2019 Across the Country Prediction Thread

George Clooney

Who do you think wins each P5 conference? Who do you think makes the playoff? Who do you think wins the Heisman? Do you have any other general predictions? Here are mine:

B12: OU over Texas (I know, I know)

SEC: Alabama over Georgia

B1G: Michigan over Minnesota (They'll probably disappoint and lose to tOSU again, but fuck it)

P12: Washington over Utah

ACC: Clemson over Virginia Tech (last hurrah for Bud Foster)

1) Clemson vs 4) OU

2) Georgia vs 3) Michigan

Georgia wins the National Championship

Sugar: Alabama vs Texas

Rose: Michigan State vs Washington

Orange: Miami vs LSU

Cotton: Boise State vs Ohio State

Heisman Winner: Trevor Lawrence (Why not be boring?)

I really hope OU doesn't win the Big 12 and make the playoff this year, but I just think our defense is mediocre again this year. 

big 12: texas over ou

acc: clemson over miami

big ten: michigan over wisconsin

pac 12: oregon over ucla

sec: alabama over georgia

1. clemson vs. 4. texas

2. alabama vs. 3. michigan

clemson over bama again for it all.

heisman: trevor lawrence. (finalists are: lawrence, tua, sam and justin herbert).

Big 12: Texas over Iowa State

Acc: Clemson over Miami. (The ACC coastal sucks ass good lord)  

Big ten: Michigan over Wisconsin

Pac 12: Washington over Utah 

Sec: Auburn over Georgia 

Heisman: Travis Etienne 

Playoff: Auburn, Clemson, Texas, and Michigan. Clemson wins the national title. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

33 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Who do you think wins each P5 conference? Who do you think makes the playoff? Who do you think wins the Heisman? Do you have any other general predictions? Here are mine:

B1G: Michigan over Minnesota (They'll probably disappoint and lose to tOSU again, but fuck it)

1) Clemson vs 4) OU

I really hope OU doesn't win the Big 12 and make the playoff this year, but I just think our defense is mediocre again this year. 

SEC Championship should be Georgia over Alabama.

1) Clemson vs 4) OU
Fuck off Looch.

4dc253bcb66d9ecaf6440dcf47c5f46a.gif

8 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm not the only one in this camp. Huh. That's a good sign that one of my usually wild-assed predictions actually has a chance to happen.

Acc: Clemson over Miami. Mack goes 9-3 and makes things interesting for a while, though.

Big Ten: Ohio State over Wisconsin

PAC 12: Washington over Utah 

Sec: aggy over Georgia (Bwahahaha!) no, not really. Alabama over Georgia, part eleventy-million. As for aggy, 7-5 and a metric shit-ton of excuses. 

Heisman: Tua. He's going to have a field day with down SEC defenses.

Playoff: 1) Clemson over 4) Washington; 3) Texas over 2) Ohio State. Zach Smith meltdown will be glorious.

Clemson wins the final, though.

Edited by Walden Ponderer

Big 12: Texas over Oklahoma

ACC: Clemson over Virginia

Big 10: Michigan over Iowa

Pac 12: Utah over Oregon

SEC: Bama over Florida

ATM: 6-7

G5: Give me a resurgent Boise State as the big disruptor this year, starting with a win over FSu

Heisman: Lawrence with finalists Tua, Ehlinger and Taylor (Wiscy)

Playoffs: 1) Clemson over 4) Texas

2) Bama over 3) Michigan

Clemson over Bama again. 

I can’t believe I picked Michigan to pull itself together. 

Edited by closetojumping

Big12: UT over ISU

ACC: Clemson over Miami

Big10: tOSU over Wisc (B10 and P12 are the wildcards this year, I believe both of the will be sloppy - I can see tOSU dropping 1-2 and still beating UM for the division nod)

Pac12: Utah over Washington (Wildcard choice on the winner, not who goes to the Conference title game)

SEC: Alabama over Georgia (there's no fucking way CBS and the S(leaze)EC doesn't make sure this doesn't happen, again "it's what the fans want!")

for comic relief - aTm: 7-6, they shit the bed and go 6-6, then win a meaningless bowl game against a G5 cupcake, have horrid viewing ratings and spend the entire off season blaming it all on BOMC (and starting to question if Jimbo really is the right coach)

The CFP committee has three easy selections: SEC, ACC, B12.  They then have to pick between sloppy B10 and P12 winners but ultimately tOSU gets the nod (after a 1-2 loss season, same as Utah) because of politics (but they call it 'convincing wins').  No G5 teams goes undefeated and therefore can make a pitch for inclusion.

Clemson and Alabama both go undefeated and are ranked 1-2 respectively, UT 3rd and tOSU 4th.

Clemson whips the shit out of tOSU

Alabama and UT bludgeon the shit out of each other - going with head over gut here and Alabama wins (with some shitastic calls by refs)

Clemson rolls Alabama again.  This time because they're beat up, not because they weren't mentally in it.

Lawrence wins Heisman starting the "Can he be the first ever 3-time winner?" debate during the off season.

p.s. during the off-season someone from LSU, Georgia and Clemson get nailed for recruiting violations; Aggy goes fucking bonkers over some perceived slight; UT gets another stellar recruiting class and comes back even more hungry.

Pac 12: Washington over Utah

Big 12: Texas over OU

ACC: Clemson over No One Gives A Fuck

Big 10: Ohio State over Wisconsin

aTm: 8-6 after beating someone irrelevant in a bowl game

Heisman: Trevor Lawrence

1) Clemson over 4) Texas

2) Alabama over 3) Ohio State

Clemson over 'Bama again, and Saban retirement rumors start to become quite audible. 

Pac 12 gets left out of the playoffs again. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

Pac 12: Oregon over Utah

Big 12: OU over Texas

ACC: Clemson over Miami

SEC: Alabama over Florida

BigTen: Michigan over Iowa

AAC: Memphis over UCF

CUSA: UNT over Marshall

MAC: Ohio over NIU

Mountain West: Boise State over Fresno State

SunBelt: Georgia Southern over Arkansas State

Playoffs:

Alabama over Michigan

Clemson over Oregon

Final: Alabama over Clemson

Big 12 Standings:

1.) OU

2.) UT

3.) TCU

4.) ISU

5.) BU

6.) oSu

7.) TT

8.) KSU

9.) WVU

10.) KU

b12  texas over ou                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          b10 michigan over nebraska                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           p12 utah over washington                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             acc clemson over miami                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 sec3  georgia over alabama                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           playoff  # 1 clemson # 2 georgia # 3 texas #4 michigan                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            heisman jake fromme                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       nc - georgia 

13 hours ago, George Clooney said:

I like that UCLA pick to win the P12 south. Either Chip Kelly or Kyle Whittingham is the best coach in that division, and I think UCLA's talent along the lines and in their secondary is underrated by the media.

spacer.png

Gotta get out of the box and hammer Cincy, which will be no easy task.  But with a year under DTR's belt at QB, I think we may be poised to make noise this year.  Brutal schedule though.

13 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Big 12: Texas over Oklahoma

ACC: Clemson over Virginia

Big 10: Michigan over Iowa

Pac 12: Utah over Oregon

SEC: Bama over Florida

ATM: 6-7

G5: Give me a resurgent Boise State as the big disruptor this year, starting with a win over FSu

Heisman: Lawrence with finalists Tua, Ehlinger and Taylor (Wiscy)

Playoffs: 1) Clemson over 4) Texas

2) Bama over 3) Michigan

Clemson over Bama again. 

I can’t believe I picked Michigan to pull itself together. 

Yeah I'm bullish on Michigan, but that makes me nervous because of their ineptitude against tOSU. Your Florida SEC East pick is intriguing; I'd like to hear more about it.

Any particular reason so many are picking Michigan to win the B10 over tOSU? The buckeyes still run that conference and show no signs of slowing down. It may sound ridiculous, but I seriously think they may go another decade before they lose to Michigan again. They're that dominant. 

SEC: Bama over Georgia. Same as it ever was.

B1G: Ohio State over Wisconsin. Michigan can't get over the Ohio State hump.

B12: Texas over OU. I don't feel great about this but I don't really have a compelling reason why it would be the other way around. Honestly I'd take the field over any individual team in this league. I think Texas matches up well with OU, and if there's a year to beat them twice it's this year, before OU really fills out with Lincoln's insane offensive recruiting.

ACC: Clemson over... Miami, I guess. Doesn't really matter who.

Pac: Oregon over USC. Probably the hottest take. At the end of the day, USC has a fuckton more talent across the board than the rest of the south. If that five star QB improves, they have the supporting cast to bounce back and win the division. Oregon wins though, gets a Pac 12 team back in the playoff picture.

Playoff

1. Clemson vs 4. Oregon

2. Bama vs 3. Ohio State

Bama over Clemson.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Any particular reason so many are picking Michigan to win the B10 over tOSU? The buckeyes still run that conference and show no signs of slowing down. It may sound ridiculous, but I seriously think they may go another decade before they lose to Michigan again. They're that dominant. 

Corch "medically retired." 

44 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I think Michigan's offensive line will be one of the best in the nation, so I can see them finally fielding an elite group after bringing in Gattis. I'm actually a little bit worried about their defense though. Don Brown is a top 5 DC at least, but I don't know how good their corners and linebackers actually are. As for Ohio State, I just don't have a feel for Justin Fields. Everyone knows how highly regarded of a prospect he was, but I find it a bit strange that the Buckeye media hasn't been hyping him up as much as they did with Haskins last year. Who knows, maybe Ryan Day likes it that way.