2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

SF trying to blow a 5 run lead in the 9th over Oakland.  Tying run at the plate with 1 out.

EDIT - and unbelievably, Piscotty hits the GS to tie it.  He had a walkoff GS already this year.

Edited by WBT

So this year has sucked so far, obviously, but I’m not going to stress too much about it because 8 teams get in the playoffs, no fans exist, so there’s really no benefit to being anything more than slightly less shitty than the 9th best team in the league. It’s a hurdle I think we will clear, at which point in time nobody has any advantage. 
you could actually argue if you think the yankees and Dodgers are really that good that you’d be best off being the 8th seed anyway since that’s just a three game set. In baseball the 2011 Astros could beat the Yankees of 1927 best 2 out of three and it wouldn’t mean anything or be much of a surprise. 
the good thing, so far, to come out of this season is that there’s a lot of talent, seemingly, in the home grown starting pitching market- a lot of #3 types. We were going to have to rebuild the top end of the starting rotation after 2021 which was going to be hard. If you have 4 or 5 guys with #2-4 type ability that you are paying next to nothing that makes it a lot easier to go get a hammer.  It also might make Springer more able to be afforded. I’m assuming Correa is gone completely.  
If some of these kids are legit it extends our competitive window into 2025-2026

If you were ever going to have a throw away season this is it. 
Whoever said this reminds of 2000 where we went from 3 division titles, to terrible, to playoffs in 3 of the next 5 years feels right. 

If we can get out of 2020 in our down year sneaking into the playoffs so much the better. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn