Jump to content
Captain Ron

Amazing Soccer Goals, Saves and Blunders

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

When I watched it the first time on my phone, I thought the Eriksen shot dipped and went in the corner.  After the replay, what the hell was Caballero doing?

To be fair, it was a knuckleball, but damn he should have stopped that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

To be fair, it was a knuckleball, but damn he should have stopped that.

If he just got confused/slipped and the ball went in, well okay it was a very well hit strike that crossed him up.  He looked like a tired 3 yo that just says fuck it and sits down in the middle of a grocery store aisle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for reviving this thread, Ron.

It didn't take long for King Zlatan to make his mark.  Some of the goals that man has netted over the years ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Thanks for reviving this thread, Ron.

It didn't take long for King Zlatan to make his mark.  Some of the goals that man has netted over the years ...

None will be better than this (IMHO):

 

ZlatanIbrahimovic_BicycleKick_original.g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

If he just got confused/slipped and the ball went in, well okay it was a very well hit strike that crossed him up.  He looked like a tired 3 yo that just says fuck it and sits down in the middle of a grocery store aisle.

Cheese is right, it's a sick knuckleball.  Watch it again:

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/nwagbx

Specifically the ground level tight shot from behind Eriksen (0:19 in this video). When he first strikes it the ball immediately has movement to the left. But then it fades right only to come back to the left at its highest point. Along with that, the ball dips something fierce. When it comes off the foot, it looks like it will be 20 rows up into the stands, but it comes down like an anvil, not even having downward movement until it cross into the 6 yard box (watch the live view to see this).

Caballero COULD have saved that shot, given where it ended up, but frankly the shot twisted him into a pretzel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Point conceded from the bigger replays.  From the second replay, you can see Caballero shift his weight right before shifting left and then his brainstem temporarily ceases function.  I knew the dip was there, just couldn't see the side to side.  My bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I generally hate Cristiano Ronaldo.  But that was fucking beautiful.
Yes. The beautiful game. I imagined Pele doing the bicycle over and over again in Victory. Will be a signature goal for his career highlights. Amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
absolutely froze gigi
I think Buffon knew he had no chance so was like "meh" (but in Italian)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buffon had just made a really good save seconds before. Juve's D is just not the same at all without Bonucci.

 

Still though, Ronaldinho's toe-poke against Chelsea was otherworldly. I don't think I will ever have as much fun watching a player as I did watching Ronaldinho those two seasons at Barcelona when he was just otherworldly.

 

Edited by Biscuits And Groovy
I'm shit at embedding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biscuits And Groovy said:

Still though, Ronaldinho's toe-poke against Chelsea was otherworldly. I don't think I will ever have as much fun watching a player as I did watching Ronaldinho those two seasons at Barcelona when he was just otherworldly.

he had a VY "it don't make a shit" confidence about him during that era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hornimal said:

he had a VY "it don't make a shit" confidence about him during that era.

Just an absolute joy to watch. Ronaldinho should be listed as a definition of "flair" in the dictionary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biscuits And Groovy said:

Just an absolute joy to watch. Ronaldinho should be listed as a definition of "flair" in the dictionary. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love it when players forget that you can't be offside from a throw or goal kick. Ederson had this amazing assist for Benfica from a goal kick last season and has come really close to getting an assist for City a few times this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2018 at 10:17 PM, TexArcher said:

I generally hate Cristiano Ronaldo.  But that was fucking beautiful.

I'm with you, but damn if he isn't fun to watch. It's just amazing that we have the opportunity to watch both he and Messi. What kills me about Ronaldo is that he makes the difficult look so damned easy. Messi is just unreal, and he does look like he is working hard for a lot of his goal, but Ronaldo just puts himself in such amazing positions to score difficult goals, but because of how he prepares himself, it looks easy. He just drifted into position so that cross was perfectly there for him, great cross too.

If that makes any sense.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2018 at 2:53 PM, PittsburghTiger said:

I'm with you, but damn if he isn't fun to watch. It's just amazing that we have the opportunity to watch both he and Messi. What kills me about Ronaldo is that he makes the difficult look so damned easy. Messi is just unreal, and he does look like he is working hard for a lot of his goal, but Ronaldo just puts himself in such amazing positions to score difficult goals, but because of how he prepares himself, it looks easy. He just drifted into position so that cross was perfectly there for him, great cross too.

If that makes any sense.

Perhaps you should watch the goal again. 

Unlike most bicycle kick goals, Ronaldo was NOT standing still, waiting for the ball to get to him. The ball was actually crossed much farther out that Ronaldo was positioned and unlike nearly every famous bicycle kick (except for Zlatan's), Ronaldo had to quickly rush away from the goal just to catch up to the cross in order the sky in the air and then send it back toward the goal.

Ronaldo was most certainly NOT in a position where the cross was "perfectly there for him", he had made sure that he was onside, yes, but he had to quickly move his ass to get to the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Perhaps you should watch the goal again. 

Unlike most bicycle kick goals, Ronaldo was NOT standing still, waiting for the ball to get to him. The ball was actually crossed much farther out that Ronaldo was positioned and unlike nearly every famous bicycle kick (except for Zlatan's), Ronaldo had to quickly rush away from the goal just to catch up to the cross in order the sky in the air and then send it back toward the goal.

Ronaldo was most certainly NOT in a position where the cross was "perfectly there for him", he had made sure that he was onside, yes, but he had to quickly move his ass to get to the ball.

Yeah, I watched it plenty. I know he wasn't standing still. I know he had to get into an onside position. I know he got to the open space where the ball was crossed.

He took four, or five strides/steps from where he put himself onside. He didn't have to sprint from the end line to get to the ball. On a field that size I would say that four or five strides is pretty much in position. By no means was I denigrating Ronaldo's effort, or execution. I'm not sure how you got that from what I wrote. I stated that, in my eyes, what makes him so amazing is that he makes the difficult look so easy. That's a different way of saying that the goal was not easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2018 at 12:40 PM, kopp0e said:

She has the fury of 1000 burning Lobo pups... Maybe she is anti-Mormon...

That girl should be suspended by her own coach. If not the coach, the AD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That girl should be suspended by her own coach. If not the coach, the AD.

This was broadcast during the days of the old MTN (Mountain West Sports Network)... So she probably has a mini van with kids by now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

This was broadcast during the days of the old MTN (Mountain West Sports Network)... So she probably has a mini van with kids by now...

I'm almost 100 percent certain this was from 2009 so you're probably right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...