Caravan

gsoda3

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Why are you such a pussy?

What part of my statement do you disagree with?

That I’d never use my kids as human shields from responsibility or following the laws of another nation in which I am visiting illegally?

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, slorch said:

What part of my statement do you disagree with?

That I’d never use my kids as human shields from responsibility or following the laws of another nation in which I am visiting illegally?

Slorch the reasonable: "We must kill the children to protect ourselves"

Wildcat the coward: "...why do you need protection from children?"

Slorch the reasonable: "WHY ARE YOU HIDING BEHIND CHILDREN?!"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Oh I thought you meant what a rational person would think it was that you meant based on the context of your statement.

They’ve been deployed to support our U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which involves engineers, medical, etc. This is no small task, here’s a list of units being deployed: 

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/11/08/7000-troops-expected-at-border-heres-every-unit-going/

32 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Slorch the reasonable: "We must kill the children to protect ourselves"

Wildcat the coward: "...why do you need protection from children?"

Slorch the reasonable: "WHY ARE YOU HIDING BEHIND CHILDREN?!"

You are so correct. People that will ignore the laws  already exist in our country would never hide behind children to get their way. They’re absolutely reasonable and just really wanna be contributing to our society. Just like they contributed to theirs. 

I’m not the one posting bullshit cartoons, questioning the valor and bravery of our service men and women... but slorch is full of hate. LOFL.

26 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

They’ve been deployed to support our U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which involves engineers, medical, etc. This is no small task, here’s a list of units being deployed: 

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/11/08/7000-troops-expected-at-border-heres-every-unit-going/

right, you mentioned how busy they were going to be after describing the number of people currently in the caravan at the southern tip of Mexico.  the logical interpretation of that statement is that they are going to be busy because a large caravan is going to hit our southern border.  the idea that a large caravan is going to hit our southern border is not a view shared by the armed forces, which is what my statement was.  i'm sure that this training opportunity is a good use of our military and budget.

6 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

right, you mentioned how busy they were going to be after describing the number of people currently in the caravan at the southern tip of Mexico.  the logical interpretation of that statement is that they are going to be busy because a large caravan is going to hit our southern border.  the idea that a large caravan is going to hit our southern border is not a view shared by the armed forces, which is what my statement was.  i'm sure that this training opportunity is a good use of our military and budget.

They are going to be extremely busy aiding the already overwhelmed Border Agenices once this caravan hits our border, to think otherwise is silly. Unless, of course, it magically dissipates, which would be wonderful. 

2 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

They are going to be extremely busy aiding the already overwhelmed Border Agenices once this caravan hits our border, to think otherwise is silly. Unless, of course, it magically dissipates, which would be wonderful. 

It largely dissipating as similar caravans have in the past is precisely what the military thinks is the most likely scenario, which is what I was saying but you seem slow to understand.

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

It largely dissipating as similar caravans have in the past is precisely what the military thinks is the most likely scenario, which is what I was saying but you seem slow to understand.

Largely? There’s still 5 thousand, I suppose we have different definitions of large. 

3 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Largely? There’s still 5 thousand, I suppose we have different definitions of large. 

Again, trouble understanding - the caravan is not currently at or close to our border.  So, the large dissipation before reaching our border that the military expects to happen still has a long time and many miles to occur.

11 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Again, trouble understanding - the caravan is not currently at or close to our border.  So, the large dissipation before reaching our border that the military expects to happen still has a long time and many miles to occur.

No, I understand your position, I just think it’s wise to be prepared for the worst case scenario. Seeing as the border is already overwhelmed, the military is a very welcomed sight. 

Edited by Chrispy
Need lunch

1 hour ago, Chrispy said:

Even if it arrives with that many, that’s less than half the size of the crowd at a Katy football game. It’ll take some time to process that many asylum applications, but that’s pretty fucking far from some enormous horde.

4 hours ago, JustBecause said:

Where are you getting your news?   There are trucks and buses moving just about everyone plus food and water.  This “trip” is certainly NOT organic.  Not even close. 

Good call.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/11/09/migrant-caravan-mexico-president-trump-us-southern-border-immigration-asylum-central-americans/1939241002/

"The migrants, who number between 4,000 and 5,000 and include women and children, will be on foot along a heavily traveled highway after they failed to secure buses from United Nations officials to get them to the U.S. southern border. About 200 marched to a local UN office to demand buses to transport them."

1 hour ago, slorch said:

You are so correct. People that will ignore the laws  already exist in our country would never hide behind children to get their way. They’re absolutely reasonable and just really wanna be contributing to our society. Just like they contributed to theirs. 

I’m not the one posting bullshit cartoons, questioning the valor and bravery of our service men and women... but slorch is full of hate. LOFL.

I don't know anything about you as a person.  But you take a pretty callous and shitty view of your fellow humans.  That's nice and all that you're afforded the opportunity to brag about not using your kids as a shield.  It's very macho of you to take that position.  Most of the world, however, was born into shit and squalor.  And some of those people are seeking a life that doesn't include being killed if they don't join the local gang.  In your super brave point of view, what would you have them do?  Accept the fate of their family being murdered?  Would that be the honorable choice in your estimation? But hey, those poor fucks aren't contributing to their society, so they got that shit coming, am I right?

I am assuming most of us on this thread were born on 3rd base here in America, and some of you assholes seem think you hit a triple.

1 hour ago, Chrispy said:

No, I understand your position, I just think it’s wise to be prepared for the worst case scenario. Seeing as the border is already overwhelmed, the military is a very welcomed sight. 

At their current pace and destination of Tijuana, the majority will arrive in ~95 days.  Even if some break off to Laredo, they're still more than a month away.  Adding to the countless reasons why this is such a stupid move to send the military, the rhetoric has made uneducated Americans even MORE fearful of those of different color/culture/ethnicity.  What a sad thing to walk around in fear of someone different than us.  Don't get things twisted, that is exactly what this is about.  No one wants to admit it, though.  If some gang had taken over Winnepeg and we had 5k Canadians walking to Minnesota, this wouldn't even be a blip on anyone's radar.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Horn21 said:

Good call.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/11/09/migrant-caravan-mexico-president-trump-us-southern-border-immigration-asylum-central-americans/1939241002/

"The migrants, who number between 4,000 and 5,000 and include women and children, will be on foot along a heavily traveled highway after they failed to secure buses from United Nations officials to get them to the U.S. southern border. About 200 marched to a local UN office to demand buses to transport them."

I don't know anything about you as a person.  But you take a pretty callous and shitty view of your fellow humans.  That's nice and all that you're afforded the opportunity to brag about not using your kids as a shield.  It's very macho of you to take that position.  Most of the world, however, was born into shit and squalor.  And some of those people are seeking a life that doesn't include being killed if they don't join the local gang.  In your super brave point of view, what would you have them do?  Accept the fate of their family being murdered?  Would that be the honorable choice in your estimation? But hey, those poor fucks aren't contributing to their society, so they got that shit coming, am I right?

I am assuming most of us on this thread were born on 3rd base here in America, and some of you assholes seem think you hit a triple.

At their current pace and destination of Tijuana, the majority will arrive in ~95 days.  Even if some break off to Laredo, they're still more than a month away.  Adding to the countless reasons why this is such a stupid move to send the military, the rhetoric has made uneducated Americans even MORE fearful of those of different color/culture/ethnicity.  What a sad thing to walk around in fear of someone different than us.  Don't get things twisted, that is exactly what this is about.  No one wants to admit it, though.  If some gang had taken over Winnepeg and we had 5k Canadians walking to Minnesota, this wouldn't even be a blip on anyone's radar.

I disagree, I believe Trump made the prudent decision. I live amongst many ethnicities, so that xenophobic nonsense is a common platitude for the mouth breathers on the left. 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I disagree, I believe Trump made the prudent decision. I live amongst many ethnicities, so that xenophobic nonsense is a common platitude for the mouth breathers on the left. 

Ah, the old "I have black/Mexican friends, so I'm free to spout scare tactics about them" routine.

I'm not on the left, by the way.  But the Republican Party did abandon me and many others with their refusal to stand up against hatred and bigotry.

6 minutes ago, Horn21 said:

Ah, the old "I have black/Mexican friends, so I'm free to spout scare tactics about them" routine.

I'm not on the left, by the way.  But the Republican Party did abandon me and many others with their refusal to stand up against hatred and bigotry.

I didn’t say I had black or Hispanic friends, I said I live amongst them, with zero issues. That’s not the issue at hand, but I understand the need to obfuscate. 

I’m sorry you feel abandoned; Godspeed on your transition to a lefty, you poor thing. 

20 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

They’re in Mexico and have escaped to safety, their credible fear claim is bogus and will be denied, so expedited removal. 

You would have U.S. authorities violate the law in an effort to block access to people who are coming here to engage in an entirely legal process.  That tells me your issues are really about racism and xenophobia, not compliance with the law or security.

23 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

They’re in Mexico and have escaped to safety, their credible fear claim is bogus and will be denied, so expedited removal. 

Perhaps, but it still has to be processed. And if they are in Mexico, there is no removal. There is only removal if they are in the United States. If they are in the United States, they have constitutional rights.

Just now, David Dennison said:

That's not how it works.

Their bogus claims will be denied. 

3 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

You would have U.S. authorities violate the law in an effort to block access to people who are coming here to engage in an entirely legal process.  That tells me your issues are really about racism and xenophobia, not compliance with the law or security.

Denying their claim of credible fear and expediting their removal is not illegal. 

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

That's true.  Wouldn't they have to prove they're in danger in Mexico?  I'm not an immigration attorney but it is a logical valid point. 

Great question, this is actually defined in the 1951 Geneva Convention document on refugees:

1. Under the 1951 Geneva Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, asylum seekers must show that they have a well-founded fear of persecution due to their race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership of a particular social group, and are unable or unwilling to seek protection from the authorities in their own country.

6 hours ago, slorch said:

The men hiding behind the child are quite brave...

Nice shot at our military doing their jobs.  Easy to hate.

#noborders

#nosovereignty

they are following orders from the commander in chief that has them "babysitting" the border.  I agree that their job is to technically follow the order of cheeto in chief and protect our country from enemies but this ain't it fam.  I'm from Laredo and walked across the bridge the last time I came back from Monterrey (less than a month ago).  there is no shortage of CBP officers.  the military can help organize the passage and asylum process, but you're being ignorant if you believe they weren't sent for theatrics.  the correct way to seek asylum is to present yourself at a port of entry (which is what they're doing/going to do) and the process begins.

As to the migrants now being in Mexico and therefore their asylum now being invalid because they are "safe" in Mexico is moot.  The statute allows for a foreign national to present themselves at our border and we ultimately decide if their reasons for seeking asylum in the US have merit.  We have a specific budget for this shit (which by the way this little stunt with sending the military has exceeded or is coming close to that total amount allotted).  We have done this for years but only now in recent years all of a sudden everybody is freaking out.  

6 hours ago, slorch said:

So they’re going to hang out in Mexico until access is granted?

Why is access assumed?

It is not assumed you dipshit, it is requested.  like stated above we have a protocol already set out for this and will handle it accordingly.  There are camps already in place in Laredo (one is on Saunders/Loop 20 if you find a map) where they are taken while this processes.  if you think the CBP are incapable of handling it thats a completely separate issue and is on the gov't. to fix.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I didn’t say I had black or Hispanic friends, I said I live amongst them, with zero issues. That’s not the issue at hand, but I understand the need to obfuscate. 

I’m sorry you feel abandoned; Godspeed on your transition to a lefty, you poor thing. 

You live in the woodlands, or at least your fake persona says you do. You therefore live with a bunch of white ignorant aggy, which explains your mindset. 

Since you’re trolling I know you will never understand or acknowledge this, but opposing trump and his idiocy does not make one a “lefty.”

Has the US army engaged the caravan yet? I bet those soldiers are proud of this bullshit “mission.”

16 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

This is fantastic.  I'm a lefty because I don't blindly follow a political party down a road of lies and bigotry.  There is a reason why the only demographic in which Trump is gaining votes are the uneducated, white males.  He's losing ground with EVERY single demographic who wants to see our country move forward and not backwards.

Godspeed on handing over your brain and your morals to anyone with an R next to his name.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Perhaps, but it still has to be processed. And if they are in Mexico, there is no removal. There is only removal if they are in the United States. If they are in the United States, they have constitutional rights.

Well, no, they don’t. If they’ve been in the United States less than two weeks they are still subject to expedited removal. 

10 minutes ago, Horn21 said:

This is fantastic.  I'm a lefty because I don't blindly follow a political party down a road of lies and bigotry.  There is a reason why the only demographic in which Trump is gaining votes are the uneducated, white males.  He's losing ground with EVERY single demographic who wants to see our country move forward and not backwards.

Godspeed on handing over your brain and your morals to anyone with an R next to his name.

You’re malleable, and that’s ok. Based on your posts, the Republican Party seems better off without you, good riddance. 

8 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Competent counsel, lulz, good luck to them I suppose. 

Actually a lot of "competent" attorneys take these cases pro bono here in South Texas and even throw in law students from the area to assist (we do this here at St. Mary's).  

edit: its funny because I literally picture Chrispy's avatar as looking exactly like the guy everybody is arguing with and what/how he looks in real life.  proceed gentlemen.

Edited by CowboyFred

13 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You live in the woodlands, or at least your fake persona says you do. You therefore live with a bunch of white ignorant aggy, which explains your mindset. 

Since you’re trolling I know you will never understand or acknowledge this, but opposing trump and his idiocy does not make one a “lefty.”

Has the US army engaged the caravan yet? I bet those soldiers are proud of this bullshit “mission.”

The Woodlands is more diverse than it’s given credit for, but I rarely think about it honestly. Your side of the aisle is the one consumed with identity politics, of which Horn21 is participating. I don’t need to know his position on Trump, he used the left’s buzzwords and gave himself away.