2020 Texas Volleyball (Hopefully)

LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I think Sun's biggest issue is no killer instinct. She just checks out of matches mentally.

Today was a great example. While she was effective at the service line she was a non factor on the pins. 

Def was a knock on her at Texas too.  Passive and didn’t take over matches the way Micaya would. Logan came in and did all of that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Def was a knock on her at Texas too.  Passive and didn’t take over matches the way Micaya would. Logan came in and did all of that. 

I hate to say it but she's mentally soft. 

There were several times in matches at Texas where Elliott would yell at Sun on the sidelines and you could tell she was about to cry. Talented player but some players don't have that other stuff that makes you great.  

Edited by texasstrong12

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Did Lexi badmouth our program on the way out?

"Choosing poorly" would not seem to include making it to the national championship game in 2018.  Of course, living in Nebraska over Texas is the definition of choosing poorly.

I don’t recall. No hard feelings. She’s just not an elite player, mentally.  She’s a regular season warrior but has not shown up in the tournament. 

I remember Elliot said as much (no hard feelings) - we joke, but we truly do just want Lexi to be happy. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Did Lexi badmouth our program on the way out?

"Choosing poorly" would not seem to include making it to the national championship game in 2018.  Of course, living in Nebraska over Texas is the definition of choosing poorly.

I don't think there's been anything officially said or in social media from Lexi. Most of the glee from the Horns fans today are more in response to the Internet trolls and some Nebraska fans who repeatedly said things like "We just want Lexi to be happy" four years ago.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Wisconsin is all out of sorts. 

Florida started slow but could easily be up 2-0 based on the last 1.25 sets 

Also just further proof Logan should be NPOY when that’s announced on Friday 

Edited by Js1

19 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Both Whisky and Gata are good...  TEXAS gonna have their hands full with either team on Thursday night

Both teams hitting below .170 currently.  Don’t think either could handle our firepower.  We hit .336 against Nebraska and .353 against PSU

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Js1 said:

Both teams hitting below .170 currently.  Don’t think either could handle our firepower.  We hit .336 against Nebraska and .353 against PSU

Florida is good but Wisconsin is playing about as bad as they can possibly play. 

We would definitely prefer to play Florida so let's hope this continues. 

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

Florida is good but Wisconsin is playing about as bad as they can possibly play. 

We would definitely prefer to play Florida so let's hope this continues. 

Possibly Hilley’s worst match as a Badger. Mediocre setting for the #1 seed 

• Like 1