Bernie Sanders 2020 Watch

Dropout

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Donald Trump is mostly right about American media.

Headline: "Bernie Sanders showed up uninvited..."

Article text: "Sanders was invited to speak ..."

Politico has been trying like hell to hatchet Bernie from the beginning.

It would have been cooler if he showed up uninvited.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 10:44 PM, bad_teammate said:

Bernie fucking SUCKS at baseball

If he’d forget about his fucking hat and run through first base he would have beat the throw. I’ll attribute that to years of rust.

Edited by Dropout

The thing that bugs me about Bernie is I know he will never drop out of this race no matter how bad it gets for him.  I am not saying he’s wrong to stay in because I understand his movement is what is important to him, and that’s admirable. 

The unintended consequences of a Biden nomination or a split democratic coalition because Bernie couldn’t get out of the way will be most irritating, if it goes down like that but oh well, that’s democracy. 

I’m not counting Bernie out but I don’t see him growing his base beyond what it was in 2016.  In 2020 that could be enough to win but the outlook is not so good. 

Dragging Ronald Reagan's dead, terrible ass.

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The thing that bugs me about Bernie is I know he will never drop out of this race no matter how bad it gets for him.

hmmmmmm if only there was a history to look at to determine whether or not Bernie would concede and endorse at the Democratic primary and then fly all over the country to try and get his opponent elected in the general

Oh well! I guess we'll never know!

And Hillary supporters are still butthurt Bernie didn’t drop out in April/May when Hillary had the nomination locked up.  No, he had to go all the way to the convention only to make the Wikileaks emails and the convention even more divisive.  But hey, thanks Bernie for falling in line for the greater good at the end. 

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

And Hillary supporters are still butthurt Bernie didn’t drop out in April/May when Hillary had the nomination locked up.  

Hillary supporters are mad that a candidate who was mathematically eliminated held on to force concessions and compromises from the person who had mathematically eliminated them to make sure their agenda gets adopted as much as possible?

DO TELL! lol

Hillary justified doing the same thing by saying, "Hey, RFK was assassinated in June, so ya never know!"

But you already knew all this and you're a disingenuous troll. :)

No, he had to go all the way to the convention only to make the Wikileaks emails and the convention even more divisive.

It's Bernie's fault that the DNC was conspiring against him in secret.

Good logic.

I remember Sam from Air America.

There was basically zero voice in America against war at the time, and it was always refreshing to hear guys like Sam. I loved the chemistry he had with Garofalo. It was hilarious how much the right-wing wanted to dunk on Garofalo but she was always so much smarter than them (and, of course, right about the evil and folly of our wars). Here we are, 15-20 years later and it's all come to a head and crystallized with Donald Trump.

• Like 1

hopefully Biden stays in a while to deflect bullshit away from Bernie a little longer. Give Bernie, Warren, and the others a little more time to get their message out on a national stage. Then we'll see who starts emerging as the frontrunner. My prediction is it won't be Uncle Joe.

I'm pretty much all in on the Bernie/Warren train at this point.  I don't care who's on top of the ticket and who's VP, but these two need to win.

I think pretty much any Democrat beats Trump in 2020.  It would be such a waste to nominate an uninspiring centrist like Biden when we have a chance to nominate some real progressives against possibly the most beatable Republican candidate in history.  

• Like 2

Sirota is a bad surrogate, but he's not wrong there.

The fact that many have convinced themselves that all these candidates are basically the same and that the only real issue in America is Donald Trump doesn't make any of that true. It's bullshit. There are HUGE, fundamental differences in how these candidates would govern and the primary is the time to hash all that out.

And Bernie is the only answer, so anyone that doesn’t vote for him is an asshole.

That tweet I just posted was a shot at Biden (D powerbroker) , Warren and others (middle-grounders) and Buttigieg (technocrat).

Bernie’s people would be smart to tell Sirota to pipe down on Twitter. He’s rightfully getting skewered and it’s a bad look for Sanders. It reeks of desperation.

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

And Bernie is the only answer, so anyone that doesn’t vote for him is an asshole.

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

That tweet I just posted was a shot at Biden (D powerbroker) , Warren and others (middle-grounders) and Buttigieg (technocrat).

I think you're 100% correct about Biden and Buttigieg (and Sirota is correct in his characterization of them), but why is Warren in there? To help you feel injured and oppressed?