Bernie Sanders 2020 Watch

Dropout

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

So? I don't mean that flippantly, but this kind of thing is offered as if avoiding it is a given.

Here are two questions to evaluate when thinking about voter fear:
1) Is it a significant enough amount of voters to derail the initiative?
2) If yes, can the initiative be sold in a way that will allay those fears?

If the answer to 1 is "no" then it doesn't matter at all. You just fucking do it because you don't need 90%, you need 51%.

Lead with the right answer. Don't defeat yourself before the battle begins.

So = I want the Dem candidate to win.  If Bernie or Warren win the primary, abolishing private insurance will be a big part of the general.  If it doesn't hurt them, great.  But I think being a little less absolute on this would help with a big chunk of voters. 

1 hour ago, Mojo Hand said:

So = I want the Dem candidate to win.  If Bernie or Warren win the primary, abolishing private insurance will be a big part of the general.  If it doesn't hurt them, great.  But I think being a little less absolute on this would help with a big chunk of voters. 

I understand what you're saying and I know you want the Democrats to win, so I want you to watch this clip to help you understand how we actually lost.

"keep shopping"

Then I want you to watch how we ARE GOING TO FUCKING WIN

"I would say that as a nation we owe these folks a great deal."
- "Amen"

Watch all the way to the end. If you have to, skip to 14:00 and watch to the end. Look at the reaction.

Bernie Sanders won every single county in West Virginia. All 55. He won Michigan. He won Wisconsin. He went to those people and told them what they were going to get and they voted for him. With the entire DNC against him and the media establishment pimping Hillary as hard as they possibly could.

These people want a better future, not some fucking "KEEP SHOPPING" bullshit from corporate whores. If we send someone in there with speechifying about hopeful values for valued hopes we are going to fucking lose again.

They KNOW corporate America has stolen from them. They KNOW they are getting ratfucked every day by the Republicans and the Democrats. If you send some McKinsey-trained ventriloquist dummy in there they're going to (rightfully) tell you to eat a mile of shit, because that is what the CEOs of the corporations they hate sound like. It's how the guy talks when the talk about how it's time to shut down the factory and move it to China. Game recognize game.

When we look at the suffering and pain in these people, do we REALLY think their primary motivator is anti-black racism? Let's be serious. They voted for Obama. They'd vote for RuPaul if RuPaul was convincing about wanting to give them economic justice. 

What many people want right now is a way to win without fighting; a delusion that if we compromise hard enough with our own values before we even talk to voters they'll be compelled to vote for us and we won't even have to do anything or ever feel uncomfortable.

Nope, it's a fucking fight and we have to fight for what is right. If we do that, we win.

If we don't, we lose again.