Bernie Sanders 2020 Watch

Dropout

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  Righttttt.  BT:  if one wealthy person receives any benefits from Yang’s UBI that’s one too many. Also BT: Bernie’s plan to forgive UHNW individuals of 100’s of thousands in student loan debt is cool.  Because Bernie.  LMAO

My problem with Yang's "U"BI isn't that wealthy people receive it, it's that poor people don't

I even specifically say the rich should get the UBI just like the poor.

Don't lie, bud, just have better opinions. It's easier.

7 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Didn't she ask that because he's had a specific history with that issue in 2016?

Nope. The Democratic Convention started July 25, 2016 and Bernie conceded earlier in the month and gave a very good endorsement speech and then went on to fly all over the country for her.

(Unlike Ted's speech at the RNC, which had an amazing BossMan entrance by Donald.)

Unless by "issue" you mean, "had negotiations with the winner in order to get concessions" in which case, the issue you're concerned about is literally what always happens and will happen again no matter what. It's why Hillary was Obama's Secretary of State.

Sirota rules because he fights back. Of course, shitlibs hate him for fighting back and not just stoically taking dishonest attacks, but that's what we need.

Bernie worked his ass off for Clinton to get her elected in 2016.

Clinton didn't do shit in 2008 to help Obama. She had ONE joint appearance with him after the convention. Her campaign publicly asked for the VP slot.

If you know all these facts and you still promote the bullshit idea that he acted improperly in 2016 you're not worth responding to with anything but scorn and dismissal.

As for the 2016 process being rigged, it was. Even Warren agrees. That doesn't mean Hillary didn't legitimately win, but it was purposefully set up by the party in her favor for her to win (which is what rigging a game is). Is Bernie supposed to lie and pretend the DNC didn't conspire against him when we have evidence that they did?

No, fuck that. Tell the truth and don't worry about the bad faith concern trolling of those who want lies instead.

Bernie demonstrated last night just how much American politics has changed over the last four years.  He looked very 2016 up there talking about Medicare-for-all as though it were some new and revolutionary idea.  It's not.  It may not be an idea that everybody (or even most people) support.  But it's neither new nor revolutionary.

So with no new or revolutionary ideas, Bernie just looked old.

So good for Bernie for mainstreaming his ideas.  He should retire on that and be very satisfied with his career.  But now he just looks like an old ballplayer whom the game has passed by.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Bernie demonstrated last night just how much American politics has changed over the last four years.  He looked very 2016 up there talking about Medicare-for-all as though it were some new and revolutionary idea.  It's not.  It may not be an idea that everybody (or even most people) support.  But it's neither new nor revolutionary.

So good for Bernie for mainstreaming his ideas.  He should retire on that and be very satisfied with his career.  But now he just looks like an old ballplayer whom the game has passed by.

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

i think the real test will be when he’s on a debate stage with warren - someone who overlaps with bernie in a lot of ways but has real momentum right now. 

much like trump, bernie really benefitted from running against hrc. 

Bernie needs to channel his inner BT, imo.  He needs to step up his asshole game and just swing at anybody near him.  He had a chance to tout the consistency of his record when Harris and Biden were talking about bussing and segregation, but he just sat there like a dope while Harris took down Biden and Biden called Harris a cop. He had a chance to bloody them both, and sat on his hands. 

Bernie is walking a tightrope. He can’t be perceived to be finger wagging at the only minority woman in the race. He had a solid night yelling the same shit he has been yelling. That’s good enough to continue. As the field thins and he gets more time to speak his record will come to the forefront naturally just like 2016.

17 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Bernie needs to channel his inner BT, imo.  He needs to step up his asshole game and just swing at anybody near him.  He had a chance to tout the consistency of his record when Harris and Biden were talking about bussing and segregation, but he just sat there like a dope while Harris took down Biden and Biden called Harris a cop. He had a chance to bloody them both, and sat on his hands. 

Yeah, I don't see what other options he has.  Many of the other candidates have adapted to his earlier success by parroting much of his rhetoric and claiming to support the popular policies he brought to the fore in 2016.  The media is not going to call these people at out as charlatans so what else is he to do but call them out for being full of shit?  He should ask Liz why the hell she was a market fundie Republican as a 40 something year old Harvard law professor writing white papers on how the utility companies needed to be deregulated (but she wasn't "political" back then lmao).  

Bernie has appeal because he's the most honest person of the 20 by far. He's more an elected activist than a slick politician who would shape his vague words by opinion polls. It's bizarre to see any attacks on his personality, where the public is dying for a good decent person, but rejects the only good decent guy in all of politics.  America deserves what it gets, one asshole after another. Dumb america dumb. 

• Like 2

the characterization that "bernie should get the credit for progressive ideas and pulling the party where it needed to go" is fair and accurate.  but i think now that others have adopted [versions of] his plans, i think people are preferring other messengers carrying his same message.

claiming ageism after last night is not a great look.  unfortunately, and for obvious reasons, he's being lumped in with biden, who couldn't even finish off his heated grandstanding without saying he ran out of time and apologizing.  (may have been joe's only apology ever).

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

the characterization that "bernie should get the credit for progressive ideas and pulling the party where it needed to go" is fair and accurate.  but i think now that others have adopted [versions of] his plans, i think people are preferring other messengers carrying his same message.

claiming ageism after last night is not a great look.  unfortunately, and for obvious reasons, he's being lumped in with biden, who couldn't even finish off his heated grandstanding without saying he ran out of time and apologizing.  (may have been joe's only apology ever).

2 hours ago, Fozzz said:

The thing is, it is possible for a pol to claim to support a policy in order to help the pol's chances of getting elected while also not really supporting the policy.  See Obama on everything he ever promised.

Why do people trust these other messengers (politicians) to carry his authentic message? After 30 40 years?? Come on...

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

"the best argument against democracy is five minutes with the average voter."

I wouldn’t characterize you as an average voter so I’ll ask directly. Why would you trust other messengers henry? I know you don’t dislike Bernie but have gathered he’s not your first choice.