Trump really is driving people crazy

F250

11 minutes ago, sidis said:

i see, you're just disingenuous and obtuse.

as well as inconsistent.  you say you don't approve of the name calling. that is a judgment.  you aren't reserving your judgment on that aspect of his presidency.  so why are you reserving judgment on all other aspects of his presidency?

or are you?

What in God’s name are you taking about? I disapprove of his name calling; therefore, I should have my mind made up on how all of his policies will play out the rest of his term? That’s absolute nonsense, you’re chasing your tail here. 

2 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

What in God’s name are you taking about? I disapprove of his name calling; therefore, I should have my mind made up on how all of his policies will play out the rest of his term? That’s absolute nonsense, you’re chasing your tail here. 

No.  It means that there's a list of asshattery for him a mile long.  But we get it.  See how things play out the rest of his term.

Just answer me this -- have you ever, even once in your life, called for a quarterback to be pulled during a game, because he had demonstrated that he was just going to keep shooting himself in the dick, and it was going to cost his team the game?  Of course you have.

But here, you advocate for holding the president to a lower standard of performance than a dude wearing shoulder pads and a jersey.  Pretty impressive mental gymnastics.

Trump is repeatedly fumbling snaps, throwing interceptions, getting our WRs blown up, he's tipping our plays because he's so fucking clueless, and he absolutely refuses to take any coaching from the staff.  Oh, and on every shitty play, he blames his OL, or his RB, completely alienating them and pissing them off so they aren't willing to work to hard for him.  You're correct, we haven't lost the game yet.  But if you don't think we need to pull that guy immediately, you're dumber than a bag of hammers.

why can you make a judgment of disapproval of one aspect of his presidency now but not other specific aspects of his presidency?

you affirmatively state you still support him (apparently blindly) with no basis for that other than to say you won't be able to ultimately decide if he was worthy of that support in January 2021.  that's not chasing anything, that's me restating what you said (as utterly moronic as it was).  then you criticized his leadership traits.

i'm simply trying to understand what that even means...which is admittedly a fool's errand.

1 minute ago, sidis said:

why can you make a judgment of disapproval of one aspect of his presidency now but not other specific aspects of his presidency?

you affirmatively state you still support him (apparently blindly) with no basis for that other than to say you won't be able to ultimately decide if he was worthy of that support in January 2021.  that's not chasing anything, that's me restating what you said (as utterly moronic as it was).  then you criticized his leadership traits.

i'm simply trying to understand what that even means...which is admittedly a fool's errand.

Let me summarize for you his truthful answer, if he was willing to give one (he's not).

"Yes, I realize he's really shitty.  But admitting that he's shitty beyond redemption would be to admit that I was wrong to support him, and my intellect and ego are far too fragile to do that.  Also, he is mean to people I don't like, like libtards and, ummm, you know...those people.  I like that about him.  And that's enough.  Well, that and the 'I can never admit I was wrong' thing."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No.  It means that there's a list of asshattery for him a mile long.  But we get it.  See how things play out the rest of his term.

Just answer me this -- have you ever, even once in your life, called for a quarterback to be pulled during a game, because he had demonstrated that he was just going to keep shooting himself in the dick, and it was going to cost his team the game?  Of course you have.

But here, you advocate for holding the president to a lower standard of performance than a dude wearing shoulder pads and a jersey.  Pretty impressive mental gymnastics.

Trump is repeatedly fumbling snaps, throwing interceptions, getting our WRs blown up, he's tipping our plays because he's so fucking clueless, and he absolutely refuses to take any coaching from the staff.  Oh, and on every shitty play, he blames his OL, or his RB, completely alienating them and pissing them off so they aren't willing to work to hard for him.  You're correct, we haven't lost the game yet.  But if you don't think we need to pull that guy immediately, you're dumber than a bag of hammers.

Stop with the football analogies, they make zero sense. In your scenario, you would pull Trump and put in Pence, which I’m sure you would love as well. But again, these weird football references are not applicable. 

1 minute ago, Chrispy said:

Stop with the football analogies, they make zero sense. In your scenario, you would pull Trump and put in Pence, which I’m sure you would love as well. But again, these weird football references are not applicable. 

omfg.

you really can't distinguish between literally analogizing the tactics of a football game to the presidency with analogizing making a judgment prior to the end of the game that a quarterback simply doesn't have the talent and skill to be successful to reaching judgments or conclusions about the effectiveness of a president prior to the end of their term?

seriously?  are you a simpleton or are you obtuse as i asked above?

6 minutes ago, sidis said:

I’ve admitted I disapprove of his name calling and his spending, not his leadership traits. Those two things are not the same, but it’s possible you’ve never been in a business atmosphere. How you gleaned that I’m not sure, but you continue to misconstrue simple sentences. I do agree this conversation is an exercise in futility, however. 

Just now, Chrispy said:

I would celebrate pulling Trump and putting in Pence.  I would be THRILLED if we had a president where I simply disagreed with him on policy issues.

Really?  You don't think ANALOGIES are helpful to explain things?  What other performance analogy would you like?  I went with a captain of a ship.  I went with a quarterback, or a coach.  I went with a driver of a car.  Fuck, I even went with a world leader.

How about I go with a corporate CEO?  How about this -- we hire a new CEO, sign a contract for 4 years.  One year in, he's erratically changed numerous policies, to no coherent end.  He's harassed several women in the office.  When some guys at the plant dropped N-bombs at some of their co-workers, who got pissed, he said there were "good people on both sides."  He's brought in - and fired - 30 folks in senior management.  A lot of folks don't even know who to report to because either 1) the person who had the senior position was brought in and then fired, or 2) nobody was ever hired to fill the position.  He's given numerous senior positions to old pals of his who aren't qualified for the job.  But they ARE doing a great job of taking frequent "business trips" on the company dime to fancy locations, staying at the Four Seasons, and order $1,000 bottles of champagne on the company tab.

But you're right.  The Board of Directors should probably just sit back and wait for him to finish out his 4 year contract before making any judgments.

Sorry to be so blunt, but you're a fucking idiot.

3 minutes ago, sidis said:

omfg.

you really can't distinguish between literally analogizing the tactics of a football game to the presidency with analogizing making a judgment prior to the end of the game that a quarterback simply doesn't have the talent and skill to be successful to reaching judgments or conclusions about the effectiveness of a president prior to the end of their term?

seriously?  are you a simpleton or are you obtuse as i asked above?

No. A football game is determined by a score and politics are far more complex. It’s a terrible analogy. 

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Many of y’all are doing your level best to support the authors’ assertions. Bravo. 

Because we can't believe that there are people stupid enough to still support this assclown?

We also can't believe that there are aggies who keep thinking that they're the cool kids of the SEC, and this is the year they show those whorns who's boss.

That's not derangement -- in fact, it would be insanity if we believed otherwise.

58 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I’ve already stated that I don’t approve of the name calling, not sure how I can clarify it any further than that. That has been part of the political discord well before Trump though, so claiming it’s only his tactic is very shortsighted. 

Allowing someone a full term is not an arbitrary time table, so I’m having a hard time following you on that claim. 

So come January 1, 2021, will you wake up and suddenly disapprove of calling nazis "very fine people"? What's stopping you from doing so before then?

No. A football game is determined by a score and politics are far more complex. It’s a terrible analogy. 

Says a guy who is evaluating a president who -- LITERALLY -- speaks of EVERY.  SINGLE.  ISSUE.  in terms of "winning" or "losing."  Jesus fuck, you just pointed out ANOTHER reason why your boy is utterly unqualified to even grasp the concept of the office he holds, much less successfully execute it.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Because we can't believe that there are people stupid enough to still support this assclown?

We also can't believe that there are aggies who keep thinking that they're the cool kids of the SEC, and this is the year they show those whorns who's boss.

That's not derangement -- in fact, it would be insanity if we believed otherwise.

QED

7 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Abstract concepts and illustrative analogies not using the exact same position of POTUS are too much.  Ok, noted.

What about the Nixon example, again?  Should Nixon not have been under any scrutiny until his term ended?  Was it a travesty and miscarriage of justice that he even got in trouble for Watergate while in office?  Your prior response to that was something about how I must be scared and libtardy or something.  Putting that aside, do you have a direct answer to the question?

I’m glad you left out Hitler, we can both agree that was hyperbolic nonsense. But If collusion is proven, sure, I’m all for getting his ass out of there. Until then, life is pretty damn good. 

I’m glad you left out Hitler, we can both agree that was hyperbolic nonsense. But If collusion is proven, sure, I’m all for getting his ass out of there. Until then, life is pretty damn good. 

Got it.  So, the ONLY thing that can convince you to have a negative opinion of Trump is if....he committed what amounts to treason.

That's a pretty low bar for your approval.

Hey, I too have never committed treason!  You must love me!  I presume that I can count on your vote in the future?

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Got it.  So, the ONLY thing that can convince you to have a negative opinion of Trump is if....he committed what amounts to treason.

That's a pretty low bar for your approval.

Hey, I too have never committed treason!  You must love me!  I presume that I can count on your vote in the future?

That depends, clean off your spittle strewn screen and send me your resume. 

10 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Was it a failure of the Founding Fathers to even make impeachment an option in the first place? After all, nobody should be judged in any way until after the term is completed.  

No, I’m glad it’s there as an option. All they have to do it submit the evidence and I’d be on board.  It’s just not there yet, much to the chagrin of some here. But comparing it to buying out a football coach is unbelievably simple minded.

That depends, clean off your spittle strewn screen and send me your resume. 

My resume:

I am a known liar with a history of lies going back decades, and I lie multiple times a day about the most obviously disproven things.

I am a known racist, with an ongoing history of racism and using racist dog whistles.

I do not listen to any outside authority or analysis, ever.

I treat women as trophies, sex toys, and property.  Sometimes, all three at once.

I call all of my enemies childish names.

I also deem anyone who is not 100% loyal to me, in all circumstances, to be my enemy.

I have the vocabulary of a third grader (clearly, someone other than me is typing this resume).

My decision making is erratic and mercurial, and that's on my good days.

I make stupid promises that will never come true (the Longhorns are going to build two new football stadiums, and A&M's gonna pay for them!)

I hire utterly unqualified people.  Many times, they're also unethical, and will use their positions for personal enrichment and benefit.

I regularly spread unsubstantiated and unsupported conspiracy theories.

So, it's pretty much a lock that you'll vote for me, because you voted for the last guy with that resume.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Just out of curiosity, what post did you think you were being responsive to since we can agree that it was not the one you quoted?

Just now, longhornmatt said:

I think you missed the point of the football analogies.

If you set an oven to cook for 30 minutes, and you stick your bare hand in the oven and grab the smoldering tray with it at minute 20, should you keep holding on despite the searing pain for another 10 minutes because you can’t assess the situation until the goose is already cooked?  Your answer is yes.

And, yes, I know - being President is different from cooking with an oven, ergo I should stop this sorcery of the written word.

He's a troll or a dumbass.  He voted for Trump, so the only question is "which one is it, or is it both?"

Not going to waste any more of my time engaging with someone who has so thoroughly demonstrated an immunity to any and all evidence-based reasoning.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

My resume:

I am a known liar with a history of lies going back decades, and I lie multiple times a day about the most obviously disproven things.

I am a known racist, with an ongoing history of racism and using racist dog whistles.

I treat women as trophies, sex toys, and property.  Sometimes, all three at once.

I also deem anyone who is not 100% loyal to me, in all circumstances, to be my enemy.

I have the vocabulary of a third grader (clearly, someone other than me is typing this resume).

I make stupid promises that will never come true (the Longhorns are going to build two new football stadiums, and A&M's gonna pay for them!)

I hire utterly unqualified people.  Many times, they're also unethical, and will use their positions for personal enrichment and benefit.

So, it's pretty much a lock that you'll vote for me, because you voted for the last guy with that resume.

What’s scary is I’m starting to think you believe this nonsense.

10 hours ago, Amobie said:

Yeah I think that's kind of obvious and it's kind of the point...  

What if the election was fair and all this facebook/twitter/fakenews/Russia storyline was all made up? 

What if Mueller clears Trump?

What if Trump manages to get re-elected and finishes out 8 full years? 

How much of your life are you willing to sacrifice over something that is cyclical and you have no control over?

What if Trump goes to prison?

What’s scary is I’m starting to think you believe this nonsense.

What's even scarier is that you and the Trumpkins like you don't, even when the mountain of evidence looms right in front of you.  Full immunity to evidence-based reasoning.  It's the Trumpkin way.

Goddammit, I engaged with a troll/dumbass.  Gotta find a way to neg myself.

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

My resume:

You nailed Trump perfectly.

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

My resume:

Nailed it, Brisket.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What's even scarier is that you and the Trumpkins like you don't, even when the mountain of evidence looms right in front of you.  Full immunity to evidence-based reasoning.  It's the Trumpkin way.

Yes, people that disagree with you are all trolls and dumb. If clutching that teddy bear helps, then so be it.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I gotchu fam

20 minutes ago, sidis said:

Just out of curiosity, what post did you think you were being responsive to since we can agree that it was not the one you quoted?

I’m not sure why you keep inserting yourself into this conversation with these strange questions. You’re not Socrates and they make very little sense. You come off as a college student honestly, which is why I’m sure you can’t relate to the business world and leadership styles in general.

• Haha 1

Just now, Chrispy said:

I’m not sure why you keep inserting yourself into this conversation with these strange questions. You’re not Socrates and they make very little sense. You come off as a college student honestly, which is why I’m sure you can’t relate to the business world and leadership styles in general.

Hmmm, unnecessary and uninteresting. 

Also predictably, a non sequitur that seeks to mask your inability to answer even the simplest of questions. 

3 minutes ago, sidis said:

Hmmm, unnecessary and uninteresting. 

Also predictably, a non sequitur that seeks to mask your inability to answer even the simplest of questions. 

I’m not insulting you, I just think you lack proper life experience to understand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m not insulting you, I just think you lack proper life experience to understand. 

Again, unnecessary and uninteresting. 

And like the rest of your post is, utterly baseless and irrelevant. You should self-reflect on why your go-to is to evade simple questions and make disingenuous comments instead. 

Wait...

5 minutes ago, sidis said:

Again, unnecessary and uninteresting. 

And like the rest of your post is, utterly baseless and irrelevant. You should self-reflect on why your go-to is to evade simple questions and make disingenuous comments instead. 

Wait...

I would answer it if it made any sense, it’s that simple. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I would answer it if it made any sense, it’s that simple. 

Perhaps you simply don’t have the life experience or familiarity with the business world (lol) to make sense of a simple question asking which message you were responding to. After all, we’ve already established that simple analogies are outside your comfort zone. 

Have a great evening...

14 minutes ago, bad motherfucker said:

Well said, and absolutely true.  I have watched most of the above posters go from rational, logical posters to insane, rabid animals in less than two years.  Scary actually.

Well to be fair, we’ve watched the presidency go from a dignified institution to a 3rd grade booger eating tweetfight in that same period.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidis said:

Perhaps you simply don’t have the life experience or familiarity with the business world (lol) to make sense of a simple question asking which message you were responding to. After all, we’ve already established that simple analogies are outside your comfort zone. 

Have a great evening...

I still have no idea what your question was, but that’s fine. It’s time to feed the children and lay thy wife. Trump’s america is a beautiful thing, evening gents. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Yes, people that disagree with you are all trolls and dumb. If clutching that teddy bear helps, then so be it.

Can you tell me something truly, intrinsicly good that Donald Trump has done in his life? Pretend I am from Mars and name one thing for me. 

2 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Can you tell me something truly, intrinsicly good that Donald Trump has done in his life? Pretend I am from Mars and name one thing for me. 

I gotta give him credit, he publicly clowned Jeb! as well as any of us could have ever hoped to do. That’s about all I can think of though.

11 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I still have no idea what your question was, but that’s fine. It’s time to feed the children and lay thy wife. Trump’s america is a beautiful thing, evening gents. 

I’m pretty sure Trumps America involves laying anybody but his wife.  Guess we will find out though, eh?  

23 minutes ago, TornACL said:

He put the Clinton’s out to pasture, we should all be eternally grateful. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

He put the Clinton’s out to pasture, we should all be eternally grateful. 

That's not an answer. Work on your grammar (it's "Clintons"), feed your kids and lay your wife and come back with an actual answer. Or look up the word intrinsicly if you're having some trouble. I'll wait. Should be pretty easy. 

Edited by TornACL