Black people arrested for sitting in a Starbucks

Pancho

Just now, Chrispy said:

Raising your children and setting an example is not saying words, it’s an action. 

You said there is a full blown crisis in the black community. Besides just telling black men they should stick around and raise their kids, how do you propose we as a society go about getting them to do it?

23 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Thanks BT, I missed out on this one. I have to ask anyone who says this if they're fucking 15 years old, because people were losing their shit over how the TSA was acting post-9/11.

Why do you have to ask that? What’s the significance? I was 22. 

You’re probably right. What do I know about the inner working of the travel industry?

44 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

No, I gave a response as to why the black community aren’t afforded the same opportunities as whites. The answer is actually very simple, black fathers need to stick around after insemination.

When 70% of Black babies are born out of wedlock, that’s a full blown crisis. Funny how white politicians won’t touch it with a ten foot pole. Gee, I wonder why? Yeah, I’m the one out of touch. Get a grip. 

15 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Fathers sticking around and raising their children, pretty simple formula. 

Ahh, yes, this pretending by those Conservatives/Republicans that blacks are facing a crisis due to the out of wedlock birth rate, and the perception that you really believe it's a crises when you don't.  And ahhh, fucking yes, this MYTH  of the absent black fathers perpetuated by Conservatives/Republicans and the reason that white politicians won't talk about it because who the fuck knows.  White politicians wont' discuss it because a.) it's false and b.) they don't care....just like you don't care but you're trying to give the perception that you do by speaking about it here. 

But, let's take a look, shall we?

Here are a few websites and videos you and your friends should read and watch:

1.) from https://thinkprogress.org/the-myth-of-the-absent-black-father-ecc4e961c2e8/

08dUoZMZ3GR3QpeER.png?w=490&crop=0,0px,1

3. https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/01/10/the-dangerous-myth-of-the-missing-black-father/?utm_term=.edfd4d9ecd1d

The thinking goes like this: The high rates of poverty and incarceration and low levels of educational achievement in black communities can be traced in part back to the high number of black babies born out of wedlock and subsequently raised in single-mother homes. It’s a patriarchal twist on the mythological magical Negro. Black fathers could supposedly stem the devastating effects of oppression imposed from the classroom to the workplace to the court system. If black men just showed up in the homes of their children — acted like men instead of boys — black families and communities would fortify themselves and our long-held problems would simply wither away.

And there are other problems with romanticizing the family structure. Black nuclear families have been torn apart since the days of slavery, and since then we have also reimagined the family structure. Where the biological parents haven’t been available, aunts and uncles, grandmothers and grandfathers, and a host of family friends and play cousins have stepped in to do the work of raising children. Today, as prison removes more and more black men from their homes, we do the same.

To say that these other family formations are inherently deficient because there isn’t a father is to say no one else is capable of providing adequate love to a child, while also teaching the children who grow up without that idealized nuclear-family model that their lives are somehow wrong. Raised to believe that they missed something vital, it’s no surprise if children without fathers in their homes have more behavioral problems. And that families with women-led households are more likely to live in poverty speaks less to the necessity of fathers and more to the fact that a single income is no longer sufficient to support a family in this country, that our economy undervalues the work of women and that outside child care is a prohibitively expensive luxury. An economic shift to real living wages for women’s labor and a total societal investment in the well-being of all children would solve a number of the problems we think are only alleviated by fathers.

4. https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/08/opinion/charles-blow-black-dads-are-doing-the-best-of-all.html

Josh Levs points this out in his new book, “All In,” in a chapter titled “How Black Dads Are Doing Best of All (But There’s Still a Crisis).” One fact that Levs quickly establishes is that most black fathers in America live with their children: “There are about 2.5 million black fathers living with their children and about 1.7 million living apart from them.”

“So then,” you may ask, “how is it that 72 percent of black children are born to single mothers? How can both be true?”

Good question.

Here are two things to consider:

First, there are a growing number of people who live together but don’t marry. Those mothers are still single, even though the child’s father may be in the home. And, as The Washington Post reported last year:

“The share of unmarried couples who opted to have ‘shotgun cohabitations’ — moving in together after a pregnancy — surpassed ‘shotgun marriages’ for the first time during the last decade, according to a forthcoming paper from the National Center for Health Statistics, part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.”

Furthermore, a 2013 C.D.C. report found that black and Hispanic women are far more likely to experience a pregnancy during the first year of cohabitation than white and Asian women.

Second, some of these men have children by more than one woman, but they can only live in one home at a time. This phenomenon means that a father can live with some but not all of his children. Levs calls these men “serial impregnators,” but I think something more than promiscuity and irresponsibility are at play here.

5. https://www.vox.com/2015/6/21/8820537/black-fathers-day

But as Josh Levs pointed out in his new book All In, 2.5 million of 4.2 million black fathers — or about 59.5 percent — live with their children. Levs's numbers suggest that it's not true, as the CDC figures suggests, that 71.5 percent of black dads are absent from their homes — but rather that many of them are simply unmarried.

Still, the same CDC data shows black men are nearly three times as likely as white men to have at least one child they don't live with — but Blow pointed to policy-driven issues that may be driving the disparity. For example, a previous report by Justin Wolfers, David Leonhardt, and Kevin Quealy for the New York Times found there are 100 black women not in jail or prison for every 83 non-incarcerated black men. So mass incarceration has actually drained 1.5 million black men — many of whom are young and of marrying age — from their communities, making it more difficult for black women to find committed partners of the same race.

All of the data paints a more nuanced view of black fatherhood than the stereotypes suggest. It's not an issue of laziness, inability to commit to family, or another inherent flaw in black culture, as some people may suggest. There are real systemic issues at play — and most black fathers do seem to be trying make the future bright for their kids.

• Like 6

Forgot to add:  

I'm a black male.

First in the family to get a Masters, and come next year will be the first to get a Doctorate. 

My father is still married to my mom.  They were high school sweethearts, and they are doing on nearly 40 years now.  All uncles are still the lives of their children, even though they may be divorced from my aunts. And even then only 1 is divorced.  The other aunts/uncles are still together.  It's like that on both sides of my family. 

So yeah, this whole idea about absent fathers in the black community is what's wrong with the black community is nothing more than a dumbass Fox news talking point that the right/conservatives/republicans think they can give that will give the perception they care about blacks and black issues.  

I'll see myself out as I'm trying to make cacio e pepe for the first time. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You said there is a full blown crisis in the black community. Besides just telling black men they should stick around and raise their kids, how do you propose we as a society go about getting them to do it?

First, you would have to get them to acknowledge the problem, good luck with that. If you’re not a part of the black community you’ll be labeled a racist, so nothing will get done policy wise. No, it’s good ol’ fashioned personal responsibility and education, that’s the only way. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Chrispy said:

First, you would have to get them to acknowledge the problem, good luck with that. If you’re not a part of the black community you’ll be labeled a racist, so nothing will get done policy wise. No, it’s good ol’ fashioned personal responsibility and education, that’s the only way. 

You don't propose any policy, you just want to scold.

That's so white of you.

12 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Ahh, yes, this pretending by those Conservatives/Republicans that blacks are facing a crisis due to the out of wedlock birth rate, and the perception that you really believe it's a crises when you don't.  And ahhh, fucking yes, this MYTH  of the absent black fathers perpetuated by Conservatives/Republicans and the reason that white politicians won't talk about it because who the fuck knows.  White politicians wont' discuss it because a.) it's false and b.) they don't care....just like you don't care but you're trying to give the perception that you do by speaking about it here. 

But, let's take a look, shall we?

Here are a few websites and videos you and your friends should read and watch:

1.) from https://thinkprogress.org/the-myth-of-the-absent-black-father-ecc4e961c2e8/

08dUoZMZ3GR3QpeER.png?w=490&crop=0,0px,1

3. https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/01/10/the-dangerous-myth-of-the-missing-black-father/?utm_term=.edfd4d9ecd1d

4. https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/08/opinion/charles-blow-black-dads-are-doing-the-best-of-all.html

5. https://www.vox.com/2015/6/21/8820537/black-fathers-day

Case in point David Dennison, case in point. This is just another myth to keep the black man down. 

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Forgot to add:  

I'm a black male.

First in the family to get a Masters, and come next year will be the first to get a Doctorate. 

My father is still married to my mom.  They were high school sweethearts, and they are doing on nearly 40 years now.  All uncles are still the lives of their children, even though they may be divorced from my aunts. And even then only 1 is divorced.  The other aunts/uncles are still together.  It's like that on both sides of my family. 

So yeah, this whole idea about absent fathers in the black community is what's wrong with the black community is nothing more than a dumbass Fox news talking point that the right/conservatives/republicans think they can give that will give the perception they care about blacks and black issues.  

I'll see myself out as I'm trying to make cacio e pepe for the first time. 

No, you see, all your problems are due to genetic inferiority.

5 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Case in point David Dennison, case in point. This is just another myth to keep the black man down. 

Yep, that's right. Don't address any of the data or his points, just throw out half-witted non sequiturs. Fucking idiot.

Edited by Brian Fantana

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Yep, that's right. Don't address any of the data or his points, just throw out half-witted non sequitur. Fucking idiot.

Look up high school graduation rates, poverty rates, and incarceration rates, pretty simple explanation really.  I would love to see the black community excel, but the onus is really on them. 

1 minute ago, Chrispy said:

Oh, Obama is an entire community? 

No, racist, he is not. He is a member of his community, and a fairly prominent one at that, and his message about the importance of fatherhood is common in the black community, as it is in all communities of people, a category of which blacks are an equal part.

If you don't like being called racist and having your racist suppositions disproven by data and evidence, you should stop saying racist things.

Multiple instances of your ignorant racism already, and given the racist white person's sensitivity to being criticized, I am anticipating some more from you as you react.

Sitting back and pretending it’s whitey holding them down is the least effective solution, but it makes everyone feel better. 

First, you would have to get them to acknowledge the problem, good luck with that.

Keep it flowing, racist.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

No, racist, he is not. He is a member of his community, and a fairly prominent one at that, and his message about the importance of fatherhood is common in the black community, as it is in all communities of people, a category of which blacks are an equal part.

If you don't like being called racist and having your racist suppositions disproven by data and evidence, you should stop saying racist things.

Multiple instances of your ignorant racism already, and given the racist white person's sensitivity to being criticized, I am anticipating some more from you as you react.

Sitting back and pretending it’s whitey holding them down is the least effective solution, but it makes everyone feel better. 

First, you would have to get them to acknowledge the problem, good luck with that.

Keep it flowing, racist.

You call everyone racist, it means virtually nothing coming from you. 

2 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

You call everyone racist, it means virtually nothing coming from you. 

I don't call everyone racist. I call racists racist. Unlike both-sides centrists and libs, I'm not scared of racists scolding people for calling them racist.

Say racist shit, get called a racist.

Political vlogger Bryan Sharpe, AKA "Hotep Jesus," filmed himself walking into a Starbucks and demanding free "reparations" coffee from a white barista in light of recent allegedly racist incidents involving black men at two of the company's stores. Sharpe did indeed receive the free coffee and the video quickly went viral online. In Twitter postings, Sharpe implored other black folks to tape themselves demanding free coffee, too, as part of the "#StarbucksChallenge."

Sharpe's stunt, however, was not done to get free things by virtue of his skin tone and encourage others "entitled" to do the same, but to highlight how "white guilt" and "black privilege" got him free coffee, which, he says, is actually racist.

He also noted the potent "business" aspect to modern ostensibly anti-racism movements. 

“Racism is a business," Sharpe told The Blaze. "Thanks to the ridiculousness of BLM activists, it’s the new publicity stunt — and I think I just proved it.”

Prefacing the event, Sharpe says at the top of the video that he's about to go inside the Starbucks located behind him and get his "free coffee." He was apparently confident the white guilt at any liberal Starbucks would be abundant.

“I heard y’all was racist, so I came to get my, um, free coffee,” he tells a white barista named Amanda.

“I saw that!” says the young Starbucks employee, quickly adding that it was "not our store!"

“Yeah, I heard you guys don’t like black people, so I came to get my Starbucks reparations voucher,” Sharpe tells her.

Of course, the white Starbucks worker happily complies. "I'll give you a free coffee," she says.

“That’s what I’m talking about! This is justice,” Sharpe rejoices. “This is justice. This is what I’m talking about.”

"Black lives matter," he says, clearly now just trolling the hell out of her.

"Yes, they do!" she predictably responds.

"Black privilege gets me free coffee. I love racism. Only in America," posted Sharpe, adding a #StarbucksChallenge hashtag to another tweet.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29607/viral-video-black-man-demanding-free-reparations-amanda-prestigiacomo

15 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

This idiot hypothesis has been debunked. Back your claims up with data. 

Um, no. Simply google the number of black children born to unmarried mothers in 2017. I believe it’s around 77%, that’s nothing short of disastrous. 

Do you know any black people or are you just watching shitty TV to get your talking points?

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Simply address the data in Pancho's post. 

Any piece of data that suggests the nuclear family isn’t important or is the fault of systematic racism is nonsense. You don’t interpret that as actual data do you? 

58 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

I'll address the first two points (the infographic above and the video). They both seem to use the same statistics.

Help me understand this: Black fathers who live with their children are more likely to be highly involved with their children than other fathers who live with their children. Likewise, black fathers who don't live with their children are more likely to be involved than other fathers who don't live with their children. What does that have to do with the "myth of the absent black father?" It doesn't address the central point, which is the size of the populations of fathers living with their children. It tells that absent black fathers are more involved than other absent fathers, but it doesn't tell us how many absent fathers we're talking about.

So how is this some great rebuttal to the absent father issue?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mole said:

I'll address the first two points (the infographic above and the video). They both seem to use the same statistics.

Help me understand this: Black fathers who live with their children are more likely to be highly involved with their children than other fathers who live with their children. Likewise, black fathers who don't live with their children are more likely to be involved than other fathers who don't live with their children. What does that have to do with the "myth of the absent black father?" It doesn't address the central point, which is the size of the populations of fathers living with their children. It tells that absent black fathers are more involved than other absent fathers, but it doesn't tell us how many absent fathers we're talking about.

Hint: it’s not. 

Also, he mentions he came from a two parent household and is very successful. Only further proving my point of the importance of fathers. 

Edited by Chrispy

That’s the problem with you’re thinking, sometimes policies don’t fix problems. 
Sure they do. Post depression housing policies helped lift white people out poverty and created wealth, the middle class, and destinations of commerce. Only problem is those purposefully prevented black people from taking part and now, 80 years later, people like you look back and ask what's the problem with black people.

1 minute ago, Chrispy said:

Any piece of data that suggests the nuclear family isn’t important or is the fault of systematic racism is nonsense. You don’t interpret that as actual data do you? 

I interpret the data as data. And I interpret your repeated failure to address it as an inability to explain how your argument survives it. 

3 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:
57 minutes ago, Chrispy said:
That’s the problem with you’re thinking, sometimes policies don’t fix problems. 

Sure they do. Post depression housing policies helped lift white people out poverty and created wealth, the middle class, and destinations of commerce. Only problem is those purposefully prevented black people from taking part and now, 80 years later, people like you look back and ask what's the problem with black people.

Deflection. That has nothing to do with black fathers abandoning their responsibly in droves. 

4 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I interpret the data as data. And I interpret your repeated failure to address it as an inability to explain how your argument survives it. 

I addressed it, they blame systemic racism. Which is the wrong answer. 

3 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Deflection. That has nothing to do with black fathers abandoning their responsibly in droves. 

The evidence he provided shows that isn't happening at a rate different from other races.

I addressed it, they blame systemic racism. Which is the wrong answer. 

Who is "they"? What evidence do you have that "they" are doing that?

The Washington Post just declared it a myth without anything really to back it up. The New York Times column also hinges on the same "living with fathers" data.

Setting aside the blame issue (I find it hard to argue against the premise that black males have walked a tougher road than most), those articles were put forth as rebuttals to the "myth of the absent black father." Yet none of the articles actually address the point they claim to. What does the CDC "living with fathers" have to do with the issue?

18 minutes ago, Mole said:

To take it a step further, our own 2016 census www.census.gov (see table C3 line 34) indicates that 59.48% of African American children do not live with both parents married or not.  (only 25.16% of not AA children live in the same circumstance)

In the age of the internet you can find stats to back up any argument.  

Edited by SDG

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The evidence he provided shows that isn't happening at a rate different from other races.

Who is "they"? What evidence do you have that "they" are doing that?

The evidence is incorrect and “they” refers to the nonsensical article he attached. 

Anyway, the wife and kids are home now and I have to do my evening responsibilities. Life is good when you’re living right, good evening gents. 

Just now, SDG said:

To take it a step further, out own 2016 census www.census.gov (see table C3 line 34) indicates that 59.48% of African American children do not live with both parents married or not.  (only 25.16% of not AA children live in the same circumstance)

In the age of the internet you can find stats for any argument.  

And until you identify why that is, you are left arguing that it's because black men are deficient in some way. That is a racist argument.

Actually it does. Dense impoverishment always breeds human dysfunction which manifest itself in a myriad of ways. In parts of eastern Europe it breeds higher rates of prostitution. In India it shows itself in high incidents of rape. In the American black population higher rates of out of wedlock pregnancy. Regardless the same holds true, dense impoverishment breeds behavioral dysfunction among that population. The issue here is American policy made certain that a disproportionate % of the black population would reside in densely impoverished areas. This shit ain't rocket science.

2 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:
19 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Actually it does. Dense impoverishment always breeds human dysfunction which manifest itself in a myriad of ways. In parts of eastern Europe it breeds higher rates of prostitution. In India it shows itself in high incidents of rape. In the American black population higher rates of out of wedlock pregnancy. Regardless the same holds true, dense impoverishment breeds behavioral dysfunction among that population. The issue here is American policy made certain that a disproportionate % of the black population would reside in densely impoverished areas. This shit ain't rocket science.

You’re right, it isn’t. Pull out or man up, pretty simple.