2019 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

I'm off to a good start (3-1) but nervous about my RB's. Ekeler and Gallman could turn into pumpkins any week now. I'm also nervous about Gurley and wondering if I should try to sell.  Thinking about trying to make a trade with the Barkley owner. He owns Barkley and Gordon, I own Gallman and Ekeler. He's 1-3 and hopefully more desperate. I also included our WR's but my WR depth isn't great. What do you guys think about these trade ideas?

Would you trade Gurley for Melvin Gordon straight up?

Gallman for Ronald Jones?

Gurley and Gallman for Gordon and Jones?

My RB's: Gurley, Damien Williams, Ekeler, Gallman, Breida

My WR's: Evans, Lockett, Fitz, C. Samuel

His RB's: Barkley, Gordon, R. Jones, Burkehead

His WR's: Kupp, M. Williams, G. Allison, G. Tate

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

.5 PPR pick a shitty WR

D.Robinson (KC) vs Indy

E Sanders @ LA Chargers

D Pettis vs Cleveland 

Sanders and it isn’t even close. He isn’t shitty. He’s the 13th ranked wr on the season in .5 ppr. He’s had 3 good games. He might get stuck with Casey Hayward all night but I doubt he travels with him. Lock that in and don’t overthink it 

And because I’m saying this, he’ll probably get concussed on the first drive and give you a goose egg. Because that’s the type of shit that happens when I give advice in this thread

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

Sanders and it isn’t even close. He isn’t shitty. He’s the 13th ranked wr on the season in .5 ppr. He’s had 3 good games. He might get stuck with Casey Hayward all night but I doubt he travels with him. Lock that in and don’t overthink it 

And because I’m saying this, he’ll probably get concussed on the first drive and give you a goose egg. Because that’s the type of shit that happens when I give advice in this thread
User name checks out.

Im rolling the dice with Howard over Michel so when Sony goes for 30+, think of me

Goff @ Seattle tonight 

or 

winston @ NO

Ive had these two on my team all year, and I’m pretty sure I’ve picked wrong every single week. Goff just looks like shit now that Gurley doesn’t have the same role he had before (he isn’t even throwing to Gurley, which was a staple of their offense). And Winston is Winston. One of the most unpredictable fantasy players i can remember. He can have a good matchup on paper and goose you, or he can have a bad matchup on paper and put up 30+ like he did last week. I’m leaning Winston because road Goff is usually bad, but what do you guys think?

Edited by youdunnf'dup

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Goff @ Seattle tonight 

or 

winston @ NO

Ive had these two on my team all year, and I’m pretty sure I’ve picked wrong every single week. Goff just looks like shit now that Gurley doesn’t have the same role he had before (he isn’t even throwing to Gurley, which was a staple of their offense). And Winston is Winston. One of the most unpredictable fantasy players i can remember. He can have a good matchup on paper and goose you, or he can have a bad matchup on paper and put up 30+ like he did last week. I’m leaning Winston because road Goff is usually bad, but what do you guys think?

Winston 

So Wilson dropping 40 on me last night has me overthinking.

Dak or Rodgers? They play each other in Dallas. I'm leaning Dak for that reason, but Aaron usually torches the boys.

Along the same lines, do you start Aaron Jones vs the cowboys? The basically neutralized Kamara last week, so I could go with McCoy vs Indy or Gore @Tenn and then use Jarvis (if he clears concussion) at my flex. I currently have Jones and McCoy slotted in now.

Am I overthinking all this?

I like this time of the year when people start losing patience and start dropping underperformers.  I have had total shit at TE and dude drops OJ Howard, as TB's offense is obviously on the come...

What do I have to lose in picking up Howard on waivers last night?

I also have Hunter Henry and Chris Herndon stashed.  I have depth at RB/ WR, so i could afford it, with regard to roster equity.  I'm gonna love it if ONE of these guys ends up being reliable...and if they don't, I started with shit anyhoo...

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

I like this time of the year when people start losing patience and start dropping underperformers.  I have had total shit at TE and dude drops OJ Howard, as TB's offense is obviously on the come...

I also have Hunter Henry and Chris Herndon stashed.  I have depth at RB/ WR, so i could afford it, with regard to roster equity.  I'm gonna love it if ONE of these guys ends up being reliable...and if they don't, I started with shit anyhoo...

Bruh, how big is your bench?

16 positions, we start 8.   It’s a 12 team league.  

Some of these cats carry 2 qb’s, 2 K’s, and 2 DSTs for the bye weeks, ya know.  Lol.  I load up on RB and WR and go from there. We must start 1 TE and can play another at flex.  My hopes are for one TE to emerge and I can trade or just unliad the others. 

Edited by Iceman

3 hours ago, Iceman said:

Fantasy “experts” were pretty split on Howard coming into the season and one side is looking pretty spot on. People were worried about Howard because Bruce Areans doesn’t really utilize TEs in his offense. The other side was like “yeah, but c’mon. He’s never had a guy like OJ Howard. He’s gonna use howard”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spystud13 said:

You really can't talk shit about a dude carrying 2 QBs when you have 3 hurt/shitty TEs. 

I have shit at TE because I focused elsewhere in the draft...and Njoku got hurt.

I don't have a problem with people carrying multiple QB's. It's not a winning move though...especially in the first 4 weeks of the season.

21 minutes ago, Lerka Lerka said:

Andy Dalton playing cardinals.

OR

Brissett playing Chiefs Sunday night. TY looks like he's a go. 

Im thinking Brissett is the safer play but is there ever going to be a better start for the Ginger?

Brissett (especially if Hilton is playing), but I don’t put much stock into last week for dalton. He’s been alright this year if you look week to week. Primetime dalton has been shitty probably since he was at Katy high school lol. He’s worse than cousins in primetime. But a noon kickoff against the terrible cardinals defense... I think you could do worse 

maybe im just saying that because I’m forced to start him in one league lol, but most of the fantasy websites like dalton this week.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Haha 1

On 10/2/2019 at 8:17 AM, MoJames said:

Ok 0.5ppr league need one of these

Have Melvin Gordon in one of the starting RB slots.

W/R/T

Ekeler v Den

Valdes-Scantling @ Dal

Sony Michel @ Was

David Montgomery @ Oak

Gallman Jr v Minn

5 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Im planning on starting Ekeler and Gordon.  Bad idea?

I was considering it a couple of days ago. Didn't get any feedback here so I currently have Montgomery loaded up. 

2 hours ago, Lerka Lerka said:

Andy Dalton playing cardinals.

OR

Brissett playing Chiefs Sunday night. TY looks like he's a go. 

Im thinking Brissett is the safer play but is there ever going to be a better start for the Ginger?

Both startable this week but I’d lean Brissett.

20 minutes ago, Lerka Lerka said:

What are your other potions?

This. Anthony Lynn basically said eckler is going to get a pretty big workload and Gordon is going to get a limited workload to ease him back. Denver’s run d is bad, so both might play well, but I’m also curious to know your other options. 

• Like 1

I’d just stick with Gordon. He can do his job for the day on one big play. I’m really kicking myself for not drafting him in either league I’m in this year. I think he’s going to be a league winner considering where most people drafted him.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

0.5 PPR, need a RB:

• P Lindsay (@ LAC)
  • D Montgomery (@ OAK)

And a TE:

• D Waller (vs CHI) 
  • M Andrews (@ PIT) 

Leaning Montgomery and Andrews. 

Was going to ask about flex, but running with Josh Gordon over Sutton and the leftovers from above.  He's got to break out against the Redskins this week, right?

5 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

0.5 PPR, need a RB:

• P Lindsay (@ LAC)
  • D Montgomery (@ OAK)

And a TE:

• D Waller (vs CHI) 
  • M Andrews (@ PIT) 

Leaning Montgomery and Andrews. 

Was going to ask about flex, but running with Josh Gordon over Sutton and the leftovers from above.  He's got to break out against the Redskins this week, right?

Yeah, I'd probably lean Mont and Andrews.  Lindsay has the higher ceiling but much lower floor than Mont. Waller and Bears sounds like a bad idea. I think Gordon is due as well.

Some dumb fuck in our league dropped Tyreek Hill. This shit annoys me. Feels like it upsets the competitive balance. Should I do anything as commish, like reverse the roster move? Or should a commish not intervene when something like this happens?

Hill is still on waivers btw.

shouldn't your top team on waivers be the most "needy?"

I agree it's a bullshit move, but I don't know that it's right to interfere unless you detect collusion/ shenanigans with another owner. 

Seems like he could have shopped him to trade pretty damned easily.

Edited by Iceman

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

shouldn't your top team on waivers be the most "needy?"

I agree it's a bullshit move, but I don't know that it's right to interfere unless you detect collusion/ shenanigans with another owner. 

Seems like he could have shopped him to trade pretty damned easily.

No we have the (far superior imo) FAAB system. So he is up for grabs for anyone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Some dumb fuck in our league dropped Tyreek Hill. This shit annoys me. Feels like it upsets the competitive balance. Should I do anything as commish, like reverse the roster move? Or should a commish not intervene when something like this happens?

Hill is still on waivers btw.

This is the type of shit that will make me not want to be in a league with someone. Especially when you consider that Hill should be back soon. 

6 hours ago, To be named later said:

Marquez-Valdez Scantling - Devontae Adams is ruled out, do I start?

Current starters: Non PPR
Mike Evans WR at Saints
Adam Thielen WR @ Giants
Tyler Boyd Flex vs Cardinals (no AJ Green)

Looking for advice but leaning towards starting Scantling over Boyd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I’d stick with Boyd because of the matchup and John Ross being out, but I understand not wanting to go with him after last week. But Andy Dalton isn’t in primetime this week so you’d like to think he should be serviceable. 

5 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

This is the type of shit that will make me not want to be in a league with someone. Especially when you consider that Hill should be back soon. 

We had a Cooks for hill trade followed by a Gallam and Malcom Brown for Hopkins. 

first time I almost vetoed the trade, but the beneficiary has no idea what he is doing so collusion is out. Guy making both trades is 0-4 so it’s somewhat understandable.