Parking garage tailgating ban.

Armybrat

I hear that some citations were issued by the Fire Marshal at the Brazos garage (behind Jester) before the OSU game. So, who is the genius that came up with that new rule which shits on longtime donors who have been tailgating inside for decades without a problem?

We do not cook.... we just bring in our food, drinks (no glass), a couple of tables, and a dozen folding chairs. Then about an hour prior to kickoff we break camp and do not leave one speck of trash anywhere, not that there is any to begin with.

And our family group - a couple of great grandkids up to octogenarians - includes two veteran firefighters and a retired police officer.

Nothing like pissing on decades old “traditions” enjoyed by hundreds of, if not a thousand or more, LHF donors.

Patterson’s ghostly bullshit is still haunting us.

Maybe it’s just bc it actually on campus, whereas the other parking garages are state garages and not technically on UT property?  I’ve seen all measure of tailgating in/around the state garages. Setups that sound exactly like what you describe.

Also, the Brazos garage is largely filled up with UT gameday personnel, media (local and visiting) and player parking (as well as their family members). I know there is some lhf parking as well but it may explain them wanting to be more strict. 

As usual it's probably a total ban because some idiots went to far and did idiot shit like setting up chairs in the vehicle right of way. 

Tailgate for enough years and you will see some of the dumbest shit imaginable, especially when the team is good and the noobs come out. 

Once saw a guy douse his gas grill with lighter fluid and then hit the light button. We heard the woosh and saw the fireball singe his eyebrows off. 

The top floors of the Brazos garage are never filled up, so there is ample space. And most of our family & friends walk in from other parking venues. Only two of us, both LHF donors, park by our tailgate.

in fact, from personal observation, most all the cars that fill our part of the floor are Donors who pay the $210 home game season parking fee.

Never have seen anyone dumb enough to park in the vehicle driving lanes, nor have I seen anyone cooking anything in the garage. A number of tailgaters do spread out on the outside lawns, with a couple of grills going.

Edited by Armybrat

52 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Seems like cooking wasn’t the issue. 

don’t watch TV?  Bullshit

No TVs for our tailgates, just a couple doing some streaming or following scores on phones.

Most of our time is spent socializing with family & friends, plus eating excellent brisket, sausage, beans, chips & dips, home baked cookies, various adult beverages, beer, & soft drinks.

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

No TVs for our tailgates, just a couple doing some streaming or following scores on phones.

Most of our time is spent socializing with family & friends, plus eating excellent brisket, sausage, beans, chips & dips, home baked cookies, various adult beverages, beer, & soft drinks.

Call CDC's office Monday and ask them who on staff you need to discuss this with. I would identify that person, get their feedback on what the problem is (and who pushed for the change from the long term prior situation. Come up with a suggestion how to solve the problem, and ask they issue (with your proposed solution) be submitted to Chris for his approval.

When dealing with Bellmont staff, don't let any of the staffer be the one to make the decision (unless they propose a solution you are agreeable with). My experience has been that the Bellmont staff would rather say no than yes, won't try to be creative (they are paid to administer a bureaucratic organization, not to try to improve to grow UT athletics).

CDC is the decision maker. Use the staff to get information and be the one to propose the final solution. Get it in front of Chris. If the person you are working with won't get it in front of Chris for a decision, go straight to Chris, mention you have been working with (whoever) to get this to his attention, and ask him to contact the staffer regarding the proposed solution you are trying to get in front of him.

Just don't let one of the staffers act as the business prevention department by refusing to do their job, which in this instance is to work out issues between the alumni ticket holders and the university.

5 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I'm sure your tailgate is the exception,  its everyone else fucking it up. Taking extra parking spaces and leaving trash, it happens more than people staying out of the way and cleaning up. 

Looking at the several familiar tailgates we know of in the Brazos garage, none have ever left any trash or abused parking.

But as I said, that garage does not fill up on the upper floors by one hour before the kickoff.

During the OKSt game I noticed it looked like they were breaking up a group of tailgaters on the top of the Manor garage.  I’ve seen them up there plenty of times but that was a first seeing them broken up.

Also, for those familiar with the Brazos garage I’m parking their for the first time thanks to the generosity of another poster here. I am headed out about 2 hours early.  Should there be plenty of space open in the garage if I get there about 1.5 hours before kick?  Taking my daughters (8&5) to their first game so trying to be judicious with time so they make it through the game.  Thanks for any input!