2019 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

Man I had Brees and Desean go down this week and lost my game by 20 points :( back to the drawing board... Gonna go for Josh Allen and Case Keenum as a QB filler.

If josh Allen is going to keep running 8-12 times a game, and they keep running him inside the 10 yardline, he should be owned everywhere. He already has 17 carries and 2 rushing tds. 

10 hours ago, Iceman said:

Offering Sammy Watkins for Zach Ertz.

I have no TEs and beaucoup depth at RB and WR.

I would turn this down immediately. It’s week two and draft position /name still weigh heavily on the mind. 

A top 2/3 TE overall at his position vs a guy who may or may not have been drafted in the first 8 rounds. There is no guarantee that Sammy holds on to the number one spot in week 3 or when Hill is back. He is a known. 

Just as Ertz is a proven TOP commodity at his position. Two weeks worth of stats won’t change that. 

I guarantee he makes the deal if you are offering Michael Thomas for Ertz even though Sammy may be the better move. The name makes a difference. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

Draft position doesn’t mean shit. That’s why  The same people lose  year after year. 

They cannot adjust their mind to what’s actually happening on the field. They are stuck in August.

Watkins is a WR1 and is rated in the top 15 on many, many boards. He is in a prime offense and will be there for at least six more weeks, and that’s ignoring the fact that he was kicking ass before Tyreek Hill was injured. Granted, he has an injury history, so there is risk and has their abilit Watkins is a wide receiver one and is rated in the top 15 on Manny Manny boards. He is in a prime offense and will be there for at least six more weeks, and that’s ignoring the fact that he was kicking ass before Tyreek Hill was injured. Granted, he has an injury history, so there is risk in his durability.  The same goes for  Ertz.

Hey I can’t craft everybody’s roster, but the dude needs wide receiver and running backs, as in he has total shit for starters. You can keep shooting down trade offers that your team is never going to improve either.

lolz at Michael Thomas for Ertz.  Of course he would take that.  It’s not a sellers market right now, and his situation 

Edited by Iceman

22 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Draft position doesn’t mean shit. That’s why  The same people lose  year after year. 

They cannot adjust their mind to what’s actually happening on the field. They are stuck in August.

Watkins is a WR1 and is rated in the top 15 on many, many boards. He is in a prime offense and will be there for at least six more weeks, and that’s ignoring the fact that he was kicking ass before Tyreek Hill was injured. Granted, he has an injury history, so there is risk and has their abilit Watkins is a wide receiver one and is rated in the top 15 on Manny Manny boards. He is in a prime offense and will be there for at least six more weeks, and that’s ignoring the fact that he was kicking ass before Tyreek Hill was injured. Granted, he has an injury history, so there is risk in his durability.  The same goes for  Ertz.

Hey I can’t craft everybody’s roster, but the dude needs wide receiver and running backs, as in he has total shit for starters. You can keep shooting down trade offers that your team is never going to improve either.

lolz at Michael Thomas for Ertz.  Of course he would take that.  It’s not a sellers market right now, and his situation 

Fact remains Sammy is a WR2 with one upside for the time being. Ertz is a top 3 TE. 

I’d try for a better WR with Ertz as bait before I roll the dice on an inconsistent WR1 in Watkins. 

Is Sammy all that more valuable than Emanuel Sanders?  Tyler Boyd? Etc?  WR are in abundance and he SHOULD be able to do better than Sammy Watkins straight up. 

He needs an RB too, so throw one in. You are asking for the better player and trying to sell high on what is basically a waiver pickup (Hill getting hurt elevating Watkins)

for fuck sake, he didn’t break double digits week two and was doubled up by a rookie and journeyman (Hardeman and Robinson) in his first week as the WR1

Edited by ChickenSandwich

Lolz at the notion of sweetening the pot even more on what is by all accounts( except yours) a very even trade.

Meh.  Fuck it.  He can sit there an rot with his shitass roster and cling to his TE.

I’ll stream the mofos  at TE until I find someone.

Edited by Iceman

Need one TE and one Flex (.5 ppr):

• M Andrews (@ KC)
  • D Waller (@ MIN)
  • Gordon (vs NYJ)
  • Sutton (@ GB)
  • D Montgomery (@ WAS)
  • P Lindsey (@ GB)
  • T McLaurin (vs CHI)

Leaning Andrews in a shootout and Montgomery after his big workload (18 carries) last week.  Could switch from Montgomery to McLaurin on Monday if I need to roll the dice for big points?

10 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Lolz at the notion of sweetening the pot even more on what is by all accounts( except yours) a very even trade.

Meh.  Fuck it.  He can sit there an rot with his shitass roster and cling to his TE.

I’ll stream the mofos  at TE until I find someone.

And lol for you putting that much value in Sammy fucking Watkins. 

Honest question, if you have Watkins, Robinson and Hardeman for the Chiefs this week you start Watkins 100%??  I’d say it’s a coin flip and that is the whole point. (I have Hardeman and Robinson and will wait to see how that shakes out). Watkins is not a true WR1. Ertz is a true TE1. 

8 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Need one TE and one Flex (.5 ppr):

• M Andrews (@ KC)
  • D Waller (@ MIN)
  • Gordon (vs NYJ)
  • Sutton (@ GB)
  • D Montgomery (@ WAS)
  • P Lindsey (@ GB)
  • T McLaurin (vs CHI)

Leaning Andrews in a shootout and Montgomery after his big workload (18 carries) last week.  Could switch from Montgomery to McLaurin on Monday if I need to roll the dice for big points?

Andrews and McLaurin

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

And lol for you putting that much value in Sammy fucking Watkins. 

Honest question, if you have Watkins, Robinson and Hardeman for the Chiefs this week you start Watkins 100%??  I’d say it’s a coin flip and that is the whole point. (I have Hardeman and Robinson and will wait to see how that shakes out). Watkins is not a true WR1. Ertz is a true TE1. 

The boards are valuing him at a WR1. I’m not trying to sell it.

Ertz is a TE1, but his is not Kelce. Let’s be real here.

He needs help. I made a legit offer. Also,  Stop barking about wanting to make a trade if you’re not going to counter.

1 hour ago, Redneck Mutha said:

If you're in need of defense and Tenn is available (45% owned), their schedule sets up very nicely the next few weeks:

• Jax
  • Atl
  • Buf
  • Den
  • LAC
  • TB
  • Car

It's early, but 6 of those 7 are in the bottom 10 for giving up defensive points.  

Good call. Another d to look at, at least for this week, is SF. Their d has been playing well as it is, and now they’re playing at home against Mason Rudolph making his first nfl start. James Connor is banged up. Even if Pitt puts up more points than I expect, there’s a lot of pick 6, strip sack fumble potential in this game.

A little QB help.  I have Cam and drafted Kyler late.  I don't think I'm ready to dump Cam yet, unless his injury is more serious than they are letting on.  I decided to go skill position on waivers instead of going after Josh Allen, so the only QB I would really consider picking up is Jimmy G.  Do I just roll with Kyler at this point?

18 minutes ago, Stuck in CO said:

A little QB help.  I have Cam and drafted Kyler late.  I don't think I'm ready to dump Cam yet, unless his injury is more serious than they are letting on.  I decided to go skill position on waivers instead of going after Josh Allen, so the only QB I would really consider picking up is Jimmy G.  Do I just roll with Kyler at this point?

I do like Jimmy G this week, but you can’t drop Kyler yet, IMO. Just stick with Kyler for now.

18 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Is there any reason to keep Marvin Jones Jr on my roster?

I was pretty high on Marvin Jones coming into the season. Thought he might be able to get back to what he did two years ago. I’m holding him, but you can definitely drop him if the right player is out there to make the swap.

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Like Terry for the rest of the season but not this week. Bears defense is the best in the league. 

That's why I didn't pick him in my advice above.  Damned good player on the come, but very tough matchup this week.

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

I picked up Will Dissly (Seahawks) as a flyer in one of my leagues.

Yeah somebody in our league preemptively picked him up on waivers( and now has 3 TEs...)

I actually enjoy that aspect of the gamesmanship, but they took up a roster spot that they could take a flyer on some of these young RBs and WRs...   It's all part of the mix.   I just started laughing when I saw the waivers yesterday morning, " 3 TEs, eh?  Nice.  very Nice.  But it might end up costin ya..."

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

Yeah somebody in our league preemptively picked him up on waivers( and now has 3 TEs...)

I actually enjoy that aspect of the gamesmanship, but they took up a roster spot that they could take a flyer on some of these young RBs and WRs...   It's all part of the mix.   I just started laughing when I saw the waivers yesterday morning, " 3 TEs, eh?  Nice.  very Nice.  But it might end up costin ya..."

Trust in Jimbo.

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

Can you trade a bench WR/RB for one of his two backup tight ends?

I could...and I have made offers, as described above in the thread.

People running WAlMart talent out there but want Neiman-Marcus players back for them.

Ended up picking up Demetrius Harris right when NJoku’s injury was confirmed. I also have Trey Burton, but he’s struggling through a groin injury.

If either one of those plays out at all, I will have preserved my depth at other positions without helping anyone else improve theirs. I have 4 players in the RB Top 25 and 4 players in WR Top 25 in a 12 team league. LJack at QB and Pats DST.  I stream at Kicker.

On 9/17/2019 at 7:57 PM, Iceman said:

Agreed it's not personal, but this guy in particular has been barking about making trades and that he needs players, which he does...

Well, you don't get keep all of your equity and just upgrade off other people's rosters. Bill O'Brien ain't in our fucking league.

He has Greg Olsen who is serviceable at TE.  He could leverage his "elite" TE to get some dependable scoring at WR, which he needs desperately( Olsen is better than his WRs)

I looked on 5-6 sites and a couple different trade evaluators and they rated it even to slightly better for him to get Watkins.  I can't MAKE him improve his roster.

Holy shit I would have jumped on Watkins for Ertz 

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Holy shit I would have jumped on Watkins for Ertz 

I think I would’ve too. Now that the eagles are dealing with injuries, ertz is a top tier TE. I was afraid of him before the season because I kept hearing about the all the new weapons philly has, and I thought they would spread the ball around more than I’d want if I’m drafting a TE in the 3rd rd. With all the injuries, they kinda have to now 

31 minutes ago, HiggyBaby said:

Flex one of these mofo’s, standard non-PPR league:

Mark Andrews @ KC

Allen Robinson @ WAS

John Brown vs CIN

I’m leaning heavy to Andrews based on his performance so far and that it should be a shootout in KC. Robinson seems due but the Chicago offense is hapless these days .

I agree Andrews is the safe bet.

• Like 1