Machinator

Andrew Jones

chemo (and radiation) will wreak havoc on your body, and it's not unusual to lose 25% of your weight when undergoing treatment. in particular, it's very hard to eat if you end up with a bad case of mucositis followed by the inability to swallow food (and even pills). 

movement is medicine!

I had a bone marrow transplant back in 1993, so I know what he's up against. Thankfully, those were the dark ages of leukemia treatment compared to what they can do today. Kick its ass, Andrew!

21 minutes ago, Bitterwhiteguy said:

It is, but he is actually gaining significant body mass back.

Yeah, you can tell in other instagram posts that he's putting on weight. 

1 hour ago, Revolution512 said:

He’s dead set on playing, he’s still got a couple months to gain strength. 

512, its to my understanding that his treatments don't end until September. If he can come back at 100% sometime during the year, thats great but its not as easy as most think. Being back at 100% is a far cry from the video of him above. Personally he should plan on redshirting this year but if the doctors give him a clean bill of health, then it will be tough to keep him off the court.

I agree. Although he certainly wants to get back as soon as possible i think that a redshirt year is the only way to go.

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I agree. Although he certainly wants to get back as soon as possible i think that a redshirt year is the only way to go.

This may be the only time I ever say this...you are right.

I must be getting old.

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Junior

So he could play his way into shape this year and then use his senior year to audition for the NBA

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

i don't think aj has any plans of sticking around for his senior season. if he's healthy he'll go pro after this year.

27 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

i don't think aj has any plans of sticking around for his senior season. if he's healthy he'll go pro after this year.

I agree, I think the G-league is a likely destination for him after this season.