Caravan

gsoda3

1 hour ago, Horn21 said:

Interesting take.  Here's how the identity politics is defined in the dictionary...

i·den·ti·ty pol·i·tics
noun
noun: identity politics
  1. a tendency for people of a particular religion, race, social background, etc., to form exclusive political alliances, moving away from traditional broad-based party politics.

I haven't aligned exclusive political movement.  I have, however, pointed out that the only growing segment of Trump supporters are uneducated white men (a particular group as listed above).  Meanwhile, educated white men, educated white women, and all peoples of non-white races/cultures are running away from Trump.  One of these groups of people is growing stronger in its sameness, while the other is not.

So, Mr. Identity Politics, you tell me which group is forming an exclusive political alliance based on identity.

• Haha 1

Why will none of you big strong patriots scared of poor migrants answer my question?

Why aren’t you calling out Trump for forgetting about this dangerous, dangerous caravan that’s right on our doorstep? Full of MS13? And those Middle Eastern people? And scurvy and cholera and stuff?

Why did he stop talking about it?

2 hours ago, Chrispy said:

Yawn, wake me up when the right enforces 100 different gender pronouns or shuts down liberal speakers from universities. The lefts entire value system is based on one’s classification (race, gender, religion, political party, etc.) They seek to erode individuals and rank importance based on the group from which one belongs. You do have the mantra down well though, I must admit. 

That's also the right's entire value system, it's just not as diverse.

4 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

The craziest fucking bullshit of all of this is if the "president" and the rest of his sycophants decided to answer this question, all they have to say is that their "threats" caused the caravan to disband and retreat.  That's it.  No one could or would question it in any meaningful way.  It was pure propaganda, lock, stock, and barrel.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chrispy said:

Yawn, wake me up when the right enforces 100 different gender pronouns or shuts down liberal speakers from universities. The lefts entire value system is based on one’s classification (race, gender, religion, political party, etc.) They seek to erode individuals and rank importance based on the group from which one belongs. You do have the mantra down well though, I must admit. 

Wake me when the rights base is smart enough to understand what identity politics is, you clearly don’t. Sad!

11 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

The craziest fucking bullshit of all of this is if the "president" and the rest of his sycophants decided to answer this question, all they have to say is that their "threats" caused the caravan to disband and retreat.  That's it.  No one could or would question it in any meaningful way.  It was pure propaganda, lock, stock, and barrel.

That require thinking beyond the next tweet or two. 

But yeah, they know how propaganda works.  There’s no need to offer any kind of closure when they are already on the next one (libtards stealing the election in Florida and Arizona).

“Two thousand miles away, at the Pentagon, officials privately derided the deployment as an expensive waste of time and resources, and a morale killer to boot.”

Yeah, but you’re assuming the Pentagon knows better than Chrispy and Trump about how to handle this dangerous caravan. Are you saying that you don’t believe this extremely valuable training session for the troops isn’t worth the potential $200 million price tag? Nice try, lefty.

We should have strong borders.

We should have humane asylum laws.

We should have an efficient process to to allow people from outside this country to come and work here.

We shouldn't separate families and psychologically damage children.

This is not hard. But our politics makes everything hard.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

No, I didn’t enjoy that particular aspect of the policy, but I didn’t ascribe any evil towards it either.

Some issues are easy.   The segregation supporting assholes tried to say that they did not enjoy the particular aspect of poll tax and threats and other suppression to keep the niggers down, but they did not ascribe any particular evil towards it either.  'States rights' and all, bigger picture; ignore the fire hoses and German Shepards.

US law requires that these alien families enter the U.S. before seeking asylum.   Following that law should not result in their kids being torn from them and locked in cages.

That you do not see any evil ascribed to it says a whole hell of a lot about you, and none of it good.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Some issues are easy.   The segregation supporting assholes tried to say that they did not enjoy the particular aspect of poll tax and threats and other suppression to keep the niggers down, but they did not ascribe any particular evil towards it either.  'States rights' and all, bigger picture; ignore the fire hoses and German Shepards.

US law requires that these alien families enter the U.S. before seeking asylum.   Following that law should not result in their kids being torn from them and locked in cages.

That you do not see any evil ascribed to it says a whole hell of a lot about you, and none of it good.

I’m not following your segregation analogy, this is a matter of border protection. I view the undesired outcome of family separation as a simple miscalculation, nothing more. 

• Fuck You 8

1 hour ago, Chrispy said:

I view the undesired outcome of family separation as a simple miscalculation, nothing more. 

I just finished a biography of Justice Edward Douglass White.   Lots of folks back then thought that laws trying to end children's 16 hour days was an impermissible interference with the precious right of  Freedom of Contract - and that the undesired outcome of children being injured and maimed was certainly unfortunate, but nothing more.    

And then they died off.   Large numbers of folk who think a certain way dying off is one of the ways we advance as a nation.  

5 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I just finished a biography of Justice Edward Douglass White.   Lots of folks back then thought that laws trying to end children's 16 hour days was an impermissible interference with the precious right of  Freedom of Contract - and that the undesired outcome of children being injured and maimed was certainly unfortunate, but nothing more.    

And then they died off.   Large numbers of folk who think a certain way dying off is one of the ways we advance as a nation.  

We will continue to detain illegal aliens, that’s our right as a sovereign nation, so I fear you’re going to be sorely disappointed. 

• Fuck You 4

7 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

We will continue to detain illegal aliens, that’s our right as a sovereign nation, so I fear you’re going to be sorely disappointed. 

Asylum seekers who turn themselves in to the nearest Border Patrol agent are not illegal aliens. Stop lying.

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

And, yet, the caravan of asylum seekers is what this thread is all about. Stop lying. 

I thought he was speaking in a general sense of progressing past detention centers, but it’s possible I misunderstood his point. I do, however, believe detaining asylum seekers is a sound policy, but available detention centers remains a major obstacle. 

• Fuck You 1

Why has the Texas legislature never built a wall? Texas has had decades to build a wall, and never did. Why didn't Bush do it???

Hell why didn't Trump do it???

Why???

Because THE REPUBLICANS LET THEM ACROSS. For cheap labor. For development. For the destruction of the middle and lower classes. For political convenience, so they can emotionalize disenfranchised whites, and blame the Democrats.

It's the GOP's fault. It's their hot button issue, they control the borders and they pine for de facto slavery.

Now that the elections are over, they no longer care. This is precise proof that the issue is simply political. 

Fuck the right wing. It's a party of unprincipled insincere trash. They should never be listened to and they should always be disrespected.. They are the party of destruction and disingenuous, to be forever reviled and discredited.

Bush nearly destroyed the world economy, Trump has nearly destroyed democracy itself. 

The GOP is the enemy of America.

• Like 1

Sigh.

Going on three days now and none of the regulars in this thread who have made multiple posts about the immediate threat of the caravan hordes will answer my repeated questions.

Why are you not calling out Trump for abandoning this crisis???

He’s become another lackey for Pelosi and Schumer and the liberals who are letting these murderers and rapists riddled with leprosy and smallpox invade our country.

Trump has become a silent accomplice to this national emergency!

Why are y’all standing by and letting him ignore this??

On 11/9/2018 at 8:37 PM, Bama Chick said:

Why will none of you big strong patriots scared of poor migrants answer my question?

Why aren’t you calling out Trump for forgetting about this dangerous, dangerous caravan that’s right on our doorstep? Full of MS13? And those Middle Eastern people? And scurvy and cholera and stuff?

Why did he stop talking about it?

Don't know or really care.

On 11/10/2018 at 9:15 PM, Bama Chick said:

So none of you nancies afraid of the caravan care that Trump has abandoned the fight?

Why won’t you call him out for being complicit with Pelosi and Schumer?

You're a "bigger" girl, why don't you just go down there and block their path. Problem solved

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

14 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Sigh.

Going on three days now and none of the regulars in this thread who have made multiple posts about the immediate threat of the caravan hordes will answer my repeated questions.

He’s become another lackey for Pelosi and Schumer and the liberals who are letting these murderers and rapists riddled with leprosy and smallpox invade our country.

I don't think I'm the target audience here, but has Trump really given up this as a talking point? I haven't followed much of anything since Friday, so not sure maybe everyone else has had a busy weekend too, but it seems silly of Trump to abandon talking about this if he has. Seems like there could be more political hay to be made that has an expiration date coming up.

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Sigh.

We have a couple of weeks until the horde arrives I believe. But in the meantime, just tweet him your questions, he might just answer.