Texas Women's Basketball 2020-2021 "A New Era"

LTtxfan

Just now, dcar00 said:

IMO, she moves better without the ball but that 4th on Collier was BS.

Oh 1000%. But she’s really not demanding the ball considering her size. And got blocked by a 6’1 player when she has a clear lane 

I apparently missed a few calls while I was out fucking around.

But ho-lay shit.  Vic took this team to a S16.  Just a phenomenal coaching job by Vic and staff. I’m happy.  This weekend will be a blowout, I do believe, but Texas has something to go recruit and build on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

I apparently missed a few calls while I was out fucking around.

But ho-lay shit.  Vic took this team to a S16.  Just a phenomenal coaching job by Vic and staff. I’m happy.  This weekend will be a blowout, I do believe, but Texas has something to go recruit and build on. 

100% it would take a monster miracle to beat MD. But what a coaching job. He knows what he’s doing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

A Sweet 16 with this roster? Without much from your best player? Impressive

When we blew that big lead at home to OU, I was like, this team will be lucky to win a game as a 7 seed. 

Phenomenal coaching on the women side. If Vic had a roster full of talent like Shaka did; we’d be a Final Four team 

Edited by Js1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Didn’t lose his composure at the second half officiating, kept coaching and working the refs.  Girls had a few clutch 3s each time the lead for down to 9 or 10. 

I did lip read a spitting tirade that seemed to include “every fucking call” but he regained composure and his team never lost it for sure. 

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Didn’t lose his composure at the second half officiating, kept coaching and working the refs.  Girls had a few clutch 3s each time the lead for down to 9 or 10. 

Yup. Every time it looked like UCLA was going to make a bigger run, Celeste or JAT or Ebo seemed to hit a shot. Lambert kept them steady 

Edited by Js1

4 minutes ago, jinx said:

I did lip read a spitting tirade that seemed to include “every fucking call” but he regained composure and his team never lost it for sure. 

Ref friend told me Vic is a cussing sailor on the sidelines.  I was like “weird, because all he posts on twitter are bible verses.”

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ve been watching this team occasionally this year and following this thread the whole time. What a fun game. The refs predictably tried to work UCLA back into the game for the second half, but it was never in doubt. 

It’s crazy how soft Collier is in big games. Good lord. Congrats to the team though. Terrific. 

2 fun-ish storylines for Maryland:

Katie Benzan committed to Texas as a grad transfer from Harvard but backed out after Vic was hired 

Chloe Bibby transferred from MSU to Maryland the day after Vic left 

Edited by Js1