Notre Dame v. Georgia

Jive Turkey

Fromm is going to be first round when he declares because he checks all the boxes, he’s a winner, blah blah blah. But how good is he, really? I’m not even trolling. I’m asking someone who has watched Georgia more than I have. Because I’ve never walked away from a Georgia game thinking “damn, dude. Jake Fromm is a stud.”

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Fromm is going to be first round when he declares because he checks all the boxes, he’s a winner, blah blah blah. But how good is he, really? I’m not even trolling. I’m asking someone who has watched Georgia more than I have. Because I’ve never walked away from a Georgia game thinking “damn, dude. Jake Fromm is a stud.”

You just have to have a good game against Bama. It'll make a career. Just ask John Manziel. 

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

idk, I think hes pretty good. Probably a tier or 2 below Trevor Lawrence coming out but I think he'll be a solid pro.

11 hours ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

My exact thoughts.  

Sadly, ND will stay in the playoff hunt. 

Sadly, you are correct.   They don't play anyone who looks like they could knock them off other than USC and maybe Virginia.    And they play all the "better" teams in South Bend which translates into SEC like ref bias towards the home team.

11 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

He reminds me of Sam Darnold. After we almost beat USC in 2017, I came away thinking, “That’s the guy everybody thinks is potentially the number one pick?” Same thing after we beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. 

Edited by Jive Turkey

He reminds me of Sam Darnold. After we almost beat USC in 2017, I came away thinking, “That’s the guy everybody thinks is potentially the number one pick?” Same thing after we beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. 

I don’t see it either with Fromm. Meanwhile, Justin Fields is dragging his nuts across the faces of everybody he’s playing against with the Buckeyes (albeit lesser competition).

12 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

The only thing this win solidifies is a 1-loss Georgia is now a shoe-in for the playoff as a 2nd SEC team.  Fuck the SEC hard.

Been saying it ever since i saw their schedule. Georgia is a sure fire lock to make the playoffs. More so than Bama even (because of LSU). If and when an undefeated Georgia losses to Bama or LSU in the SEC championship, both teams will make the playoffs. Take that to the fucking bank. Last night was our last hope 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

7 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I don’t see Georgia beating Florida and Auburn. But, if Georgia only has one loss and beats an undefeated Alabama in the SEC title game, then both could make it in.

Wonder what the Florida-Georgia line will be. 😀

Didn’t realize they played auburn on the road. I still think they can lose that game and make the playoffs even if they lose in the sec championship 

8 hours ago, bluto said:

That ND dline played their nuts off, the o gave zero help and it started showing in the 4th. But damn if it wasn’t an impressive showing by those guys. ND ended up with a 14/47 run pass ratio.

That's odd because I remember the 4th qtr as wasting one down after another on HB dives that went for 2 yds as though our 3* was Jerome Bettis.  I don't even think Book pretended they were zone reads. 

7 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Been saying it ever since i saw their schedule. Georgia is a sure fire lock to make the playoffs. More so than Bama even (because of LSU). If and when an undefeated Georgia losses to Bama or LSU in the SEC championship, both teams will make the playoffs. Take that to the fucking bank. Last night was our last hope 

So far the playoff committee has ignored the 12-1 team that lost the CCG.  However they've been BUGw teams and the SECe might get special treatment.