James Comey is my Homie

Hugo Stiglitz

I think Comey is fully aware of the tradeoffs involved in his decision to publicly "close" the investigation of Hillary Clinton.  As he said on Colbert, he was trying to select the better of two bad choices:  clearly disruptive in the near term and potentially catastrophic in the long term.

To suggest that he did anything beyond breaking with normal protocol is ridiculous. 

• Fuck You 2

25 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

UdayDanceParty photobucket account?

I may have missed something, but that's an interesting sock Hugo.

With an interesting posting history across the web, surly, shaggy, sooner boards etc. You are into some weird shit dawg. 

It’s not my sock, it’s my stalker, like trijiconman.

Hopefully they get banned. 

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Some of the Uday usernames on sports and gun boards go back to 2011 and 2012. That's some long game shit.  Remind us when you transitioned over to shaggy?

Udaydanceparty originated as my SOCOM 2 handle on PlayStation2 back in 2003.

it’s the name of my photobucket account which is why the stalker chose it along with my Twitter handle.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You’re supposed to think it’s my sock.  

That’s kinda the point, to turn others against me.

some real conspiracy shit going down. dead serious. if IPs indicate people are conspiring to undermine your posting, they shoudl be outed. 

5 hours ago, Pods said:

Comey colossally fucked up and violated protocol.

That has nothing to do with why Trump fired him. 

Comey was also in between a rock and a hard place with the NY field office agents leaking information. If he hadn't disclosed that Hillary was under investigation, the NY field office would have leaked it and it would have looked even worse. 

There were no good options at that point. It was very well executed by the Trump side. 

The right thing to do would be to put all this shit on lynch, to either recuse herself or look completely in the bag for Clinton. That would have been a career ending move had Clinton won. He made the smart play and the near unthinkable happened. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

The right thing to do would be to put all this shit on lynch, to either recuse herself or look completely in the bag for Clinton. That would have been a career ending move had Clinton won. He made the smart play and the near unthinkable happened. 

In the book, he said he debated putting it all on Lynch and let her deal with it but he felt that would be cowardly and a disservice to the FBI.

12 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

In the book, he said he debated putting it all on Lynch and let her deal with it but he felt that would be cowardly and a disservice to the FBI.

That is bizarro.  Instead he did a real disservice to the FBI by making it look like the organization of political pawns (at the high level) that it actually is.

1 hour ago, SmokeyBear1861 said:

That's the exact reaction I was referring to.  He felt he had to choose between two bad choices.

I think the best criticism would be "the fact that you called a press conference to close the original investigation to some degree forced future behavior".

That's not my point.  He didn't need to make as much of a spectacle of CLOSING the original investigation (even though I think he's being truthful when he speaks to why he did it).  Once he set that precedent, and especially in his mind (which is clearly wired to be uber-fair), he felt he had to then go public with the decision to re-open the investigation.

The alternative would have been to let the DOJ do their "one-liner" release in both instances, which would have surely had less of an effect on the voters.  Not ZERO effect, but less.

I don't happen to think he was wrong with his approach, but I understand the arguments.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

What are you referring to?

The video I posted, they read the letter that he and the others are refereed to the DOJ for committing crimes related to their investigation. 

https://desantis.house.gov/_cache/files/8/0/8002ca75-52fc-4995-b87e-43584da268db/472EBC7D8F55C0F9E830D37CF96376A2.final-criminal-referral.pdf

Edited by SmokeyBear1861

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's not my point.  He didn't need to make as much of a spectacle of CLOSING the original investigation (even though I think he's being truthful when he speaks to why he did it).  Once he set that precedent, and especially in his mind (which is clearly wired to be uber-fair), he felt he had to then go public with the decision to re-open the investigation.

The alternative would have been to let the DOJ do their "one-liner" release in both instances, which would have surely had less of an effect on the voters.  Not ZERO effect, but less.

I don't happen to think he was wrong with his approach, but I understand the arguments.

If he didn’t inform Congress he was reopening the investigation, it was going to leak anyway because they had to get a search warrant in a NY court to look at the emails.  

That would have looked a lot worse for Lynch/DOJ/FBI/Comey. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, burntorangebongos said:

So what if it leaks. Deal with the leak by working quickly to figure out what you had in these emails then come out with a full answer. It was Lynch's job to deal with the heat, no?

Because the FBI would HAVE to confirm that they reopened the investigation.  Think about how that would look with Trump running around saying everything is rigged.

You mean the FBI wasn't going to tell the American people they reopened the investigation after several had confirmed under oath that it was closed and a done deal?

Let's say they didn't comment on the leak and it was later discovered after the election via congressional oversight that the leaks were true and the FBI concealed the reopening of the investigation.  Think about how that would play in the "it's all rigged folks" propaganda. 

I think that its impossible to deconstruct and view the various aspects of Comey's handling in isolation. Each of his individual actions were influenced by the total toxicity around the case, and that includes his spectacle of a press conference, the subsequent congressional testimony, and a whole host of factors in DC, the FBI, and the DOJ. Vanity Fair has a nice piece: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/02/james-comey-fbi-director-letter

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Because the FBI would HAVE to confirm that they reopened the investigation.  Think about how that would look with Trump running around saying everything is rigged.

You mean the FBI wasn't going to tell the American people they reopened the investigation after several had confirmed under oath that it was closed and a done deal?

Let's say they didn't comment on the leak and it was later discovered after the election via congressional oversight that the leaks were true and the FBI concealed the reopening of the investigation.  Think about how that would play in the "it's all rigged folks" propaganda. 

Ok, but they were able to conclude BEFORE the election that nothing was new and therefore closed it again. That is when they should have come out with the whole story and weather the media storm in the interim. Im surprised that wasnt thought of as a option is all. 

Edited by burntorangebongos

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He fucked up when he admitted to re-opening the investigation in order to clear her name to be the "legitimate president" and that he was working with the Hillary guaranteed victory in mind when he made that decision. 

Plus, after reading about what an emotional and appearance driven dude he is, it makes me giggle that he was America's top G men. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5634373/Ex-FBI-director-James-Comey-confirms-deep-state.html#ixzz5D89oZul5

At Barnes & Noble in New York's Union Square on Wednesday evening, Comey was met with protests inside and outside the store from pro and anti-Trump protesters, one of whom shouted: 'You're going to get locked up'.

Speaking to the crowd, Comey said: 'There is a deep state in this sense. There is a collection of people, CIA, NSA, FBI in the United State military services who care passionately about getting it right, who care passionately about the values we try to talk about.

'No matter how they vote or how they talk at home, try desperately to do the right thing. That is deep, that is unchangeable actually. 

Fuck is he talking about? Aren't they supposed to uphold the laws? I didn't realize that they take their values and what they thing is "right" comes into play.

Edited by SmokeyBear1861

Did he leak classified information to his Columbia Law School friend?

-------------------------------

The Justice Department on Thursday gave lawmakers redacted versions of memos kept by former FBI Director James Comey to document meetings with President Trump, a congressional source told Fox News.

The source told Fox News the memos were turned over to the House Judiciary, Oversight and Intelligence Committees following threats from Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., to subpoena Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein for failing to meet the deadline to submit the documents.

In a statement to lawmakers, the Justice Department said it had redacted classified information in the memos, but would provide an unredacted version on Friday. 

Goodlatte, House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., had set a Monday deadline for the Justice Department to turn over the Comey memos.

In February, federal Judge James E. Boasberg ruled that Comey’s memos would not be made public, as they were “likely to interfere with special counsel Robert Mueller’s ongoing investigation into the 2016 presidential race.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/19/doj-turns-over-redacted-comey-memos-to-congressional-committees.html

10 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I wasn’t necessarily talking to you.  I see a lot of people conflating the press conference and Comey reopening the investigation via letter to Congress as somehow connected, they weren’t.

They were connected.  His press conference led to the spectacle before Congress.  They were part and parcel of the same self-serving public display.  If he stuck to the facts and the legal analysis from the start, he could have done the same before Congress and declined to comment on anything beyond that.  Instead he bent over backwards to prove how much he truly thought Hillary acted wrongfully and backed himself into a corner on reopening the investigation. 

Former FBI Director James Comey wrote in a newly released memo that pressure from news outlets — “CNN in particular” — convinced him to brief then-President-Elect Donald Trump on the infamous Steele dossier during a meeting at Trump Tower on Jan. 6, 2017.

“I said media like CNN had [the dossier] and were looking for a news hook,” Comey wrote in a memo just after briefing Trump about the salacious allegations in the dossier.

“I said it was inflammatory stuff that they would get killed for reporting straight up from the source reports,” he added.

Four days after that meeting, CNN published a story revealing the existence of a salacious report alleging the Russian government had compromised Trump. The CNN story was referring to what’s now known as the dossier — an unverified 35-page report written by former British spy Christopher Steele.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/19/comey-cnn-trump-dossier/

13 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

“I said media like CNN had [the dossier] and were looking for a news hook,” Comey wrote in a memo just after briefing Trump about the salacious allegations in the dossier.

CNN found its news hook: the very same meeting Comey said was necessary because of pressure from CNN.

22 hours ago, SmokeyBear1861 said:

He fucked up when he admitted to re-opening the investigation in order to clear her name to be the "legitimate president" and that he was working with the Hillary guaranteed victory in mind when he made that decision. 

Plus, after reading about what an emotional and appearance driven dude he is, it makes me giggle that he was America's top G men. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5634373/Ex-FBI-director-James-Comey-confirms-deep-state.html#ixzz5D89oZul5

Fuck is he talking about? Aren't they supposed to uphold the laws? I didn't realize that they take their values and what they thing is "right" comes into play.

He seems to be too smart for his own good. He tries too often to make clever intellectual statements, which backfire tremendously. I understand the point he was trying to make, but using the actual term "deep state" is completely idiotic. Because, as in the link you shared, every mouth breathing imbecile blog site is going to run wild with that, while completely missing the point.

not to change the subject or anything, but i can't find a better place to put this.

so, congressional repubs strong-armed rosenstein to get the comey memos and spill them to forever turn the tide in their favor.

i don't see the tide turning.

let's do a little review, shall we?  remember the nunes memo that was going to redefine everything?  dot dot dot and now this gross misunderstanding of the true meaning and real effect of the comey memos.  at what point do we realize that RIGHT-WING REPUBLICANS HAVE A FAIRYTALE UNDERSTANDING OF REALITY.  i mean it's true:  RIGHT-WING REPUBLICANS HAVE A FAIRYTALE UNDERSTANDING OF REALITY.  they don't really have a grasp on reality.

now, that's true when you look at politics and it's true when you look at the legal world and it's true when you look at economics.  think back on reagan and his trickle down.  did that bonehead really believe that was good for america or was he corrupt?  given what we are seeing these days, i'm leaning toward the fool really thinking that was good.  what reagan and his right-wing repubicans did to this country is still dragging us down, and now today RIGHT-WING REPUBLICANS WHO HAVE A FAIRYTALE UNDERSTANDING OF REALITY continue to apply the finishing touches of their warped vision to finish us off.

• Like 1

He seems to be too smart for his own good. He tries too often to make clever intellectual statements, which backfire tremendously.

He does have a glaring habit of trying to display an unquestionable attitude of integrity while actually showing almost no integrity at all. He should definitely run for public office somewhere.

For all you here that are trying to round up a lynch mob to go after Comey for how he handled the Clinton email server investigation, you have a very dim view of how investigations like this work and what actually constitutes a crime with regards to the handling of classified material. Now, when I say dim, I don't just mean the lights are low and you can't see very well; I mean you are clearly uneducated and completely over your heads and just want to demonize this man. You all very likely have no idea anything about his background as he worked his way up to Director of the FBI. I wish the election would've had a better result, but there were factors beyond this one issue that led to the shit show we have now. It's clear that some people here don't value things like integrity or honesty.