Buttigieg 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

We need to stop talking about Israel like it's unique and special among allies. That doesn't help anyone, and all it does is further the idea that they should be an imperialist power in the region.

We should help them ensure that they are safe within their territory as outlined in international law, just as we should with all other nations. Their religious "importance" is immaterial. They shouldn't get special considerations regarding their apartheid oppression of Palestinians because of the Holocaust. We cannot be pro-ethnostate.

Also, I don't see how a two-state solution can exist. It seems increasingly impossible.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, F250 said:

Buttigieg is the dark horse stalking Biden. Imagine a situation where Biden's stock falls and Warren/Sanders split the Progressive vote. Would either Bernie or Elizabeth drop out to torpedo the centrist candidate?

Yeah, Mayo Pete is clearly an astro-turfed stand-in for Biden in the event that Biden can't sustain his campaign/succumbs to his cottage cheese brain condition.

Edited by Fozzz

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Biden: Most

Sanders: Less than that

Warren: Less than that

Buttigieg: LOL

#science

pos rep for italics.

i'm not going to pretend that i know what is important to black voters.  i'm also not going to pretend they are one universal vote that all sticks together.  that said, i think putting too much stock into these polls this early is a little silly.  if warren wins the nomination, are we really supposed to think black voters are going to say fuck it, and either vote for trump or stay home?  i seriously doubt it.

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Are black people the base of the democratic party?

Black people, and especially black WOMEN, are the most loyal constituency of the Democratic party.  They basically single handedly won Doug Jones a Senate race in Alabama.  Stop taking them for granite.  

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

pos rep for italics.

i'm not going to pretend that i know what is important to black voters.  i'm also not going to pretend they are one universal vote that all sticks together.  that said, i think putting too much stock into these polls this early is a little silly.  if warren wins the nomination, are we really supposed to think black voters are going to say fuck it, and either vote for trump or stay home?  i seriously doubt it.

Black voter turnout fell from 66.6% (creepy) in 2012 to 59.6% in 2016.  That was more than enough to swing enough votes in Philadelphia, Detroit and Milwaukee.  Can't blame all of it on voter suppression either.  Some of those people opted to say "fuck it" 

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

if warren wins the nomination, are we really supposed to think black voters are going to say fuck it, and either vote for trump or stay home?

Yes. Black turnout for Hillary in '16 was lower than it was for Kerry '04.

The first decline in black voter turnout since Clinton '96.

Buttigieg '20 would be two in a row.

[edit]

Damn you Js1!!!!!!!!!

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yes. Black turnout for Hillary in '16 was lower than it was for Kerry '04.

The first decline in black voter turnout since Clinton '96.

Buttigieg '20 would be two in a row.

[edit]

Damn you Js1!!!!!!!!!

yeah, but i don't really see any of the top tier - biden, bernie, warren - getting that type of negative backlash.  people fucking hated hillary, and not just black people.

For shits and gigs.

Non-white Democratic voters favorable/unfavorable (most recent CNN poll) 
Biden - 75-19
Bernie - 78-18
Warren - 63-15
Pete - 35-12

At the beginning of 2016, Hillary was 82-12 with black voters in terms of favorability.  So no, black people did not "hate" Hillary.  

Just now, bad_teammate said:

He's already at 12% unfavorable and 30+ behind in favorable. Are we imagining that basically 100% of all future blacks who find out about Pete will have a favorable view? Pete would have to go up 42 points in favorable and only 6 up in unfavorable to match Bernie.

are we imagining that all of those numbers are 100% static?

is pete's message only aimed at the black people that don't know him yet, or black people in general?

It's funny that everyone on Twitter that's so politically involved are like "WHY HASN'T BUTTIGIEG FIGURED X OUT YET?".  The dude is a top 4 candidate in November with a real chance (at least right now) of winning Iowa. The fact that we can say that is almost a political miracle.  He had what, maybe 1% name recognition 8 months ago?

A mayor from Indiana is struggling with the black vote right now? Who would have thought? What are Booker and Kamala's excuses?

Pete won't win the nomination without POC support. He knows it, he's working on it, we'll see what happens. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

are we imagining that all of those numbers are 100% static?

Nope, but when 12% of blacks are already unfavorable towards a Democrat that only 47% have an opinion of, it doesn't inspire confidence.

41 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

is pete's message only aimed at the black people that don't know him yet, or black people in general?

No idea. Doesn't seem like either.