What are your favorite movie quotes?

XYZ

Nuremberg:

''They stand before the record of this trial as bloodstained Gloucester stood by the body of his slain king. He begged the widow, as they beg of you, 'Say I slew them not.' And the queen replied: 'Then say they are not slain. But dead they are.' ''

• 2 weeks later...

Commented in the 'movie you just watched' thread that Hugo (directed by Martin Scorsese) aired recently. As much as I love the clockworks and imagery used throughout, this quote hits me every time:

Maybe that's why a broken machine always makes me a little sad, because it isn't able to do what it was meant to do... Maybe it's the same with people. If you lose your purpose... it's like you're broken...

...I'd imagine the whole world was one big machine. Machines never come with any extra parts, you know. They always come with the exact amount they need. So I figured, if the entire world was one big machine, I couldn't be an extra part. I had to be here for some reason. And that means you have to be here for some reason, too.

Also, two quotes among many many that he repeats, from my husband's favorite movie:

No, I don't feel lucky to be alive! I feel lucky I'm not dead. There's a difference.

------

Everybody cheats. I just didn't know.

Well, now you know.

-------

And a few more favorites from miscellaneous movies and that I haven't already quoted in other threads:

You are probably going to be a very successful computer person. But you're going to go through life thinking that girls don't like you because you're a nerd. And I want you to know, from the bottom of my heart, that that won't be true. It'll be because you're an asshole.

------

Sorry! My Prada's at the cleaners! Along with my hoodie and my 'fuck you' flip-flops, you pretentious douchebag!

------

You better lawyer up asshole, because I'm not coming back for 30%, I'm coming back for EVERYTHING.

-------

How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?

I don't know, but some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?!

------

Yo, fucknuts! It's probin' time!

------

My weakness. Small knives. Anything but knives!

------

You Brits really don't have a sense of humor do you?

We do if something's funny, sir.

-------

Sex and alcohol. Fuels the desire, kills the performance; according to the Bard.

-------

She tried to sit on my lap while I was standing up.

------

You've forgotten one thing-me.

What's wrong with you?

Nothing you can't fix.

• 1 year later...

"whoever told you that you could work with men? you wanna learn the first rule?  you'd know it if you ever spent a day in your life.  you never open your mouth until you know what the shot is.  you fucking child." 

-David Mamet by way of Al Pacino

I admit to stealing it a few times to deliver to people under me who've fucked up.  But that scene...it just gleams with darkness.   

Edited by YGIFS
  • Like 1