Bernie Sanders 2020 Watch

Dropout

PARKOUR GRANDPA

D6yVzYPWsAAmr4A.jpg:large

This is our man Berno talking to an overflow crowd from his OVER CAPACITY speech in North Carolina yesterday or whatever

[edit]

Damn check out Alexandria Ocasio-Swoltez in the pink tank top right in front of Bernie. Nice

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1

Bernie using his mailing and text lists to drive turnout to picket lines.

He's the best.

Demcrats, this is what is know as "leadership"

Being Democrats, you probably don't know what that is, but this is what it looks like.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Since he’s likely to be our next President, I hope he switches stances on this. 

I'm going to assume that the fact that Chait's spouse, Robin Chait, is an analyst and pro-charter school advocate at WestEd wasn't disclosed in this article.

Fuck Chait and fuck charter schools.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dick Tremayne said:

I'm going to assume that the fact that Chait's spouse, Robin Chait, is an analyst and pro-charter school advocate at WestEd wasn't disclosed in this article.

Fuck Chait and fuck charter schools.

No. That was not disclosed. Interesting to know. 

That said, what is your objection to non profit charter schools?  Seems a good bit of data behind it improving outcomes. Some studies linked in the article. I’ve seen other stuff elsewhere.

I do find it interesting that the minority demographics that benefit most from it, mostly support it, while it appears most of the Democratic resistance to charters comes from whites. 

15 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

When the Glorious Leader assumes power the charter schools will be turned into reeducation camps. 

For sure. Get those minorities out of the schools they want and into the schools He wants. 

On 5/11/2019 at 3:48 PM, bad_teammate said:

Postal banking is an awesome idea that multiple candidates have backed (Warren, Gillibrand, and now Sanders have all co-sponsored legislation).

They were doing it in 2001 in France, probably still are. Of course, everything in France is kind of like a giant Air Force base full of civilian employees, minus the airplanes. Things work or don't work based on that.

Now if he wanted us to do like Mexican banks, that's be awesome. Go in there and buy big chunks of silver and gold. It's Goblin banking.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 3:48 PM, bad_teammate said:

Postal banking is an awesome idea that multiple candidates have backed (Warren, Gillibrand, and now Sanders have all co-sponsored legislation).

as if lines at the post office are not long enough.  

I'd rather people bank at the local police station.  Or how about the local bank? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NowThis said:

as if lines at the post office are not long enough.  

I'd rather people bank at the local police station.  Or how about the local bank? 

Because, for millions of Americans, there isn't one.

Also, the lack of competition in this for-profit enterprise leads to monopolies and the resulting gouging.

(Also, given how cops love to abuse/kill minorities and the poor and confiscate people's wealth for little/no reason, police banking sounds like a fascist's wet dream.)

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Because, for millions of Americans, there isn't one.

Also, the lack of competition in this for-profit enterprise leads to monopolies and the resulting gouging.

(Also, given how cops love to abuse/kill minorities and the poor and confiscate people's wealth for little/no reason, police banking sounds like a fascist's wet dream.)

i wouldn't say they love it.  i mean, they're really good at it.

~*~*~ SECRETS ~*~*~

[edit]

lol garbage Dems hate him so much

“He became the very thing he criticized others for becoming and at the same time didn’t fix any of the problems he’s been railing about that got him to this point,” Boston-based Democratic strategist Mary Anne Marsh told me.

“He almost at times sounds like he thinks it’s inherently evil to be well-off,” veteran Democratic strategist Bob Shrum said this week in an interview.

Edited by bad_teammate

On 5/22/2019 at 9:48 AM, bad_teammate said:

Bernie. No.

No.

NO!

BAD BERNIE!

tenor.gif?itemid=7354432

It's funny that if this were any other candidate, diehard Bernies would be crying foul all over social media.  But of course, this particular news is generally looked over because it's not a sign of anything nefarious. 

But it is a sign that Bernie is losing momentum. I'm surprised it's not being talked about more.  His poll numbers right now are not promising at all. 

He did these last cycle and everyone does them. I don't like it, though.

Biden started off his campaign with one of these that raised at least $700k from industry titans. Is it because his campaign was losing momentum?

Over the last two weeks, Bernie's been pretty flat polling-wise. Warren up. Everyone else down.

It's the doldrums. No good news for anyone in the polls recently.

15 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

He did these last cycle and everyone does them. I don't like it, though.

Biden started off his campaign with one of these that raised at least $700k from industry titans. Is it because his campaign was losing momentum?

Biden's always planned to go after big donor money. He's an old school politician that will raise cash with fewer self-imposed restrictions. But you know that. 

I have zero problem Bernie hosting fundraisers, outside of the purity testers that ignore Bernie's pivot but scream bloody murder if another Democratic opponent does the same thing. 

Also according to the Politico article you linked, Bernie recently hired a fundraiser which is "a position he did not have in his 2016 bid." So this seems new. 

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

It's funny that if this were any other candidate, diehard Bernies would be crying foul all over social media.  But of course, this particular news is generally looked over because it's not a sign of anything nefarious. 

But it is a sign that Bernie is losing momentum. I'm surprised it's not being talked about more.  His poll numbers right now are not promising at all. 

Probably because Bernie has better politics and more credibility than anyone else in the field, including "capitalist to my bones" Warren.

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Probably because Bernie has better politics and more credibility than anyone else in the field, including "capitalist to my bones" Warren.

It's a combination of the above and the fact that Bernie supporters are the most loud mouthed purity testers on social media. 

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

It's a combination of the above and the fact that Bernie supporters are the most loud mouthed purity testers on social media. 

There are some annoying Bernie fans, but they aren't nearly as bad as the #stillwithher dead enders.  

On 5/23/2019 at 5:52 PM, bad_teammate said:

This stuff wins a general election against Trump.

Lulz, the crying guy saying Bernie is for the “Everyman” 

no one talks like that except political consultants 

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Where does that line end?

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Corporate interests intertwined with a militarized intelligence apparatus and an economic system dependent on the petrodollar. 

Yes, of course.

He's not as firebreathing about it as I'd like, but yeah, that's his thing.

Bump...to keep Bernie's candidacy on the forum front page

MANCHESTER, N.H.— Bernie Sanders picked a small room for a weeknight rally and didn’t come close to filling it. This was, his campaign says, all part of the plan. The new plan. Across seven events over 48 hours in New Hampshire earlier this week, he drew an estimated 2,400 people—total. Most of the events were like what a strong congressional candidate could have pulled together. 

To his credit, Sanders seemed like he couldn’t have been happier to be back to this style of campaigning. He teased his upcoming trip to Arkansas to speak on behalf of Walmart workers at the company’s annual shareholders’ meeting, tearing into the Walton family for piling up billions of dollars while full-time employees go on food stamps. 

This week was a return to the life Sanders had lived until 2015, riffing in backyard get-togethers about how he’d tried and failed to stop the Iraq War, but turned out to be right all along, subsequently receiving praise from small groups of aging white lefties who helped spread the word that “Bernie” was the real deal. During three events on Monday, Sanders even had his old friends from Burlington, Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, scooping Ben & Jerry’s ice cream themselves. 

Rivals see a campaign that’s stagnating. Polls show Sanders’s numbers falling, with Senator Elizabeth Warren and others gradually ascending, and the larger Democratic mood toward unity seems to be at odds with his combative style. That may be why the Monmouth University poll last week that measured Democrats’ favorability ratings of well-known candidates showed Sanders behind former Vice President Joe Biden, Senator Kamala Harris, and Warren—and, at 44 percent, well down from the high of 53 percent he enjoyed in March. 

cont.

Bernie Sanders Tries to Reclaim the Insurgency

lol isn't Dovere that idiot that smeared Sirota, and then got publicly owned by the editor of the Guardian over the lies Dovere was spreading?  Is Dovere's assignment at the Atlantic simply to attack Bernie?  

Edited by Fozzz
  • Like 1