Caravan

gsoda3

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

OK you're just dumb then.

If Trump vetoed a "FOR OUR TROOPS!" bill passed by Republicans 231-1 in the House (Dems 137-54), they would override that veto in a heartbeat. You grossly misread why GOP reps are loyal to Trump (it's because Trump holds the party line, not just because he commands a base of motivated freaks).

Wrong. /Trumpgif

13 minutes ago, TexLonghorn said:

What?  Google!?  I will use courier like the good-stock people of the Andrew Johnson administration did, thank you.  To the devil with your careless modern shortcuts and lack of American perspective.

lol you are right. American politics of 2018 is in much better shape than it's ever been.

1 hour ago, Chrispy said:

I’ve explained that I would take such a risk if them being deported meant they couldn’t come back illegally, that’s just not the case. I can march around and play hall monitor of the neighborhood, but it would ultimately be a waste of my time. 

Bullshit. 

However grade A trolling Chrispy. Grade fuckin’ A. 

A U.S. National Guard officer stationed in a Texas border town, awaiting the arrival of the migrant caravan, was arrested Monday morning for allegedly sexually assaulting his female colleague, authorities confirmed to The Daily Beast.

So uh..... the guys sent to protect us from the horde of caravan rapists......are rapists?

imgur

we all know it's true, but in case you needed it quantified:

From October 16 to November 6 -- aka Election Day -- President Donald Trump sent 45 tweets mentioning the "border" between the United States and Mexico. Between October 16 and October 31, he sent nine tweets referring to the "caravan" of migrants making their way across Mexico.

Since November 6 -- 8 days and counting -- Trump hasn't mentioned the so-called caravan once in a tweet.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/14/politics/donald-trump-caravan/index.html

Obviously you people have never heard of the "no constitution zone".

https://www.aclu.org/other/constitution-100-mile-border-zone

web18-100miborder-map-2400x1000px-v01.jp

• The Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects Americans from random and arbitrary stops and searches.

• According to the government, however, these basic constitutional principles do not apply fully at our borders. For example, at border crossings (also called "ports of entry"), federal authorities do not need a warrant or even suspicion of wrongdoing to justify conducting what courts have called a "routine search," such as searching luggage or a vehicle.
  • Even in places far removed from the border, deep into the interior of the country, immigration officials enjoy broad—though not limitless—powers. Specifically, federal regulations give U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) authority to operate within 100 miles of any U.S. "external boundary."
  • In this 100-mile zone, Border Patrol agents have certain additional authorities. For instance, Border Patrol can operate immigration checkpoints.
  • Border Patrol, nevertheless, cannot pull anyone over without "reasonable suspicion" of an immigration violation or crime (reasonable suspicion is more than just a "hunch"). Similarly, Border Patrol cannot search vehicles in the 100-mile zone without a warrant or "probable cause" (a reasonable belief, based on the circumstances, that an immigration violation or crime has likely occurred).
  • In practice, Border Patrol agents routinely ignore or misunderstand the limits of their legal authority in the course of individual stops, resulting in violations of the constitutional rights of innocent people. These problems are compounded by inadequate training for Border Patrol agents, a lack of oversight by CBP and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and the consistent failure of CBP to hold agents accountable for abuse. No matter what CBP officers and Border Patrol agents think, our Constitution applies throughout the United States, including within this “100-mile border zone.”

13 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Nothin' much new there. Mexicans have got a whole set of prejudices all their own, depending on where you're from in Mexico or outside of it, and what your "caste" is, for lack of a better word.

[csb]Once had lunch in Monterrey with some admin types there at a school, one lady was a hoot-- every story she told was either how she herself had suffered from prejudice, or else she was cussing some other group of people that she considered inferior. Could drink too. Bet she could pitch a plate. [/csb]

14 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Nothin' much new there. Mexicans have got a whole set of prejudices all their own, depending on where you're from in Mexico or outside of it, and what your "caste" is, for lack of a better word.

[csb]Once had lunch in Monterrey with some admin types there at a school, one lady was a hoot-- every story she told was either how she herself had suffered from prejudice, or else she was cussing some other group of people that she considered inferior. Could drink too. Bet she could pitch a plate. [/csb]

Just giving the update since everyone was wondering what happened to the caravan.  Do with it what you please.

Somewhere in the multiverse there is a universe where parallel Obama is doing all of the things Trump is doing, a universe where parallel Hillary is doing all of the things Trump is doing, etc. I want to see those universes. There is also a universe where a parallel Democrat Trump is the most honorable, trustworthy, and respected war hero/Ph.D./civil rights activist president we've ever had,, and Fox News fucking hates him.

That's impossible.  I was told the caravan was made up for the election to scare people.  Fake News.

Not one person said it was made up, you thick skulled garbage brain.

People said it was

-Something that’s been happening for years and has never resulted in an invasion of our country so no reason to think this year will be any different

-That it was approximately 1,200 miles away at the time Trump was frothing at the mouth about needing to send fucking troops to ward off starving women and children on foot.

-That the participants of the caravan were intending to seek asylum by the rules so the outrage from the pants wetting pussies scared of them is manufactured and/or a facade for not wanting more brown people.

The only thing you sort of got right is that Trump and the Trumpublicans USED the caravan to scare people in hopes of driving up turnout of their base for the midterms.

Hence, calling it The Scareavan.

It’s really impressive how you manage to smash so much wrong and stupid propaganda into a three sentence post.

You know who else is good at that?

Racist nazis.
  • Like 4

Shit, five or so years ago some asshole was coming at me on Facebook talking about trails of discarded Korans in the north Mexican desert and how the cartels were abetting ISIS to infiltrate Eagle Pass. Lions and lambs, bodies in trees, etc...Didn't happen then. And it won't happen now. Just chill on this shit and enjoy your next labor-subsidized meal or house or road. 

Such liberal playbook nonsense.  Opposing people to your views are immediately labeled racist nazis.  So funny.  You can set a watch to it.  

My god, you’re easier than a two dollar hooker.

PRO TIP - Everyone is going to jab at you about being a racist nazi every time you post since you have a skirt over your head meltdown about it without fail.

I figured you might have caught on by now.

You really are kind of dumb.

You know who else is dumb?

Racist nazis.

And I notice you didn’t address the substance of my post - just clutched at your bosom about reading the words “racist nazis”. Not being called one, mind you, just reading the words.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Sometimes you just have to make a statement. I think that’s what the troops and all the hoopla and attention and fretting the caravan was getting. Yes we get it they do it every year. They probably do it every year because they get away with it and nobody makes a big deal of it because there are bigger fish to fry.

Maybe next year they will think twice and will head down to Brazil or something instead, because enough is enough.

It costs real money and it's pissing in the wind. 

4 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I wish there was solid business behind the actions instead of just wasteful political haymaking, but hopefully something can be gained from the waste. Some troops got trained, some illegals think twice next year, etc

Hillary Clinton's e-mail server was really the absolute best compliance training demonstration in decades

• Like 1

Global warming, poverty, famine, druglords etc = waves of instability, sending asylum seeking refugees our way. 

They will keep coming. Troops are an apocalyptical solution. 

They were used for show, domestically. Otherwise they are logistically stupid, even cruel and asylum seekers are not glued to American cable television to be re-steered to fucking Brazil.

Really want to stop this?

Don't vote for an authoritarian nationalist who balks at climate change realities because his brown shirted thugs were reared by Exxon & Fox, raised by Jesus & Creationism and roused by hate radio and the NRA.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Not one person said it was made up, you thick skulled garbage brain.

People said it was

-Something that’s been happening for years and has never resulted in an invasion of our country so no reason to think this year will be any different

-That it was approximately 1,200 miles away at the time Trump was frothing at the mouth about needing to send fucking troops to ward off starving women and children on foot.

-That the participants of the caravan were intending to seek asylum by the rules so the outrage from the pants wetting pussies scared of them is manufactured and/or a facade for not wanting more brown people.

The only thing you sort of got right is that Trump and the Trumpublicans USED the caravan to scare people in hopes of driving up turnout of their base for the midterms.

Hence, calling it The Scareavan.

It’s really impressive how you manage to smash so much wrong and stupid propaganda into a three sentence post.

You know who else is good at that?

Racist nazis.

Rabble rabble rabble. Foam. Lmao. Double down

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spent some time watching Fox News this evening.  There was never a mention of Trump smearing orange feces on the impeccable reputation of a former Navy Admiral, but the caravan dominated the coverage.  I instantly became less informed but gained a new fear and distrust of brown people.  I have fashioned a rather uncomfortable suit out of concertina wire and will be shooting in random directions until I get an eagle tattoo on my neck and have grown an acceptable chin strap beard.  

• Like 1

Just now, Chooky said:

Spent some time watching Fox News this evening.  There was never a mention of Trump smearing orange feces on the impeccable reputation of a former Navy Admiral, but the caravan dominated the coverage.  I instantly became less informed but gained a new fear and distrust of brown people.  I have fashioned a rather uncomfortable suit out of concertina wire and will be shooting in random directions until I get an eagle tattoo on my neck and have grown an acceptable chin strap beard.  

Did they talk about emails?

Honestly, this has to be one of the more effective post-WWII military actions. Home by Christmas, minimal casualties, didn't blow up any brown people, didn't destabilize a region and create a generation of militants bent on our destruction...

Compared to recent decades, Trump looks like a military genius to me.

I'm hoping it gets named Operation Cola Moviendo al Perro 

lol If you think my “anger” at you is repressed, you’re not just dumb you also have abominable people skills.

And it’s not anger. It’s total disdain and annoyance with not a small amount of pity for any woman who has had the misfortune of being within your incel radius.

You know who else annoys me?

Racist nazis.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

lol If you think my “anger” at you is repressed, you’re not just dumb you also have abominable people skills.

And it’s not anger. It’s total disdain and annoyance with not a small amount of pity for any woman who has had the misfortune of being within your incel radius.

You know who else annoys me?

Racist nazis.

Then maybe stop supporting them. 

Meanwhile on the Department of Homeland Security front, I got this in my spam inbox this morning:

I,m Kirstjen Nielsen. The secretary of the U.S Department of Homeland security Washington DC. Office Address: 3801 Nebraska Ave NW, Washington, DC 20016, United States. We received a report from ECOWAS that you have an abandoned fund worth $5 Million in West Africa. I have instructed ECOWAS and the concerned authorities to bring the consignment box to our Head office in Washington DC. the fund will arrive my office today. I want you to kindly Reconfirm Your Full Name, Current Home Address, Nearest Airport and your Direct Cell Phone # So that arrangement can be made for the delivery of the consignment to your home address. I can be reached at +1(202)996-9817 text or Voice Message if i am unavailable to answer.

I wait to hear from you.

Kirstjen Nielsen
The secretary of
the U.S Department of
Homeland security
Washington DC
Office Address:
3801 Nebraska Ave NW,
Washington, DC 20016,
United States.

Sometimes you just have to make a statement. I think that’s what the troops and all the hoopla and attention and fretting the caravan was getting. Yes we get it they do it every year. They probably do it every year because they get away with it and nobody makes a big deal of it because there are bigger fish to fry.
Maybe next year they will think twice and will head down to Brazil or something instead, because enough is enough.
I wish there was solid business behind the actions instead of just wasteful political haymaking, but hopefully something can be gained from the waste. Some troops got trained, some illegals think twice next year, etc
Yes, now maybe next time these people will think twice about following the legal process outlined in United States law per the international treaties and agreements to which the USA is a signatory.

Great take.
  • Like 6