2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

5 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Javier throws quality pitch after quality pitch. HPU squeezed him at least five or six times earlier and he never gave in and threw a ball over the heart of the plate. He's challenging hitters AND the ump.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Giants just blew a 3 run lead in the 9th.  Walked the tying run and then gave up a 3 run homer to Canha.  The A's are starting to piss me off.
Goddamn it, two nights in a row. Last night was a five run lead, tonight it was three.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Rabbit hole got me good this morning.

Game 163, 1980.

so much amazing-ness in the first 10 minutes.

Al Michaels, Bob Uecker on the call.

Dusty Baker in LF for the Dodgers “some day the most valuable Dodger this year”.

Al commenting this game, with so much on the line, will take a while. “We’ll likely see this game go 3 hours.”

2 pitch outs the first time a guy gets on base.

Astros getting out to a fast start in the first  thanks to Dodger miscues, eerily similar to a winner-take-all game 27 years later (albeit all small ball. Only one ball out of the infield)

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 2

Does it irk anyone else when Altuve takes a pitch, he watches it all the way the way into the umps eyes.

You're one of the best hitters to ever play the game.  Trust your own eye and make the ump call the pitch, not your reaction.