Brandt

Santa Fe Recs

11 hours ago, Texaspython said:

I tried Andiamo over Christmas. Great place.

Has a really good rep. and is very popular. Woman who moved here from Austin several years ago owns it. I'm tall and their small tables and chairs were uncomfortable for me. Piccolino is more casual italian fare, and I really like Trattoria al Mano for upscale. And Il Vicino for pizza.

Edited by Chopper

On 2/4/2020 at 7:42 PM, Bobby Light said:

Heading to SF for a few days next week. It's going to be cold so no patio weather is a bummer but we'll be hitting the slopes up mostly. Amy new spots worth mentioning?

What part of town are you staying in? Don't overlook the japanese/korean restaurant at 10000 Waves that you'll pass on the way back from the slopes - izanami.

A couple new places I forgot to mention. A really good persian restaurant - Milad. On Alameda next to the grocery co-op, La Montanita.

Also there's a new steakhouse that's basically ranch to table - Market Steer, not far from the Plaza. From my experience, if you're not going to get steak, don't bother. They also make a great burger but it's only available at the bar next door during happy hour, Secreto.

What part of town are you staying in? Don't overlook the japanese/korean restaurant at 10000 Waves that you'll pass on the way back from the slopes - izanami.

We rented a house on the NE side of town, not far from the governor's mansion. The spas at 10k is Def on the list.

On 2/4/2020 at 10:32 PM, Chopper said:

Yes. Mampuku Ramen opened a couple months ago. They have a variety of very tasty broths and I've enjoyed 'em all, even the very non-traditional brisket with green chile was great. They have a shrimp wrapped in green chile tempura that is killer.

Uncle DT's BBQ, close to Meow Wolf, was a trailer, now he has a brick and mortar that just opened a couple weeks ago. Owner did some apprentice time at Black's. We don't have oak here though so he uses pecan, I think.

Santa Fe Brewing has a recently opened tap room they call the Brakeroom a half block from the Capitol (Roundhouse).

If you need a shitload of wings there's a new Wing Stop on the south side of town.

A greek place called Yamas Greek Rotisserie just opened a few weeks ago and while I haven't been I've heard very good things.

The mixed breakfast burrito at El Chile Toreado is still my favorite food in town. Their quesadillas are also amazing esp if you top it with condiments from their salsa bar. It's a food truck near Whole Foods.

There's a new taqueria dive place on Cerillos called La Piña Loka and their steak and shrimp tacos with green salsa are great  https://www.santafenewmexican.com/life/taste/at-new-la-pi-a-loka-small-space-delivers-big/article_ace1dc36-36ff-11ea-8636-af490dcbffb9.html

Meow Wolf has a ton of concerts on their calendar this year (listed under events on their calendar) and it's a great intimate club if you see a band you like.

Great post.

Love that town.  Meow Wolf -- I have been three times now.  I still don't know what the heck I am looking at.

Great post.

Love that town.  Meow Wolf -- I have been three times now.  I still don't know what the heck I am looking at.

Have you ever tried to actually follow the story line that starts on the dining room table? It’s crazy AF.

12 hours ago, Bobby Light said:

We rented a house on the NE side of town, not far from the governor's mansion. The spas at 10k is Def on the list.

A couple of other thoughts of things off the beaten path. Family friendly restaurant that opened this year near the Plaza is Fiesta Oaxaca. Interior Mexican, focus on mole. El Callejon is also a new Mexican place also near the plaza and it's pretty good.  Far from the Plaza, I assume you're already familiar with Rowley Farmhouse Ales. If not their food and beer are excellent. A very wife-friendly pastry shop not far from the Plaza is Chaine - that's the owner's name, her specialty is macarons. Opened a couple months ago. They're pretty awesome. Also alcohol-wise and wife friendly, Honeymoon Brewery brews a very tasty hard kombucha at their location on Alameda. And if you head over to Meow Wolf, there's a new location of Kakawa Chocolate House nearby.

Oh, if any of your family are Game of Thrones fans, George RR Martin just opened Beastly Books 3 doors down from his cinema on Montezuma St.