Non-Texas Recruiting 2022

texifornia

Random bits:

• Rumored candidate for DC when Herman got his reboot, Dave Huxtable has entered the Nick Saban School for Coaches who can't coach good
  • Robert Stoops is taking Meyer's Fox analyst gig
  • FootballScoop's list of guys that may be a candidate to backfill at Kansas, which is interesting because they source a lot through agents. It is likely that a portion of this list has already expressed interest.
    • Willie Fritz, Tulane
    • Mike DeBord, Kansas OC
    • Sean Snyder (lolololol)
    • Graham Harrell
    • Gene Chizik
    • Larry Fedora

Of that group, gimme anyone but Harrell. Or Fritz, actually. 

3 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Random bits:

• Rumored candidate for DC when Herman got his reboot, Dave Huxtable has entered the Nick Saban School for Coaches who can't coach good
  • Robert Stoops is taking Meyer's Fox analyst gig
  • FootballScoop's list of guys that may be a candidate to backfill at Kansas, which is interesting because they source a lot through agents. It is likely that a portion of this list has already expressed interest.
    • Willie Fritz, Tulane
    • Mike DeBord, Kansas OC
    • Sean Snyder (lolololol)
    • Graham Harrell
    • Gene Chizik
    • Larry Fedora

Of that group, gimme anyone but Harrell. Or Fritz, actually. 

Harrell would be insane to jump at a Kansas offer at this point in his career. 

16 hours ago, texifornia said:

Fucking Fawcett

I'm not sure what's more delightful to me, watching your hate for a an edit guy or watching Golfclap's hate of pretty much everything in life. Probably yours because it's like watching the Queen of England curse a blue streak at an adorable bunny. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Tech's new recruiting coordinator is....fun

I'm trying to understand what the fuck is going on here, but it's apparently beyond my reach. The pithy Banner Society take stacked with the Ricky's One-hitter pithy take don't add anything. Are we supposed to research who this generally obscure person is and the ramifications of this video? Is this theater? Is it some sort of training? Why the fuck do we need to have to work hard in order to understand shit posted on here? Some of you fuckers and your haphazard twitter updating. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I'm trying to understand what the fuck is going on here, but it's apparently beyond my reach. The pithy Banner Society take stacked with the Ricky's One-hitter pithy take don't add anything. Are we supposed to research who this generally obscure person is and the ramifications of this video? Is this theater? Is it some sort of training? 

If you care enough about this absurdist content, you'll figure it out. I have not. 

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Why the fuck do we need to have to work hard in order to understand shit posted on here? Some of you fuckers and your haphazard twitter updating. 

Idk what the intent was here, but the expectation that I pre-masticate twitter on your behalf before posting is fucking hilarious. Genuinely terrific.

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm trying to understand what the fuck is going on here, but it's apparently beyond my reach. The pithy Banner Society take stacked with the Ricky's One-hitter pithy take don't add anything. Are we supposed to research who this generally obscure person is and the ramifications of this video? Is this theater? Is it some sort of training? Why the fuck do we need to have to work hard in order to understand shit posted on here? Some of you fuckers and your haphazard twitter updating. 

From the comments, looks like one of those weirdo preacher types every school has, except Tech has apparently turned her into a The Room-esque theater exhibition which is honestly fantastic, good for them 

9 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

If you care enough about this absurdist content, you'll figure it out. I have not. 

Idk what the intent was here, but the expectation that I pre-masticate twitter on your behalf before posting is fucking hilarious. Genuinely terrific.

I think my posting history indicates that I'm not expecting to be spoonfed, nor do I need to be. My view is that I don't know what in the fuck you posted, about who in the fuck you posted. I don't think many disagree. In the event that that's a risk for a post, a little fucking color isn't a task, it's a necessity. 

SMU replaces Joyner with Chidera Uzo-Diribe (28 year old rescued from the Kansas trash fire) He is going to be a ++ recruiter. No idea how he will do as a position coach but this is an excellent way to minimize the recruiting loss/impact of losing Joyner. 

At some point, gotta hurt recruiting at lsu...

LSU administrator gave rapists, stalkers and other Title IX violators slaps on the wrist

Kenny Jacoby, Nancy Armour and Jessica Luther

USA TODAY      March 17th, 2021

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2021/03/17/lsu-rapists-and-stalkers-got-some-lowest-possible-sanctions/4635534001/

59 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

LSU administrator gave rapists, stalkers and other Title IX violators slaps on the wrist

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2021/03/17/lsu-rapists-and-stalkers-got-some-lowest-possible-sanctions/4635534001/

One would think, but SEC.

Edited by RollLeft

7 hours ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Was the guy shagging one of the recruiting assistants? Don't recall ever seeing a headline written quite like that

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

He was at Tennessee with Pruitt.

Graham is the one that got a 6mo show cause at aggy. It's almost certainly violation related. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

Apparently Phaizon Wilson has narrowed it down to Arkansas and Alabama, and Arky thinks they have a shot. Since the Bama offer is likely not committable, I'd say they have a decent shot. 

https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/two-team-battle-for-4-star-phaizon-wilson

He'll probably light it up under Baby Briles, it's worked out well all around.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/18/2021 at 7:34 AM, LTtxfan said:

Heating up more -- gotta start hurting lsu recruiting now

Edited by LTtxfan

Quick in-conference coaching search update

Kansas hired their AD, Travis Goff of Northwestern. While they didn't let him decide whether to give Bill Self a new contract (YOLO), they are letting him steer the football hire. Prior to adding Goff, their leading candidates were Fritz, Monken, and Leipold. 

Considering Goff has watched Pat Fitzgerald do something with nothing for his whole tenure there, imo, it's Leipold unless Fritz pushes for it. Willie Fritz has lots of connections to the state of Kansas and may actually want the job. Either way, interim hc Emmett Jones is not going to get the job and we would be well served to lock him down in an analyst role quickly to help Banks with DFW. 

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Quick in-conference coaching search update

Kansas hired their AD, Travis Goff of Northwestern. While they didn't let him decide whether to give Bill Self a new contract (YOLO), they are letting him steer the football hire. Prior to adding Goff, their leading candidates were Fritz, Monken, and Leipold. 

Considering Goff has watched Pat Fitzgerald do something with nothing for his whole tenure there, imo, it's Leipold unless Fritz pushes for it. Willie Fritz has lots of connections to the state of Kansas and may actually want the job. Either way, interim hc Emmett Jones is not going to get the job and we would be well served to lock him down in an analyst role quickly to help Banks with DFW. 

That is an actually good list. I don't know if I'm ready for a KU with a functional athletic department. It's just not their style.