Bernie Sanders 2020 Watch

Dropout

10 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

So I guess Bernie voted against the 1994 Crime Bill, right?

No, since it was bundled with the Violence Against Women Act, he couldn't.

I have a number of serious problems with the crime bill, but one part of it that I vigorously support is the Violence Against Women Act. We urgently need the $1.8 billion in this bill to combat the epidemic of violence against women on the streets and in the homes of America.

That picture doesn't have enough bros in it.

It's a god damned shame what this movement has become. :(

5 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Millionaire Bernie.  Lol.  At least he tries to look poor wearing those ill fitting suits.  What’s Trump’s excuse?

"12 suits, 600 bucks"

Bernie rules and has always ruled.

“The owners were scared of Bernie. They thought he was a Communist and weird,” said Brenda Torpy, a key housing administrator under Sanders and now the head of the Champlain Housing Trust. “When they walked in his office he said, ‘I know your job is to make as much money as you can, but we are not going to let you displace hundreds of families in our city.’ And they knew then they were going to lose.”

Sanders took on another opponent that even he knew he was unlikely to defeat: the federal government. During his years in office, the city issued a stream of resolutions calling for an end to US aid to El Salvador, condemnation of support for the Contras in Nicaragua, and the transfer of US funds from military to civilian needs, to name a few.

Ties were established with sister cities in the Soviet Union and Nicaragua, while international visitors including members of the Irish Republican Army were regularly invited to City Hall.

Bernie is great. He will make this seem like must see TV. I knew this was coming but assumed it would be from AOC first. 

“Bernie Sanders suggests Disney should use 'Avengers: Endgame' profits to pay workers 'middle class wage'”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bernie-sanders-disney-avengers-endgame-workers

I like Bernie’s thinking here. I mean, he just wrote a book and made millions. Shouldn’t those that actually made, distributed and sold the book be entitled to share in his exorbitant windfall?  

Is Bernie aware of the many industry workers in California who are contracted season to season and rely on unemployment as part of their annual salary?

#popcorn gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Bernie is great. He will make this seem like must see TV. I knew this was coming but assumed it would be from AOC first. 

“Bernie Sanders suggests Disney should use 'Avengers: Endgame' profits to pay workers 'middle class wage'”

I like Bernie’s thinking here. I mean, he just wrote a book and made millions. Shouldn’t those that actually made, distributed and sold the book be entitled to share in his exorbitant windfall?  

Is Bernie aware of the many industry workers in California who are contracted season to season and rely on unemployment as part of their annual salary?

#popcorn gif

Yes and yes. Bernie Sanders would agree.

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

#popcorn gif

my unemployment friends are the most fun to hang out with in between gigs.

• Like 1

4 years of oppo research on Bernie and still, the only thing they have, is red-baiting.

But, of course, it just makes Bernie more awesome.

Inside Bernie Sanders's 1988 10-day "honeymoon" in the Soviet Union (WaPo)

On one of the last days of the trip, officials in Yaroslavl took the Vermonters to a workers’ retreat at an oil refinery for a classic Russian celebration: a trip to the sauna and a bath in cold water. Wrapping themselves in towels and then putting on toga-style sheets, Sanders and his colleagues gathered around a table lined with vodka bottles. A video of the event shows Sanders, bare-chested, listening in delight to Russian folk songs. In response, Sanders and other Americans sang the Woody Guthrie ballad “This Land Is Your Land.”

Weaver, the adviser, said Sanders “looks back on it with great fondness as a moment of celebrating with other people.”

Bouricius recalled the moment vividly.

“It would have been a normal boring kind of diplomatic exchange except we had just come out of the sauna,” he said. “I think we were probably naked in the sauna. I certainly hadn’t brought a bathing suit. . . . We were bare-chest with towels on.”

Alan Rubin, an internist who was on the trip, recalled it similarly, saying: “I remember the togas, the vodkas. . . . I don’t remember anyone not drinking vodka.” Sanders, he said, “was jolly and light. I think we don’t see that often. He is genuinely that way.”

"WHERE IS THE DIRT, SCUM!?"

- "We're sorry, mother, we watched all 120 hours of his community television show and he's..."

"HE'S WHAT!?"

- "Well... he's... he's awesome, abuelita!"

*Hillary collapses into the nearest broom closet, one shoe flying*

"long, bizarre pause" 🙄

It's funny to see the liberals think they're going to catch him being a secret racist. They're just telling on themselves endlessly.

A better critical attack against Berno...

NO! BAD BERNIE! NO! NO DECORUM BULLSHIT!

BAD BERNIE! NO!

NO! NO MORE DECORUM BULLSHIT!

tenor.gif?itemid=7354432

In the 1970s, Bernie Sanders, then in his 30s, ran -- over and over again in Vermont -- and lost repeatedly, never cracking double digits. In a series of quixotic bids at statewide office as a member of the self-described "radical" Liberty Union Party, he railed against corporate titans and promised to eliminate laws regulating drugs, homosexuality and, before the Supreme Court stepped in, abortion.

He campaigned in a local prison and spoke forcefully about racial disparities in the criminal justice system. The government, he said during a talk about desegregation busing, "doesn't give a sh** about black people."

Unlike so many other public figures with long careers or winding arcs, Sanders did not arrive at this moment of national reckoning through a personal or political "evolution." He broke through, instead, with an uncompromising, insistent vision of radical upheaval -- and a taste for conflict with the forces determined to keep him on the fringes.

The making of Bernie Sanders: How a hitchhiking campaigner pushed a vision that remains remarkably unchanged