MLS 2019 Thread

alincoln

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Fox Deportes reporting Edinson Cavani is going to Inter Miami when his contract is up at PSG next summer. I'm skeptical.

Looking at his Wiki, he’ll be 33. I was thinking that “for a tall striker, that 33 is a little young to be leaving Europe “, but then I see that he’s only 6 feet tall and realize that that’s not very tall. 

Everyone he plays against must be adding 3 inches to their Wiki height, because Cavani always seems to tower over people on the field. 

Coming on a free transfer will allow Miami to add the transfer fee to his salary and he will return to Latin America and have several flights a week down to Montevideo.  (Also, World Cup Qualifiers will no be a direct flight down for training and back up following the 2nd match, no matter where he plays the 2nd match. 

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Orlando’s attendance is embarrassing.

entertaining game.  too bad nobody saw it.

this Portland/Seattle match is tough to watch.  best rivalry in MLS, but damn.  Portland is wearing their home all green uniforms.  Seattle is also wearing their home uniforms, which is the lime green shirt with blue shorts.  all on green turf.

MLS needs to stop pretending Atlanta-Orlando is a rivalry. It isn't. Orlando isn't in their class. Despite being each team's closest geographical rival (until Miami and Nashville come along) it's so forced. Atlanta's biggest rival is the Red Bulls. The Red Bulls also have two other rivals so they'll never play during rivalry week, but Atlanta and Orlando have played exactly one game with any kind of stakes and it was a US Open Cup semifinal. 

FC Dallas putting the spanking on Houston. Pomykal came in off the bench but he looks so good on the ball. A couple of gorgeous crosses. He better be in the starting 11 for the U.S. in 2022. 

El Trafico is next.  I can’t wait for this. Zlatan v. Vela.  I bet this gets chippy. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 9:10 PM, Zepol87 said:

FC Dallas needs 3 tonight after our fuck up last week

1 point was better than nothing, I guess.  definitely need some help, like San Jose losing to Atlanta today.  that's off to a good start.  Atlanta up 1-0 after 5 minutes.

Edited by Jive Turkey