at least try to set yourself up for less struggle.    

"No" would have been a lot less typing.

34 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

"No" would have been a lot less typing.

At least you have graduated from posting intellectually dishonest pictures of high school kids in a hallway to try to make an argument that you are unable to articulate. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Haven’t been following as to who is right or wrong in this thread but I’m kind of struck that y’all former cloak roomers are doing to bradinatx what you claim we did to y’all in the cloak room. 

It’s interesting is all. 

What do you mean? Anastasis has been the main one going back and forth with him. 

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

What do you mean? Anastasis has been the main one going back and forth with him. 

I suppose that’s true but it’s not just him. Not trying to get into a big debate over it. You will notice I don’t harass you much at all anymore. I guess I’m no longer on ignore. 

47 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Haven’t been following as to who is right or wrong in this thread but I’m kind of struck that y’all former cloak roomers are doing to bradinatx what you claim we did to y’all in the cloak room. 

It’s interesting is all. 

I think it's nice that for them they have a safe space away from the Cloak Room where they can talk politics without having to defend their hot takes or source their claims. It's sort of like Surlyhorns' version of Parler.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I think it's nice that for them they have a safe space away from the Cloak Room where they can talk politics without having to defend their hot takes or source their claims. It's sort of like Surlyhorns' version of Parler.

It became impossible to defend takes in the cloak room because it became impossible to defend what trump was doing.

January 6 was the culmination of all he did. And was basically inevitable. 

I remember a post from years ago on the shag after trump got elected and a guy posted about a cab ride he was in New York and was talking to some African cab driver and they were talking about trump.

Basically the guy said to the cab driver I can’t wait to elect that guy out and the cabby just laughed. 

You think that guys just gonna leave?! HAhahaha mon.! Ok!

• Hook 'Em 2

What would going to the CR thread solve? There’s Some talk of people getting their shots, some disappointed trump didn’t die of covid, and America’s path to immunity. Seems like a pretty chill day for CR standards.

Would the Tweet about cuomos aid piss off the hornets nest or something? I mean they can come here too. You do it multiple times a day.

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

What would going to the CR thread solve? There’s Some talk of people getting their shots, some disappointed trump didn’t die of covid, and America’s path to immunity. Seems like a pretty chill day for CR standards.

Would the Tweet about cuomos aid piss off the hornets nest or something? I mean they can come here too. You do it multiple times a day.

Covid killed a while lot of people. Lately it’s been killing less. Hope that continues. As I’m sure you do. 

It’s not a political issue. 

44 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Anastasis has been the main one going back and forth with him. 

It hasn't been much of a back and forth.  It all fairness to Brad, it is hard to argue against the salient points that F2F educational structure is important to childhood development, that transmission in the school setting when appropriate measures are taken appears to be a relative non issue, and that teachers should be prioritized appropriately for vaccination.  It is only intellectual dishonesty and foolish pride that causes him to entrench himself in his position, whatever that actually is.   

• Hook 'Em 2

I sometimes wonder who in your very close orbit is so incredibly gullible that you've been conditioned to believe that the bullshit that comes out of your mouth will work on anybody with a semi-working brain. There are like 3 guys on this board who you could turn their name into a verb describing a particular style of ruining a thread and everyone would know exactly what you mean. You are one of them. At least Derka and slorch actually have the self-awareness to realize it. 

I'll leave it to the reader to assess which one of us is spewing bullshit in the course of the last few pages of this thread and which one of us has actually thought in depth about the risks/benefits of in class education, in the context of appropriate covid precautions, as it impacts the people in our very close orbits that we respectively have a responsibility to.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Anastasis said:

I'll leave it to the reader to assess which one of us is spewing bullshit in the course of the last few pages of this thread and which one of us has actually thought in depth about the risks/benefits of in class education, in the context of appropriate covid precautions, as it impacts the people in our very close orbits that we respectively have a responsibility to.  

I don't think many people will be assessing anything because most of the people reading this thread already have you on ignore. Enjoy your reps from Cheeseweasel and Incredulity though. You are the company you keep.

My not invited take on schools is that the schools themselves should be allowed to make the best determination for themselves Irregardless of national politics. And then let the local community decide whether right or wrong.

If that is a controversial take then something is wrong. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I agree. The minute this went political, we were fucked

Yeah, just imagine knowing it was a dangerous airborne virus in Feb of 2020 and telling the American public it was no big deal for months. Sure could lead to hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths

Edited by Captainant

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

I agree.  Likewise, nothing in the below is particularly controversial. But some people just can't help themselves by getting out of their own way. 

10 hours ago, Anastasis said:

1. For many children, especially elementary age, virtual education is not hitting the mark.  For others, and especially middle and high school, virtual may be sufficient.  We won't really know the full ramifications of the educational impacts associated with school closures for a while. 

2. In schools where basic measures such as mask wearing, distancing, and quarantine when close contact situations occur, the risk of in school transmission appears to be extremely low. We are just not seeing things blow up when basic precautions are implemented, especially in elementary situations.  Where we see things pop off, they tend to be extracurriculars and other activities outside of the classroom. 

3. Teachers should be prioritized for vaccination, somewhere after 65+ and healthcare workers, but before bartenders and waitresses and otherwise healthy amazon drivers.

• Hook 'Em 1

My not invited take on schools is that the schools themselves should be allowed to make the best determination for themselves Irregardless of national politics. And then let the local community decide whether right or wrong.

Then you end up with Chicago. Last I heard their mayor and teachers union were at odds. Don’t know if it’s been resolved and public schools are back on or not.

7 hours ago, GRHorn said:

On Monday, the House Education and Labor Committee released bill text that would provide $130 billion to K-12 schools to help students return to the classroom. Schools will be allowed to use the money to update their ventilation systems, reduce class sizes, buy personal protective equipment and hire support staff.

I wonder what Texas schools will do with all the money since we’re already open? Hire out a bunch of pointless HVAC work? 

New football stadiums and lockers for the football players. Duh. 

6 hours ago, BradInATX said:

I don't think many people will be assessing anything because most of the people reading this thread already have you on ignore. Enjoy your reps from Cheeseweasel and Incredulity though. You are the company you keep.

8 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s interesting is all. 

What a complete fucking douche bag.

No, nothing like the cloakroom.  No one is serial neg repping posts trying to crowd source dissent.  

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

No, nothing like the cloakroom.  No one is serial neg repping posts trying to crowd source dissent.  

The serial negging is usually the domain of DT snowflakes like yourself and icono, at least from what I've seen. You don't get negbombed in CR unless you're outright trolling and/or just being a straight up racist. You may get ganged up on, but you don't get kicked off the site for just disagreeing and defending your position with evidence and not rhetoric.

But I can see how that would feel unfair to you

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Don't be such a bitch. GR Horn has basically no rep and wanders into the CR from time to time. If the big bad CR liberals wanted to crowd source him, they could.

It's fine to not want to discuss politics at all on a college football message board, but running away from the political sub to hijack news/current events and turn it into a safe space is so laughably bitchmade. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Captainant said:

The serial negging is usually the domain of DT snowflakes like yourself and icono, at least from what I've seen. You don't get negbombed in CR unless you're outright trolling and/or just being a straight up racist. You may get ganged up on, but you don't get kicked off the site for just disagreeing and defending your position with evidence and not rhetoric.

But I can see how that would feel unfair to you

image.gif.c39f9e896c34af6dd5df0ef3bcabff6b.gif

strike Jan

insert Sandy

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Don't be such a bitch. GR Horn has basically no rep and wanders into the CR from time to time. If the big bad CR liberals wanted to crowd source him, they could.

It's fine to not want to discuss politics at all on a college football message board, but running away from the political sub to hijack news/current events and turn it into a safe space is so laughably bitchmade. 

Nobody has hijacked anything.  The leftists purified their domain and now have to wander other boards trying to pick fights. Fucking laughable.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

The only time the rep thing bothered me was there’s one poster who follows me around and negs dozens of my posts at a time. Even on like the recruiting board.

But to act like there’s no chorus of negs coming if I post over there is laughable. 

The reason most people don’t go into the CR is that it’s like walking into a small auditorium and arguing with 50 people simultaneously, many of which are frothing at the mouth. It’s how imagine it must be to talk to the “triggered” girl.

Let’s say I make an indisputably true point. It will be met with silence, or someone saying “I really hate to agree with GR, but...”. Or maybe they’ll just shift to something else I said last month or whatever to re-litigate. There’s literally no point to it. So why post over there? I stick to the comedy thread. 

To the point where this forum veers into politics I’ll try not to contribute if possible. Part of the problem is just when an article says “Biden Administration to consider domestic travel bans” it immediately gets people’s guards up and ready to go. Not sure how to combat that unless you want this thread to just be the days numbers and us saying wow they’re getting better or worse. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Nobody has hijacked anything.  The leftists purified their domain and now have to wander other boards trying to pick fights. Fucking laughable.

Lol Jfc. This is a college football fan site composed of probably 80 percent white men, most of whom are from Texas. Based on demographics alone I guarantee you Donald Trump won the election among surly posters. You’re not some persecuted minority. You’re just a bitch who ran away from the designated political sub because you have a victim complex that makes aggy blush. Not just going to ignore that when you and others whine about politics in apolitical sub forums.

The only time the rep thing bothered me was there’s one poster who follows me around and negs dozens of my posts at a time. Even on like the recruiting board.

But to act like there’s no chorus of negs coming if I post over there is laughable. 
The reason most people don’t go into the CR is that it’s like walking into a small auditorium and arguing with 50 people simultaneously, many of which are frothing at the mouth. It’s how imagine it must be to talk to the “triggered” girl.
Let’s say I make an indisputably true point. It will be met with silence, or someone saying “I really hate to agree with GR, but...”. Or maybe they’ll just shift to something else I said last month or whatever to re-litigate. There’s literally no point to it. So why post over there? I stick to the comedy thread. 

To the point where this forum veers into politics I’ll try not to contribute if possible. Part of the problem is just when an article says “Biden Administration to consider domestic travel bans” it immediately gets people’s guards up and ready to go. Not sure how to combat that unless you want this thread to just be the days numbers and us saying wow they’re getting better or worse. 

The reason most people don’t go to the CR is because this site exists for Texas football and most people seeking that out online aren’t doing so to find the political board. Which is fine. Post there, don’t post there, who really cares? But to act like y’all are some poor group of refugees driven from the CR while y’all use low IQ drive by tweets to CR a thread outside the politics board is just sad.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Lol Jfc. This is a college football fan site composed of probably 80 percent white men, most of whom are from Texas. Based on demographics alone I guarantee you Donald Trump won the election among surly posters. You’re not some persecuted minority. You’re just a bitch who ran away from the designated political sub because you have a victim complex that makes aggy blush. Not just going to ignore that when you and others whine about politics in apolitical sub forums.

The reason most people don’t go to the CR is because this site exists for Texas football and most people seeking that out online aren’t doing so to find the political board. Which is fine. Post there, don’t post there, who really cares? But to act like y’all are some poor group of refugees driven from the CR while y’all use low IQ drive by tweets to CR a thread outside the politics board is just sad.

image.gif.b3b5131fcc121e38a064cb0ac270fc66.gif

I didn’t run away from anything.  Still post there occasionally.  I don’t find the lockstep leftist drivel particularly interesting.  12 dudes and 3 women screaming at each other in agreement about the villainy of Republicans is tired.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I'm telling y'all, we need a Qanon thread.  Every other major university in this part of the country has a fan site that has a dedicated Qanon thread.  

I don't understand why we don't have one.  

I mean this website is already a retreat from real life for many of us.  Why can't it also be a retreat from sanity, logic, and reason?  

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away