2018 MMA discussion

ajax

30 minutes ago, Dropout said:

Good for him. If anyone needed any further proof what this means to Khabib there you have it. Your move Dana.

I'll admit that I don't know much about this guy. But it struck me as odd that McGregor had such a big-time fight after not fighting, except for that farce of a boxing match, for two years.

They have to stop the drift into WWE.

8 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I'll admit that I don't know much about this guy. But it struck me as odd that McGregor had such a big-time fight after not fighting, except for that farce of a boxing match, for two years.

They have to stop the drift into WWE.

Hah they are going there on purpose. WME bought it from Fertitta.

On 10/7/2018 at 2:50 PM, Eastwood said:

Lol at people scrambling for moral high ground between these two. Chain of events:

Hype for this fight had been brewing for a while and members of Conor's camp talk some personal shit on Khabib. - wrong

Khabib and crew corner and surround Conor's training partner Artem and Khabib slaps him in the face because he was talking shit about Khabib. He got a little personal with it, sure, but Khabib put his hands on him. - wrong

Conor was supposedly coming to the fight that weekend, anyway, to work out a contract for the Khabib fight, but upon hearing of the slap, loads up he, his best mates, and his best kilo of blow onto a private jet and immediately shows up to the arena during a media event and throws a dolly through the window of the bus that Khabib is riding on, sending glass into one fighter's eye and cutting another fighter's face. Neither fighter had anything to do with it. - wrong

Khabib fights an almost perfect fight against one of the most dangerous fighters in UFC history and gets baited into the crowd by one of Conor's coaches. Khabib goes over the top of the cage and jumps feet first into the dude. - wrong

At this point, why keep track? There are no heroes here. We can go back and forth with the sticks and stones/talk shit get hit argument all day long. Be my guest. But the real shame is that all of this should have been handled in the cage. None of the above should happen. Let the fighters do the talking, keep the contact in the ring. Instead of two professional athletes putting themselves to the test in the most ancient of all competitions, we get a tweaker and an emotional child. Damn shame.

They knew the fight itself wasn't going to grab headlines or keep any hype going. It was boring and predictable. Looked like Conor was spooked from the staredown in the center of the ring he wasn't even looking at Khabib. He didnt do his pre fight squatting and stretching. He threw zero leg kicks, just lazy push kicks low. He was pretty much gassed from round 2 on.

To keep any type of hype going for the UFC they went full WWF - the announcer actually screamed ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE! Each and every headline was about the post fight brawl. Sad shit.

Now they didnt have a main event for November so they got Derrick Lewis to fight DC, right after he said he doesn't want to fight for the title - less than a month of recovery and 3 week camp.

Where is Stipe? Probably telling Dana to eat shit after defending his title 4 times, then losing and getting called a piece of shit by a roid monkey pro wrassler with no teeth - Bork.

Some serious "mixed martial arts"

Brock-Lesnar-Daniel-Cormier.jpg

On 10/10/2018 at 12:38 PM, VinyVango said:

Was really looking forward to seeing Nate back in the octagon.  Not a big fan of the Derrick Lewis v Cormier matchup.  His "fight" with N'Gannou was abysmal.  He needs to be thrown in with Dos Santos, Blaydes, or Stipe to show he is serious about the sport. 

I wish Lewis would do a little cardio prep and/or get his back fixed, and show a little desire to up his game.  He has a + puncher's chance in every fight and can take a beating, but has zero gas in his tank and plods around like every step is chore.  It's a miracle he even passes a physical exam prior to his fights.  

I think it's kind of an act. He was blinded by a punch and touching his face and actually got the Russian to lay off lol. The ref was like "fight on". He just hangs out in the ring to get the opponent to think he is totally gassed then step into his range and eat one of those bombs.

I would LOVE if black beast KOs DC, then they setup the rematch and trilogy. Finally DC can have his rivalry he cried about after the second beating from JJ.

Just now, spystud13 said:

Does anyone on this thread remember a single Zavala post before last week? 

You can read about Stipe here. 

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/24944868/stipe-miocic-says-told-ufc-fight-daniel-cormier-ufc-230

Feel free to put me on ignore if you would like.

That no rematch for Stipe is wack. 4 title defenses then gets KO in round one and leap frogged by a guy that says he doesn't want to fight for the title and fought only month previously. Wouldn't be surprised if this fight fizzles out because one of them pulls out.

Anybody got any guesses about when Tony or Lee are going to get a title shot? They seem to be gettin screwed by Dana/Khabib/Conor.

8 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Khabib ain't much of a draw and him being out of the UFC makes the path to McGregor being a champion again much clearer. And McGregor as champion is HUGE money for the UFC.

Normally I'm as anti-Dana as they come, but in this case if I was him...

giphy.gif

I think he wants no part of Tony or Lee. Also, he has probably done too much blow and drank too much to ever get back into real fighting shape.

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

He has a better chance against Tony or Lee than Khabib.

Yeah. I also think Lee has the best chance against Khabib then Tony, but both can wrestlefuck with the best of them so they have a chance. Ragin' Al took em 5 rounds.

Think the UFC is trying to have it both ways and I think they can. They want the WWE style entertainment but also want the best fighters in the world. I’d expect Dana to let this all go bc Dana is about the money. If arguably the best MMA fighter in the world isn’t on your roster how can you claim to be the best promotion? Khabib is a draw now and that will only continue to grow especially if he takes this unbeaten streak any further.

Reading probably a year suspension for Khabib by the NSAC. Would this suspension mean he can’t fight in Nevada but could elsewhere?

I just saw highlights of the Chael Fedor fight. Why did Chael try to flip Fedor when he was turtled? It's not a fucking Jiu-Jitsu match. Even if successful being back mounted but on the bottom is a terrible position for MMA. It's much better to continue to ride and strike from the top.

Chael is a wrestler. He should know this

11 hours ago, ajax said:

Da fuq Conor. That's embarassing. Looks like he prepared as much for that pass as he did for the Khabib fight.

Were people surprised though?  These dudes are embarassing outside their sport.... his jumper looks worse than Lonzo's

On 10/16/2018 at 5:11 PM, spystud13 said:

And of course Khabib is hollering at Floyd now. 

Eddie Alvarez signed with One Championship. Congrats, we’ll never hear from you again. 

He will probably become the champ there, unless his chin was fully deleted by Gay cheese and Peahead.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/25072200/ufc-one-championship-close-finalizing-first-major-mma-trade

Looks like the UFC is phasing out the 125 division. Cujedo is fighting Dillashaw, Sergio Pettis moved up to 135. Ship off Mighty Mouse and flush the rest. I think Askren is a weirdo but I'm interested to see how he does in the UFC. 

• Like 2

Ben Askrin just got traded ? ??? from ONE championship to the WWE for Demarious Johnson?

Maybe they will delete the ultimate manlet division and create a new division somewhere up higher because that would be better for the sport anyway.

Edited by Zavala

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Askren and the UFC/Dana have a long relationship of retardation. Kinda shocked he is finally gonna be with UFC.

Good riddance to MM. I'm sure he's a great dude, but I've always given 0 fucks about that division

He got hosed on that decision, but the WWE script was to get rid of the division all along. 

10 minutes ago, Scraps said:
On 10/16/2018 at 2:22 PM, Zavala said:
Black Beast by KO in round 2

Nice call

heh

I'm downloading now, haven't looked at the outcome. I LOVE me some black beast, but I'm assuming you are being sarcastic?