2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

Unfortunately they won't be at full strength with KP out till mid January, at least...and Powell still working his way back.

Hope the team is better overall and can handle those games.  Suns gave us hell last year, and the Lakers did as well.

18 minutes ago, Drew said:

Unfortunately they won't be at full strength with KP out till mid January, at least...and Powell still working his way back.

Hope the team is better overall and can handle those games.  Suns gave us hell last year, and the Lakers did as well.

Yeah this is the only draw back of being the premier game on Christmas Day. 

14 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

I also just want to point out how bad ass that shirt is. 

Same thought. Here's closest I could find. And you gotta be really big or really small to get one that fits, at the moment

https://store.nba.com/dallas-mavericks/mens-dallas-mavericks-nike-gray-hardwood-classics-logo-performance-t-shirt/t-25251736+p-4720822209226+z-9-3807429000?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0

edit: I take it back

https://www.scheels.com/p/nike-dallas-mavericks-dri-fit-classic-edition-logo-t-shirt/19449855553.html?store=&gclid=CjwKCAiAq8f-BRBtEiwAGr3DgRcIXfySUE1tDselCR_QwCSRNQYmXc_A8hBcCh7aTqFOsfWWqbyvnRoCSvMQAvD_BwE

Edited by TommyGufano
  • Hook 'Em 1

Didn't make it to the first half couldn't tell you on DP.

Obviously can't take much from preseason but I'm happy to be watching bball again and thus overly optimistic.  

Couple of takeaways.  Like Burke and Brunson on the 2nd unit. 

Green can defend and seems like he wants too.

Much more athletic than last year.

NBA just gonna let Donnie cook, huh? Drafted Luka and then signed Nate Hinton in 2 out of 3 years.  

Edited by Post Oak

13 hours ago, Post Oak said:

NBA just gonna let Donnie cook, huh? Drafted Luka and then signed Nate Hinton in 2 out of 3 years.  

Only a preseason game but I liked what Hinton showed.

Soon we need to start the season thread. Anyone with suggestions? This is going to be Luka's first MVP season so it should be good.

On 12/12/2020 at 9:22 PM, TommyGufano said:

I'm out of market now... How'd Powell's athleticism/movement look? Also, my parents tell me FSSW isn't on DirecTV anymore? That fucking sucks

I thought DP looked good. I think they are going to rely on him a lot from the jump. Pretty sure DirecTV still has FSSW, but a lot of the streaming services dropped them for now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Powell looked decent.  Obviously still coming back.  Didn't look like he lost a TON of athleticism, as you'd expect.  Couldn't finish as well as he has in the past.

Luka started slow and lethargic...THEN came out in the 2nd quarter and did his thing.  Had a nice motion on his 3 Ball.

Josh Green looked exactly as advertised.  Active and good on defense, heck of a slasher.  Still needs to work on shooting.  I'd say he could be as good or better than DoDo by the end of the season.

The killer B's(Brunson and Burke) are going to absolutely DESTROY other teams 2nd units.  And some Starting backcourts too.

Oh and Richardson looked perfect in the starting lineup.  Nice stroke and good defense, one athletic jump steal lead directly to an easy Luka layup.

18 minutes ago, Drew said:

Powell looked decent.  Obviously still coming back.  Didn't look like he lost a TON of athleticism, as you'd expect.  Couldn't finish as well as he has in the past.

Luka started slow and lethargic...THEN came out in the 2nd quarter and did his thing.  Had a nice motion on his 3 Ball.

Josh Green looked exactly as advertised.  Active and good on defense, heck of a slasher.  Still needs to work on shooting.  I'd say he could be as good or better than DoDo by the end of the season.

The killer B's(Brunson and Burke) are going to absolutely DESTROY other teams 2nd units.  And some Starting backcourts too.

Oh and Richardson looked perfect in the starting lineup.  Nice stroke and good defense, one athletic jump steal lead directly to an easy Luka layup.

I’m really optimistic about Richardson.  I was optimistic about Delon Wright as well.  Hopefully I’m right this time.

• Like 1

“If you put a gun to my head and you have to go win a playoff series, I’d say LeBron,” an Eastern Conference scout told ESPN. “But I’ll tell you what: That motherf---er in Dallas is coming. ... That dude is going to win multiple MVPs.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/mavericks/2020/12/14/that-motherexpletive-in-dallas-is-coming-luka-doncic-is-mvp-favorite-lebron-james-successor-in-espn-survey/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

Yeah Richardson may just see a bigger Renaissance than THJ did last year. Legit wing defense with athleticism and scoring?

Maybe he’s not THIS good a 3 pt shooter. But being close to this good will go a long way.

Luka, once again, started slow, then returned to MVP level form in the 2nd and 3rd. Super easy 27 and 8 from him. Just unreal how slow and effortless he makes that look. Lol

Maxi Threebler is back after looking bad in the bubble from 3. So that’s awesome

Really liking the pieces on this team. I just hope they don’t fall in love with the 3 so much it hurts them. Was a long stretch in the 2nd where they settled for a bunch of 3s that weren’t falling.

All in all a good 2 games against the MVP and a very good defensive team.

3 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

So are there really going to be no options to watch this season outside of national games and Dish? We're primed for an amazing season and of course nobody is going to be able to watch. 

I watch on Spectrum.  Is that available in the area?

I do have a free app on the phone(works on both iPhone and Android) called DofuSports.  Gives you several links, one is usually a Youtube stream that seems to work pretty good.  Not like the old websites with tons of clicking through(at least for the Youtube one)

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RexWilson said:

Giannis staying in Milwaukee. Kinda glad I dont have to keep up false hope now.

Here's the thing, all this does is silence all the questions that he would have until he does sign it.

They choke and he could still force his way out(I don't believe he will though).

But yes, this allows us not to speculate and honestly, the Mavs will able to look at other options.  If someone shakes free at the trade deadline, then the Mavs can make a run at him.

Besides, I think Richardson is going to be a really good #3 anyways, and they can STILL add ANOTHER star if they want with their cap space or ability to trade expiring's for a star.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Here's the thing, all this does is silence all the questions that he would have until he does sign it.

They choke and he could still force his way out(I don't believe he will though).

But yes, this allows us not to speculate and honestly, the Mavs will able to look at other options.  If someone shakes free at the trade deadline, then the Mavs can make a run at him.

Besides, I think Richardson is going to be a really good #3 anyways, and they can STILL add ANOTHER star if they want with their cap space or ability to trade expiring's for a star.

yeah, having someone 'signed' does not mean shit these days. GA does not strike me as a player that would pull that, but you never know.

cantwait.gif for the season.

• Hook 'Em 1