Trump really is driving people crazy

F250

Yes. Bringing both the bush and Clinton dynasties to an end has to be worthy of at least some modicum of credit.

He did what a planet-killing asteroid could do, or what a plague that kills all humans could do.

That’s the club he’s a member of. And at this point, he may be the most irredeemable member of that club.

9 minutes ago, TornACL said:

That's not an answer. Work on your grammar (it's "Clintons"), feed your kids and lay your wife and come back with an actual answer. Or look up the word intrinsicly if you're having some trouble. I'll wait. Should be pretty easy. 

Oh man, why so angry? Life is fun. I still have to warm the wife up a bit though, such is married life. The reality is that he’s donated millions of dollars, which I’m sure, was not intrinsic in nature correct? I know how this conversation goes because I’ve had it several times. Nothing will meet your criterion. Relax and have a beer, you’re going to be just fine. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Oh man, why so angry? Life is fun. I still have to warm the wife up a bit though, such is married life. The reality is that he’s donated millions of dollars, which I’m sure, was not intrinsic in nature correct? I know how this conversation goes because I’ve had it several times. Nothing will meet your criterion. Relax and have a beer, you’re going to be just fine. 

We are going to be fine because Trump is going down.

13 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

And yet the planet is still here and human life has not eradicated. But there’s always next week!

I was headed to the hospital the other morning at twilight and saw a shooting star. I happened to glance up and there it was. It was beautiful and I was amazed it was visible with all the light pollution in Dallas. Trump is (and we are) completely insignificant in this universe. Don’t lose your mind over an asshole

• Like 2

On 4/13/2018 at 8:28 PM, TornACL said:

That's not an answer. Work on your grammar (it's "Clintons"), feed your kids and lay your wife and come back with an actual answer. Or look up the word intrinsicly if you're having some trouble. I'll wait. Should be pretty easy. 

Oh the hell it's not. He took one for the team.  He took one for the whole country. Hi ho hi ho the Clintons are gone for good.....

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 4/13/2018 at 7:01 PM, TornACL said:

Can you tell me something truly, intrinsicly good that Donald Trump has done in his life? Pretend I am from Mars and name one thing for me. 

If you actually think that there is not a single positive thing he's done in his lifetime, you are definitely experiencing cognitive dissonance. 

On 4/13/2018 at 12:52 PM, Brisketexan said:

Hillary

On 4/13/2018 at 3:25 PM, Brisketexan said:

Unless and until we aren't.

The Titanic had a 90% chance of making it to NY just fine.  A lot had to go wrong for it to have a major incident, much less sink, killing a shitload of people.  A betting man would have bet on it reaching NY.

But a smart man would also know that we're not talking gambling odds, we're talking about the lives of thousands of people.  And when you're looking at THAT calculus, a 10% risk is an unacceptable risk.  That level of risk gets you this:

SN56_040612_hdr.jpg

The odds are very good that we survive to 2020.

But the odds that we don't (or that we take a beating -- in any number of ways) are higher than acceptable.

Shit, let's put it in terms that most men of a certain age can understand: in my youth, I drove drunk several times.  The odds were good that I made it home just fine.  Indeed, I did - never hurt myself or anyone else.  Even drunk drivers have a 98% chance of making it home just fine.

But today, with wisdom and experience behind me, I don't take even that 2% risk.  Because it's unacceptably high.  I call a fucking Uber.

This nation has a shithammered shitgibbon at the wheel.  You're telling us that there's a 98% chance he gets us home just fine.  I'm saying we should call a fucking Uber.  My position is right.  Yours is irresponsible.

We will survive well past 2020.  The question is whether irreversible damage is done by then.  If we’ve triggered a series of events that within the next 25-75 years inexorably sees us as a 2nd tier economic power, that sees us alone and isolated in the world with no allies or good will when we need them, that sees us a nation of idiots governed by idiots where Trump is the new normal, that sees the average city resemble Detroit more than Austin, that sees us no longer a land of opportunity but of economic or even racial birthright and that sees the world without a superpower rooted in freedom and democracy.

We’ll get to 2020, daily life won’t be radically changed, and the Trumpists will say “see, I told you so!  We’re all okay!  You’re welcome for the tax cut!”   But I’m not concerned about my life.  I’m worried about the life of my kids and their kids.  Whether or not America they inherit is worth the paper the Declaration of Independence was written upon.   Conscientious stewardship with a view beyond the next paycheck, beyond the next quarterly earnings report or beyond the next election cycle is a dying art in America.

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

That pretty much sums it up.

It’s really the increased inability of of our culture to see “the big picture” in many things.  Lots of contributing factors probably.  The desire for instant gratification “winning”.  The lightning speed at which our wants and needs are fulfilled through technology.  Our increasingly cubicle/pigeon holed existence in the economic structure which shield us off from having meaningful person to person interaction in the business world.  We should probably confront the fact that we’re becoming more like robots than we’d like to admit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s really the increased inability of of our culture to see “the big picture” in many things.  Lots of contributing factors probably.  The desire for instant gratification “winning”.  The lightning speed at which our wants and needs are fulfilled through technology.  Our increasingly cubicle/pigeon holed existence in the economic structure which shield us off from having meaningful person to person interaction in the business world.  We should probably confront the fact that we’re becoming more like robots than we’d like to admit.

football.  that's what is doing us in.  we've learned to accept despicable behavior and outright rot in our colleges and universities and that is spilling into the rest of our lives.

16 minutes ago, yaqdum said:

football.  that's what is doing us in.  we've learned to accept despicable behavior and outright rot in our colleges and universities and that is spilling into the rest of our lives.

There’s some parallels there for sure when it comes to the team mentality and winning at all costs.  

The difference is sports are just games that have an ending with a winner and loser.  Politics and life in general isn’t a game.  It never ends and has consequences that go beyond an election or a political party.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There’s some parallels there for sure when it comes to the team mentality and winning at all costs.  

The difference is sports are just games that have an ending with a winner and loser.  Politics and life in general isn’t a game.  It never ends and has consequences that go beyond an election or a political party.

Oh I'd disagree, our party system has made politics a game. It's been a game since long before we were a nation.  

If it weren't a game where winning was the goal, we wouldn't have had HRC or DJT as nominees in 2016.

The spoiler alert is they don't really care as long as they win. Tell me about how it's not a game again.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Oh I'd disagree, our party system has made politics a game. It's been a game since long before we were a nation.  

The spoiler alert is they don't really care as long as they win. Tell me about how it's not a game again.

Our party system is made up of people, you know, us.  We’ve made it a game and that’s the problem.  With enough political will, this can be changed.  Hopefully, a disaster like the Trump administration galvanizes the political will to correct course in the political party systems.

Time to start holding ourselves responsible and quit blaming others for the existing problems.

23 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Our party system is made up of people, you know, us.  We’ve made it a game and that’s the problem.  With enough political will, this can be changed.  Hopefully, a disaster like the Trump administration galvanizes the political will to correct course in the political party systems.

Time to start holding ourselves responsible and quit blaming others for the existing problems.

Yeah a fine thought (not original but a fine thought), but the reality is it is a game, and has been since long before "us". It's going to continue to be one long after us.

Our form of gov't because it has peaceful transfers of power, no military juntas, the lights come on the water is safe, the economy is stable makes us complacent.  We survive people like Trump and the Clintons, but it does wear on the psyche over time.

And to add to that you'd have been fine with a Clinton presidency that would have achieved a victory because of graft, corruption, complicity of a sitting admin, and outright lies. But that's ok cause its your team ?? 

Edited by Onboard 2.0

8 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And to add to that you'd have been fine with a Clinton presidency that achieved Would have achieved a victory because of graft, corruption, complicity of a sitting admin, and outright lies. But that's ok cause its your team ?? 

Why is it OK for Republicans?

13 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And to add to that you'd have been fine with a Clinton presidency that achieved Would have achieved a victory because of graft, corruption, complicity of a sitting admin, and outright lies. But that's ok cause its your team ?? 

Thank you for illustrating the exact problem I was describing.

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

It's not OK for either party in my opinion. And that was a comment directed at Hugo who plays partisan politics as much as anyone.

So do you. You support a president and a party that are as corrupt as any in history because of some retrograde notion of conservatism, an ideology that always loses.

Edited by David Dennison

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

It's not OK for either party in my opinion. And that was a comment directed at Hugo who plays partisan politics as much as anyone.

How do I play partisan politics?  Because I bash Trump and the GOP? They’re not conservatives anymore, everyone should be bashing them from all sides.  Democrats are plenty flawed too but they have no power so excuse me while I don’t give a fuck about them at the moment.

21 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah a fine thought (not original but a fine thought), but the reality is it is a game, and has been since long before "us". It's going to continue to be one long after us.

Our form of gov't because it has peaceful transfers of power, no military juntas, the lights come on the water is safe, the economy is stable makes us complacent.  We survive people like Trump and the Clintons, but it does wear on the psyche over time.

And to add to that you'd have been fine with a Clinton presidency that would have achieved a victory because of graft, corruption, complicity of a sitting admin, and outright lies. But that's ok cause its your team ?? 

Here's a wacky idea: while I might have seen her as the LESSER evil in the case of our two choices.....I wouldn't have been "fine with a Clinton presidency."

Again, back to my analogy -- give me a choice between drowning or lighting myself on fire, I choose lighting myself on fire as the LESS shitty choice.  But once I'm on fire, that doesn't mean I'm "fine with being on fire."  In fact, I'm really, really NOT fine with it.  I would immediately work to start putting that fire out.

You, on the other hand, SAY that you see fire as the "lesser of two evils" -- but then once you're on fire, you sit there and tell everyone "this is fine."  That's the idiocy and insanity that the rest of us don't get, and will never get.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Here's a wacky idea: while I might have seen her as the LESSER evil in the case of our two choices.....I wouldn't have been "fine with a Clinton presidency."

Again, back to my analogy -- give me a choice between drowning or lighting myself on fire, I choose lighting myself on fire as the LESS shitty choice.  But once I'm on fire, that doesn't mean I'm "fine with being on fire."  In fact, I'm really, really NOT fine with it.  I would immediately work to start putting that fire out.

You, on the other hand, SAY that you see fire as the "lesser of two evils" -- but then once you're on fire, you sit there and tell everyone "this is fine."  That's the idiocy and insanity that the rest of us don't get, and will never get.

And I will never support a presidential candidate who uses outright corruption, lies and illegal acts to attain the office of president.  Sorry if my morals offend you, but that precedent is not something I want to see normalized.

We allegedly don't, and can't reward people who game the system with the most important office in the world. I'd rather we were hurting for a time than to see it become the norm, and attract even more corrupt people (hard to see how we could given her history).

I see Trump as the lesser of two evils, which is corruption getting you the office of president if you have a complicit party in power disregarding your career corruption, and crimes so they can maintain party power and win at all costs.  

An analogy akin to your fire scenario, would be controlled burns to keep a small brush fire from becoming a conflagration

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And I will never support a presidential candidate who uses outright corruption, lies and illegal acts to attain the office of president.  Sorry if my morals offend you, but that precedent is not something I want to see normalized.

We allegedly don't, and can't reward people who game the system with the most important office in the world. I'd rather we were hurting for a time than to see it become the norm, and attract even more corrupt people (hard to see how we could given her history).

I see Trump as the lesser of two evils, which is corruption getting you the office of president if you have a complicit party in power disregarding your career corruption, and crimes so they can maintain party power and win at all costs.  

An analogy akin to your fire scenario, would be controlled burns to keep a small brush fire from becoming a conflagration

All you're saying is that the Democrats are more corrupt than the Republicans. The only reason you're saying that is because you ideologically align more with the GOP than with the Democratic Party. 

That's tribalism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

mostly i was tongue in chic, but there may be a fleck of truth behind it.  we do accept way too much crap in the service of our sports addictions.  i can't think that's good for us as hominids.

On 4/13/2018 at 6:59 PM, Chrispy said:

I still have no idea what your question was, but that’s fine. It’s time to feed the children and lay thy wife. Trump’s america is a beautiful thing, evening gents. 

Trump's America resembles Obama's America, but with a mewling adolescent orangutan as its leader and a trillion dollars more in debt. . 

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You support the most corrupt, dishonest and crooked president in history. If those really are your morals, you are completely ignorant and willfully obtuse if you continue to support Trump. 

43 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

are you pussies really dishing out neg in this thread? Jesus get ahold of yourselves 

I almost never neg in the CR, but that level of hypocrisy deserved it. Intentional ignorance and being willfully obtuse in order to blame your own foibles on someone else, should be called out. It's one of many things fucking this country in the ass. 

• Fuck You 1

On 4/13/2018 at 7:22 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The only thing I really care about with Mueller is his report on Russia. 

I want democracy to take care of Trump.

I don’t want Mueller to swoop in like some hero and save the Republic.  

I want America to take their democracy by the balls and shove it right in that fat fucks face.

Ummm... The Republic doesn’t need saving. You might want to think about seeking professional help.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/13/2018 at 1:52 PM, Brisketexan said:

But you put up zero argument or fight against Trump.  Zero.

You don't get to "both sides" when you lick the boots of one side like you do.

If Hillary had won, I'd be glad that a POS like Trump isn't our president...but I'd still have to deal with the fact that a POS like Hillary IS our president, and I'd have spoken out against every bit of bullshittery I expect she would have engaged in.

You say you've never said you're happy that Trump is president, but you've done nothing but gleefully bask in the glory of Trump.  You're a POS.  Just like your orange God.

Liar. If Hillary won, you’d be sucking her dick on here like it was your last meal.

• Like 1