2018 MMA discussion

ajax

7 hours ago, Scraps said:

Zavala you seem like a big bitch. You whine like a cocksucker. You dont like the sport, yet you slurped on Conor for this fight.

Fuck off already dumbass. I wish you were here right now so i could choke you out with my cock down your throat bitch

Okie dokie internet tough guy. 

Let's see if they ever even pay khabib for this fight or get a main event for the next card in less than a month. It's turned into pro wrasslin since it was bought by pro wrasslin.

• Fuck You 1

Found the aftermath on youtube.

Look, I get why Khabib and his camp were pissed.  But that was some disgraceful shit, especially the guy in the red who jumped in and attacked Conor from behind.  If y'all want to go after Conor, you don't do it when he just fought for 20 minutes and you don't go after him with numbers.  That's cowardly shit.

And Khabib jumping into the crowd was even worse.  What they all bitched about was Conor attacking a bus with women on it - well, there were women in that crowd, too.

That was nothing more than a bunch of professional athletes acting like the thug trash that fights at Denny's at 3:00 am.

• Like 1

The guy in red jumped in because his teammate was getting attacked by Conor, not the other way around.  

And watch the reverse angle on Khabib. He jumped at and went after one specific person.  He didn't hurl a 30 lb piece of metal toward a crowd without regard for who it injured.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DigDug said:

The guy in red jumped in because his teammate was getting attacked by Conor, not the other way around.  

And watch the reverse angle on Khabib. He jumped at and went after one specific person.  He didn't hurl a 30 lb piece of metal toward a crowd without regard for who it injured.  

The guy in red threw multiple punches at Conor from behind.  There's no defending his actions.

And I get that Khabib was going after Conor's JJ coach.  But it still could've gotten innocent people hurt.

10 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

The guy in red threw multiple punches at Conor from behind.  There's no defending his actions.

And I get that Khabib was going after Conor's JJ coach.  But it still could've gotten innocent people hurt.

I do agree on the red guy swinging on someone from behind is complete bullshit.  I think he started in and saw Conor swing on his partner and reacted. Really really bad decision.

Honor culture vs Promoter

It happened. Time to get over it, especially if it didn’t spill into the fans in the streets overnight. 

Khabib was ready to go again  and could fill the next card. 

Tony Ferguson looked really really good.

Help me GSP-Wan, you’re my only hope.

Edited by JohnnyRage
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Anyone have a link to the fight. I was too damn tired from driving up to the ou sucks game and back to stay up. I saw some highlights, but like to see it all.

Hahaha someone said Royce Gracie and “classy” in the same sentence. That is pretty fucking funny.

I was really chuckling on that one. Royce Gracie "classy", lol. 

4 hours ago, SameSame said:

However legit or stupid this is, I think it's hilarious.   Notice the chick on the right, don't give a damn, goes right after that dropped money.

Wait, what?  Please tell me thats a joke and that douche really didn't think he was going to scare somebody.

1 hour ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Why did Khabib go after that guy specifically? Had he said something in the past?

I think it was something along the lines of he and Khabib having had words before Khabib's last fight and almost getting into a fight which turned into Conor going after the bus which turned into all of this.

Let's see if they ever even pay khabib for this fight or get a main event for the next card in less than a month. It's turned into pro wrasslin since it was bought by pro wrasslin.

You do realize that one of the big players in turning this into "pro wrasslin" is the dude you were slurping on right? Get a clue.
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Scraps said:

You do realize that one of the big players in turning this into "pro wrasslin" is the dude you were slurping on right? Get a clue.

I agree, and no, I wasn't slurping on him. He's been a drug addict since the first Diaz fight, dude made a ton of money and started doing too much blow. He also was constantly cheating on his wife. Still, his antics are all the UFC really has right now to make waves and sell PPVs. Maybe the sport cant get turned around, but it's looking like if the fight is going to be a boring sambo style match, they will have to keep doing fake pro wrasslin shit to keep people interested. The backstage bus drama and the "brawl" after the fight both looked like WWE shit.

Edit: just saw the drake shit. Is he also a WME sports entertainment talent? just curious. 

Edited by Zavala

2 hours ago, Zavala said:

By far the larger portion of Khabib's payout comes from the pay-per view buys.  He will no doubt get that once the numbers come in and everything is verified and organized. 

His $2M purse is being withheld pending the Nevada Athletic Commission's investigation.  I personally think he'll get that as well, but that is up in the air.

Edited by AbeFroman

This is hilarious to me. There was never a time where it looked like Conor had a shot except maybe the third round where Khabib was a bit gassed from whipping his ass in the 2nd round that he stood with him in the 3rd. Even then Conor's punches weren't fazing him at all. If Khabib is even allowed to fight again Conor should have to climb the ladder a bit to get another shot, but Dana White is such a pussy he'll probably give Conor a rematch.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

This is hilarious to me. There was never a time where it looked like Conor had a shot except maybe the third round where Khabib was a bit gassed from whipping his ass in the 2nd round that he stood with him in the 3rd. Even then Conor's punches weren't fazing him at all. If Khabib is even allowed to fight again Conor should have to climb the ladder a bit to get another shot, but Dana White is such a pussy he'll probably give Conor a rematch.

Probably whatever makes the most money - Conor. I think Lee and Tony have the best chance against Khabib. Wonder what they are going to do with the winner of Poririer and Diaz?

3 hours ago, Nonbryan said:

Ditto!  Any link is appreciated!

4 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Anyone have a link to the fight. I was too damn tired from driving up to the ou sucks game and back to stay up. I saw some highlights, but like to see it all.

Hahaha someone said Royce Gracie and “classy” in the same sentence. That is pretty fucking funny.

This works for now, hopefully stays up

Watch "Khabib Nurmagomedov VS Conor McGregor FULL Fight [HD]" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/CZiWm40mg7Q

• Like 1

3 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Why did Khabib go after that guy specifically? Had he said something in the past?

One of Khabib's Russian compatriots send something during an internet interview that probably wasn't a huge deal, but Khabib took it personal. Before his Interim Belt title shot, Khabib confronted countrymen in the hallways days before the fight. He let him know in a very personal way, talk shit to my face and we will settle it man to man. Don't be an internet bitch because I will find you.

Compatriot was somehow connected to Connor via training or crew. Connor, possibly gacked up, flew on a private jet with his goons from Ireland to the UFC event. Bus melee ensues. UFC can't help themselves give Connor a title shot just months later.

Very personal promotion by McGreagor, he can't help himself. Khabib gives 0 fucks, sometimes life is life and death and he's ok with that. He is in the hands of God.

At least that is my casual understanding.

Edited by JohnnyRage

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

After watching from different angle I was wrong on guy in Black shirt not swinging at Conor.  He definitely threw a big right hook at Conor.  

Lol at people scrambling for moral high ground between these two. Chain of events:

Hype for this fight had been brewing for a while and members of Conor's camp talk some personal shit on Khabib. - wrong

Khabib and crew corner and surround Conor's training partner Artem and Khabib slaps him in the face because he was talking shit about Khabib. He got a little personal with it, sure, but Khabib put his hands on him. - wrong

Conor was supposedly coming to the fight that weekend, anyway, to work out a contract for the Khabib fight, but upon hearing of the slap, loads up he, his best mates, and his best kilo of blow onto a private jet and immediately shows up to the arena during a media event and throws a dolly through the window of the bus that Khabib is riding on, sending glass into one fighter's eye and cutting another fighter's face. Neither fighter had anything to do with it. - wrong

Khabib fights an almost perfect fight against one of the most dangerous fighters in UFC history and gets baited into the crowd by one of Conor's coaches. Khabib goes over the top of the cage and jumps feet first into the dude. - wrong

At this point, why keep track? There are no heroes here. We can go back and forth with the sticks and stones/talk shit get hit argument all day long. Be my guest. But the real shame is that all of this should have been handled in the cage. None of the above should happen. Let the fighters do the talking, keep the contact in the ring. Instead of two professional athletes putting themselves to the test in the most ancient of all competitions, we get a tweaker and an emotional child. Damn shame.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ATLLonghorn said:

I think Dana will try and get Khabib to move up. He already has a ton of trouble getting down to 155. Chances are we definitely see a rematch first though and if Khabib wins that there's no one at 155 left for him to beat.

18 hours ago, Eastwood said:

Lol at people scrambling for moral high ground between these two. Chain of events:

Hype for this fight had been brewing for a while and members of Conor's camp talk some personal shit on Khabib. - wrong

Khabib and crew corner and surround Conor's training partner Artem and Khabib slaps him in the face because he was talking shit about Khabib. He got a little personal with it, sure, but Khabib put his hands on him. - wrong

Conor was supposedly coming to the fight that weekend, anyway, to work out a contract for the Khabib fight, but upon hearing of the slap, loads up he, his best mates, and his best kilo of blow onto a private jet and immediately shows up to the arena during a media event and throws a dolly through the window of the bus that Khabib is riding on, sending glass into one fighter's eye and cutting another fighter's face. Neither fighter had anything to do with it. - wrong

Khabib fights an almost perfect fight against one of the most dangerous fighters in UFC history and gets baited into the crowd by one of Conor's coaches. Khabib goes over the top of the cage and jumps feet first into the dude. - wrong

At this point, why keep track? There are no heroes here. We can go back and forth with the sticks and stones/talk shit get hit argument all day long. Be my guest. But the real shame is that all of this should have been handled in the cage. None of the above should happen. Let the fighters do the talking, keep the contact in the ring. Instead of two professional athletes putting themselves to the test in the most ancient of all competitions, we get a tweaker and an emotional child. Damn shame.

And none of this is to mention all the lines Conor crossed during build up. All the lines he could cross with Mayweather before they shared champagne (and/or blow) on the private jet before they flew to the next press tour stop.

I'd pay a PPV fee just to hear/understand/translate what Khabib was saying to Conor when he was beating the shit out of him on the ground. That was some possessed/determined shit.

• Fuck You 1

On 10/7/2018 at 7:01 AM, SameSame said:

However legit or stupid this is, I think it's hilarious.   Notice the chick on the right, don't give a damn, goes right after that dropped money.

I'm sure Khabib and "his boys" are worried about Drake.  That bitch would piss his pants if he was in the same room as Khabib.

6 hours ago, Buck Strickland said:

I'm sure Khabib and "his boys" are worried about Drake.  That bitch would piss his pants if he was in the same room as Khabib.

Really funny since that fool is running into a club and Khabib and the crew are sitting home, eating pizza, and watching a replay of the fight.

The UFC has booked a heavyweight title fight between champion Daniel Cormier and Derrick Lewis to headline its UFC 230 pay-per-view event on Nov. 3 in New York.

UFC president Dana White broke the news to ESPN on Tuesday, and Cormier confirmed to ESPN. The heavyweight fight will take place on the UFC's annual card at Madison Square Garden.

With a new main event in place, Valentina Shevchenko will be moved back to her original fight against Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant women's flyweight title at UFC 231 on Dec. 8 in Toronto, according to White. 

The UFC had canceled that fight last week in order to have Shevchenko headline UFC 230 against Sijara Eubanks. But with the Cormier-Lewis title bout set as the new headliner, the promotion decided to move Shevchenko back to the Dec. 8 card.

Cormier (21-1) is the UFC's light heavyweight and heavyweight champion. He is also the No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world, according to ESPN's rankings.

His next heavyweight title bout was expected to come against Brock Lesnar in 2019, but the UFC wanted to beef up next month's pay-per-view event, and Cormier had expressed a willingness to fight one more time this year. He is coming off a historic knockout victory over Stipe Miocic at UFC 226 in July.

Cormier, who is based out of San Jose, California, has said he will retire next spring, around his 40th birthday.

Lewis (21-5), of Houston, is coming off a stunning come-from-behind knockout victory over Alexander Volkov at UFC 229 last weekend in Las Vegas. Lewis was trailing in the fight until the final 20 seconds, when he dropped Volkov with a right hand. He has won nine of his past 10 bouts.

A lightweight fight between Nate Diaz and Dustin Poirier is currently scheduled to serve as the co-main event at UFC 230.

Zavala will be crushed that 230 has a main now. 

Whatever keeps Lesnar out of the UFC I'm all for. Would rather be seeing Stipe getting the rematch, but whatever.

Beast better come out bombing this time though cause if not DC will pull the old manhump ftw since Beast will be gassed by the end of rd 1

On 10/7/2018 at 2:12 PM, Surlybastard said:

I think Dana will try and get Khabib to move up. He already has a ton of trouble getting down to 155. Chances are we definitely see a rematch first though and if Khabib wins that there's no one at 155 left for him to beat.

Tony Ferguson

Was really looking forward to seeing Nate back in the octagon.  Not a big fan of the Derrick Lewis v Cormier matchup.  His "fight" with N'Gannou was abysmal.  He needs to be thrown in with Dos Santos, Blaydes, or Stipe to show he is serious about the sport. 

I wish Lewis would do a little cardio prep and/or get his back fixed, and show a little desire to up his game.  He has a + puncher's chance in every fight and can take a beating, but has zero gas in his tank and plods around like every step is chore.  It's a miracle he even passes a physical exam prior to his fights.  

DC vs Lewis seems like a side show to me. Love Lewis but he shouldn't be fighting DC

They're in a tough spot with McGregor. Everyone being rumored as a possible opponent will more than likely whoop his ass. I think he's got one more  massive ppv draw in him if he loses. A khabib rematch is the easiest thing and probably most likely if I was forecasting.

Khabib Nurmagomedov has threatened to leave the UFC if the promotion cuts ties with his teammate and rostered featherweight Zubaira Tukhugov.

In an Instagram post on Thursday, Nurmagomedov (27-0), who defended his lightweight championship against Conor McGregor in what he described as a deeply personal fight at UFC 229 on Saturday in Las Vegas, told the UFC to "send me my broken contract" if they cut Tukhugov, who was involved in a melee after Nurmagomedov's victory.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/24957602/khabib-nurmagomedov-threatens-leave-ufc-teammate-zubaira-tukhugov-fired

22 hours ago, VinyVango said:

Was really looking forward to seeing Nate back in the octagon.  Not a big fan of the Derrick Lewis v Cormier matchup.  His "fight" with N'Gannou was abysmal.  He needs to be thrown in with Dos Santos, Blaydes, or Stipe to show he is serious about the sport. 

I wish Lewis would do a little cardio prep and/or get his back fixed, and show a little desire to up his game.  He has a + puncher's chance in every fight and can take a beating, but has zero gas in his tank and plods around like every step is chore.  It's a miracle he even passes a physical exam prior to his fights.  

Agree 100%. Was happy to see him pull the miracle out of his ass against the Russian bc Texas. The match against Francis was the worst I’ve seen in the UFC. I expect DC to handle Lewis easily.