CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 minute ago, Willfully Horn said:

Do your number’s tell the tale that US citizens are dying at a rate  higher than all but ten citizenships, out of 194, countries on earth? Or,, it could be worse? I couldn’t tell from the title.

facts.

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Data above. 

link

8 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

A narrative with a (presumably) accurate title. 

Do your numbers tell the tale that US citizens are dying at a rate  higher than all but ten citizenships, out of 194 countries on earth? Or, it could be worse? I couldn’t tell from the title.

Well, the US has tested 211M. 2nd closest is China at 160M even. I don't even trust data from communist countries.  

Just now, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Numbers are frustrating aren't they? 

not when you know which ones to trust AI does the rest now. Real easy now. The future is speeding up.

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

It's updated daily. You can can go down to the county level in some states. It's facisnating. 

Hold my beer:

http://91-divoc.com/pages/coronavirus-contribution-by-country/?chart=countries&show=all&xaxis=right-all&display=pct&region=population&data=deaths-daily-7&data-source=jhu#countries

7 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

not when you know which ones to trust AI does the rest now. Real easy now. The future is speeding up.

Hold my beer:

http://91-divoc.com/pages/coronavirus-contribution-by-country/?chart=countries&show=all&xaxis=right-all&display=pct&region=population&data=deaths-daily-7&data-source=jhu#countries

That site doesn't dispute any of the data I showed which is this same data. Disprove my data from above with that site. It won't show the US has a higher per capita death rate. It won't show the US hasn't tested more than the next country (China) by 50M.  I don't understand your point with it. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

That site doesn't dispute any of the data I showed which is this same data. Disprove my data from above with that site. It won't show the US has a higher per capita death rate. It won't show the US hasn't tested more than the next country (China) by 50M.  I don't understand your point with it. 

Just a cool website bro for data geeks. Why are you hung up on testing?

The relevant metric for the US is back to vacancy rates at medical facilities (and tired and worn out people trying to save life and limb). If you find good data on that, especially the latter, let me know   

@ me or slid into my pms. [stet]

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Welding citizens in their homes was fake news, or ineffective at stopping the spread of Rona?

TBH Norway and Sweden have proven that to be true. Everywhere I go where I live everyone has had a mask on for months.  Yet cases going up. Not deaths though on even a same linear structure. My entire family had covid. My dad in a nursing home had it. We made it! I just think some of y'all are in much too much fear. It is deadly don't get me wrong but not enough to do what we are doing. The cure of shutting down hasn't worked except to affect the lives of countless millions. There are simple things to do. High risk stay home. The rest wear a mask and social distance. That's it. As anyone can see shutting down isn't working. BTW what happened to flu cases? Corona eats flu? Best flu season in the history of man. Hmmm

• Fuck You 3

7 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

@PassiveAggressiveCoach

Deaths, my dude. The narratives being spun are mortality plays.

Per capita and I know this sounds bad but we are no where near the worst. I believe and it is true if you asked Americans how we are doing death wise they'd say the worst in the world. If you asked Americans how are we doing on testing they'd say we aren't like the rest of the world. Facts are different though. 

3 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

TBH Norway and Sweden have proven that to be true.

How so?

As anyone can see shutting down isn't working.

My conclusion on shutting down’s efficacy differs from your own. We likely share a wish to keep businesses open.

BTW what happened to flu cases? Corona eats flu? Best flu season in the history of man. Hmmm

Rona is more contagious than the flu, and mitigation is working really well against the flu, and merely mitigating the spread of Rona?

8 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Just a cool website bro for data geeks. Why are you hung up on testing?

The relevant metric for the US is back to vacancy rates at medical facilities (and tired and worn out people trying to save life and limb). If you find good data on that, especially the latter, let me know   

@ me or slid into my pms. [stet]

I guess because I hear our politicians say we need to test more. Sure, test more. You should. I think there is a narrative front he left Americans don't have testing like other countries. Or we are dying from covid so much worse than everyone. The data doesn't show it. Makes me frustrated it is political and it is in the nightly news I see. 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Why are cancer and heart attack deaths down? Does that make sense? 

Perfect sense. Work is a lot less stressful for many. The nasty habits go away. Stress weakens the body's immune system, making it more susceptible to illness. 

We are  all in the same lifeboat and the vaccines are coming. No reason to be reckless now. Agree?

Edited by washparkhorn

The avg median age of a covid death is 78.  Listen, I'm not saying the virus can't kill people. I had it. It wrecked me for 10 days.  My taste weeks later isnt right. I'm in my 40s.  If I was compromised or with comorbid conditions definitely I'd be in the hospital. There are common sense ways to deal with this. It isn't the Spanish Flu. 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

The avg median age of a covid death is 78.  Listen, I'm not saying the virus can't kill people. I had it. It wrecked me for 10 days.  My taste weeks later isnt right. I'm in my 40s.  If I was compromised or with comorbid conditions definitely I'd be in the hospital. There are common sense ways to deal with this. It isn't the Spanish Flu. 

Wait - you are immune to it? 

I am not sure "the immune" should have a voice in this debate. You don't give a fuck - you are immune. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I get why PAC prefers numbers. Looking up crash deaths counted as Rona deaths, I read an article that detailed such an occurrence in Florida, yet the gist of the article was how Rona deaths are being undercounted. FOX’s shit’s confusing.

BTW, the CDC disputes the claim that crash deaths are being Rona tallied.

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

It started on trump land - some friend who knows someone who talked to a nurse and said every death was being coded Covid. That sector documents everything. It's fan fiction.

LOL OK call it Trump land or whatever. There is literally almost no flu now. You don't find that odd?  Listen, I voted for Obama once. I'm not one of these hard core Trumpers you hate. Covid is a thing. It kills mostly a select group of people. Why are flu numbers almost 0?  That's never happened. Ever. 

4 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

How's that? There have been 4 total documented cases of reinfection worldwide.  None in the US confirmed by the CDC.  I will caveat this. There may be a couple more since that research I did was 3 weeks ago. Therefore, out of 68M cases (real world cases many fold that due to asymptomatic/mild symptoms never tested) there are just a handful of documented reinfection. Data is on my side not yours. Why would I take a rushed vaccine when my immunity is 99.999%?

My observation is more related to the fact that you felt the need to even post that pointless little diatribe. You are dumb regardless whether reinfection (at least in the short term) is likely. Your other posts have confirmed my observation. 

12 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

LOL OK call it Trump land or whatever. There is literally almost no flu now. You don't find that odd?  Listen, I voted for Obama once. I'm not one of these hard core Trumpers you hate. Covid is a thing. It kills mostly a select group of people. Why are flu numbers almost 0?  That's never happened. Ever. 

You are incredibly dumb. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Just monumentally stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Go fuck yourself.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

You realize if you die of a heart attack or car accident in the US but have covid that's a covid death, right? 

No, seriously, how have gone through life without shitting yourself to death is a minor miracle. 

Edited by Dahobbs

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

My observation is more related to the fact that you felt the need to even post that pointless little diatribe. You are dumb regardless whether reinfection (at least in the short term) is likely. Your other posts have confirmed my observation. 

LOL I post data point after data point. Your response is you still dumb. Is this how this group goes? 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I can't convince you that you are dumb. You just have to see it for yourself. 

Go live in your bubble and listen to your msnbc. Go online and chat with your buddies to get confirmation bias you know what you think is right. There will be no numbers that make you see reality. 

• Fuck You 2

7 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Go live in your bubble and listen to your msnbc. Go online and chat with your buddies to get confirmation bias you know what you think is right. There will be no numbers that make you see reality. 

Again, the only numbers you have offered show the US ranked 11th out of 194 in deaths per million. In response to a chart showing that four out of the top eight deadliest days in US history happened last week:

Edited by Willfully Horn
Memory issue
  • Hook 'Em 1

Deaths are ramping up.These are deaths world wide by country by size of country (most populous nation at the bottom).

The US is part of the big red artery bleeding out in the middle of the chart. Ugly.

91-DIVOC-04-3.thumb.png.b8aa034c80db2e7d885a71a2caeff57e.png

http://91-divoc.com/pages/coronavirus-contribution-by-country/?chart=countries&show=all&xaxis=right-all&display=center&region=population&data=deaths-daily-7&data-source=jhu#countries

It's a killer. 

Thank your healthcare worker. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I've never listened to or watched msnbc. Dumb people, like yourself, are fine. What isn't fine is when they feel entitled to have their dumb opinions given the same weight as other more intelligent and informed individuals. 

As pointed out above, the only data you've been posted is a chart showing the US at #11 in deaths per million. Why you think that is a helpful bit of information for you is beyond me. 

You've also asserted, without evidence, that there have been 0 flu cases this year. Factually, that is not true. However, it was noticed last flu season that Covid appeared to be displacing the flu to a large extent. Thus, a reduction in the number of flu cases isn't entirely unexpected. Just as invasive species can displace native ones, so too can invasive new diseases replace local strains. 

Your original post was pointless but relatively harmless. Your follow up posts are the amazing combination of stupid, ignorant and arrogant. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I've never listened to or watched msnbc. Dumb people, like yourself, are fine. What isn't fine is when they feel entitled to have their dumb opinions given the same weight as other more intelligent and informed individuals. 

As pointed out above, the only data you've been posted is a chart showing the US at #11 in deaths per million. Why you think that is a helpful bit of information for you is beyond me. 

You've also asserted, without evidence, that there have been 0 flu cases this year. Factually, that is not true. However, it was noticed last flu season that Covid appeared to be displacing the flu to a large extent. Thus, a reduction in the number of flu cases isn't entirely unexpected. Just as invasive species can displace native ones, so too can invasive new diseases replace local strains. 

Your original post was pointless but relatively harmless. Your follow up posts are the amazing combination of stupid, ignorant and arrogant. 

Still again a LOT of words no data or facts. You seem triggered by data. 

• Fuck You 2

3 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

It started on trump land - some friend who knows someone who talked to a nurse and said every death was being coded Covid. That sector documents everything. It's fan fiction.

Yep.  Veeerrrrrry popular w/ trumpkins.  And they all know a nurse who swears this is the truth. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I am a numbers guy so what I have been hearing in the media disturbs me. 

So why don’t you actually look at numbers then?

Norway and Finland. Both locked down. Combined population 10 million. Less than 1000 deaths.

Sweden. Herd immunity attempt. Population 10 million. 7000 deaths. 
https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/89017

• Hook 'Em 2