Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

14 minutes ago, Captainant said:
that's a strange way to characterize brandishing an illegally obtained rifle at people in an area he doesn't live or have any interest in being in aside from going out and playing soldier like his militia leader on facebook told him to do. Rittenhouse was excited that it was time to use his gun.

Then why did he wait until he was being chased? If he wanted to shoot looters, why didn’t he do it at the burning garbage bin instead of putting the fire out? Why didn’t he go somewhere where active looting was taking place and open up?

Edited by Hate
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

Then why did he wait until he was being chased? If he wanted to shoot looters, why didn’t he do it at the burning garbage bin instead of putting the fire out? Why didn’t he go somewhere where active lotto g was taking place and open up?

Because he wasn't brandishing shit.  It was strapped to his chest.  He was brandishing a fire extinguisher.  And the commie pedo really, really did not like that.

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Then the state clearly wants him acquitted and is just going through the motions. Shocked face.

They don't have a case.  It is not their fault.  He should not have even been charged after they reviewed all the videos.  He only got charged in the first place because of pure bullshit media spin fueling progressive outrage that someone dare stand up against their army of brown shirts.

I mean they tried to lie and say Rittenhouse was chasing Rosenbaum.  But unfortunately for the state the jury will have to just trust their lying eyes.  I would be pissed if I was given these set of facts and video evidence and told to go prosecute this kid.  He should have been charged with a misdemeanor weapons charge and be allowed to plea it down like every other first time offender.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I'm not really sure wtf the prosecution is doing. Are they even trying to build a case that he murdered someone? They are showing a bunch of video which most people feel overwhelmingly prove he was defending himself -- like showing Rosenbaum chasing after him.  But I don't hear them or any of their witnesses saying anything to the affect that he is guilty of anything. Its like just a bunch of people sitting in a courtroom watching YouTube videos.

They are throwing the case. Doesn’t happen very often unless an actual cop is being prosecuted due to public pressure. Then you get this type of show trial. I guess if you publicly back the blue and it’s high profile enough they’ll give you a show trial too.

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

They are throwing the case. Doesn’t happen very often unless an actual cop is being prosecuted due to public pressure. Then you get this type of show trial. I guess if you publicly back the blue and it’s high profile enough they’ll give you a show trial too.

They don't have a case to throw.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Backing the blue is not a good idea in the Chicago area

It's gonna be super duper fun once more shitbirds start going out into unrest and escalating situations only to shoot their way out and claim self defense. Warrior cop mentality is finally accessible to the masses.

Pretty gross to see yall get all giddy as we getting closer and closer to when you get to use your guns.

Any predictions on how much Lin Wood and the proud boys are going to fundraise off of this court win?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

They don't have a case to throw.

I looked up the Wisconsin self defense statute. You should try reading it closely.

“A person who provokes an attack, whether by lawful or unlawful conduct, with intent to use such an attack as an excuse to cause death or great bodily harm to his or her assailant is not entitled to claim the privilege of self-defense.”

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/939/iii/48

I could make a good argument that the whole reason Kyle was there in the first place pointing his gun at multiple people was to provoke an attack. Hell he doesn’t even have to use unlawful conduct to be guilty of it, just have an intent. He wanted someone to attack him. That’s why the judge keeping out the social media statement, if authenticated, was total horseshit as it goes directly to intent and this whole trial is a joke designed to acquit a “back the blue” murderer.

It happens. Usually it’s an actual cop though.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's gonna be super duper fun once more shitbirds start going out into unrest and escalating situations only to shoot their way out and claim self defense. Warrior cop mentality is finally accessible to the masses.

Pretty gross to see yall get all giddy as we getting closer and closer to when you get to use your guns.

Any predictions on how much Lin Wood and the proud boys are going to fundraise off of this court win?

CNN and other media outlets will be the targets for slandering this kid.  Like they had to pay Nick Sandmann.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Don't know.  CNN insisted on confidentiality.  Reckon why?

Actually I think both sides wanted confidentiality and I reckon it was because it was a nuisance value settlement because he had no case, just like this turd here. My guess is maybe 50-70k to save on attorney fees, at best.

13 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I could make a good argument that the whole reason Kyle was there in the first place pointing his gun at multiple people was to provoke an attack.

and Casey Thompson could throw a football over them mountains

8 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Actually I think both sides wanted confidentiality and I reckon it was because it was a nuisance value settlement because he had no case, just like this turd here. My guess is maybe 50-70k to save on attorney fees, at best.

Nah.  Not with those attorneys.  They aren't settling cheap.  Especially since CNN manipulated the video.

3 minutes ago, Bravo said:

LOL, OK I think a lot of people hate looters and have said things like that. What does that prove?

Do a lot of people who hate looters get out their ARs and start shooting them to protect dumpsters at car dealerships?

It proves his intent. You obviously disagree but it’s a reasonable conclusion.

• Haha 1

Look if hero boy Kyle was out protecting his own house or his uncle’s car business or even his neighborhood then he shouldn’t be prosecuted. He wasn’t doing any of that though. He went out looking for trouble, found it, got to use his gun, but killed and shot people, scumbags or not, and shouldn’t get excused for it. 

He will walk though. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Look if hero boy Kyle

I don't believe most people (especially here) see him as a hero. He's a larper just like the protesters were larping & fucked around/found out. 

But that doesn't mean he's guilty and the way the media spun this case was criminal. In normal times, this case would have never been prosecuted & I think that's why you are seeing people come to his defense. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I don't believe most people (especially here) see him as a hero. He's a larper just like the protesters were larping & fucked around/found out. 

But that doesn't mean he's guilty and the way the media spun this case was criminal. In normal times, this case would have never been prosecuted & I think that's why you are seeing people come to his defense. 

I don’t think most people here think he’s a hero, with the exception of the sack and his full metal jacket memes. 

And I can see how people think he’s not guilty as well. I just disagree. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

What is going on in this picture?

it's rittenhouse in a bar drinking underage and taking pictures with proud boys. The judge specifically prohibited the evidence, despite the prosecution's argument that "(Rittenhouse's) actions of coming into our community illegally after curfew with a gun at the time of a protest is entirely consistent with what the Proud Boys make it their job to do,"

The judge of course, sided with the defense because the defense hired an expert to say that rittenhouse wasn't a member of a militia. Despite voluminous posts belonging to militia facebook groups that were also present with rifles that night. The guy that GRUHorn posted as a source last page was one such militia leader encouraging people to bring guns to the protest

edit: another local news source when it originally happened, notable quote: 

"Within a few minutes of entering the bar, the defendant was loudly serenaded by five of the adult males in his group with the song 'Proud of Your Boy,' which is an obscure song written for the 1992 Disney film 'Aladdin,'" the motion reads. "The violent white supremacist group called the 'Proud Boys' was named after this song, which is sung by its members as an anthem and for self-identification. The defendant then remained with these 'Proud Boys' for the entire time he was in the bar."

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Once again, let's say he was in a "militia" what bearing does that have on a self defense case?

Zero. It scares the shit out of me how people think the justice system should work.

Oh, you post to Surly? Obviously you don't have the mental capacity to drive a car. Guilty!

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

A stupid kid being stupid.

Thank you baby Jesus that we didn't have cell phone cameras when I was in High school/College or my ascension to Presidency would be fucked.

I've always maintained that we'd all be unemployed if there was social media on 9/11.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Sack, 52-80 and crew are willing to ignore all the things that led up to the shooting and wanna simply focus on the dumpster fire and the shootings themselves. The things leading up to that tell a story of a kid who WANTED to hurt someone, and made multiple decisions to put himself there at that exact moment. Then once there he escalated the situation through pointing his weapon at people, placing himself at the front of a tense situation, and even walking off by himself after making sure he made himself a target. He WANTED that moment. Lets not kid ourselves here.

Bottom line, this kid is no different than a guy who walks into a walmart and starts shooting. He just found a smarter way to execute his plan. He has all the signs if you dig into him a little, even how unnaturally controlled he was in a fire fight is very telling. This incident could spark more incidents just like them, or firefights on the streets. We should all be worried. Makeshift militias aren't the only ones who know how to use guns.

I'm waiting for LeBron to weigh in before making my final assessment 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Once again, let's say he was in a "militia" what bearing does that have on a self defense case?

just 5 minutes ago i thought the prosecution was deliberately "throwing this case"?

this narrative is flip flopping like a pair of havainas.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Zero. It scares the shit out of me how people think the justice system should work.

Oh, you post to Surly? Obviously you don't have the mental capacity to drive a car. Guilty!

underage drinking?

believe-it-or-not-straight-to-jail-meme-

Hitting a guy with a skateboard?  permissible, if the guy drank beer when he wasnt supposed to

• Haha 2

it shows his intent in illegally buying and brandishing a rifle to provoke violence. It's a tactic used by the proud boys and other militia/terrorist groups. They won't start violence, but they'll provoke it and then finish it.

If you start the fight by pointing your toy rifle at people, you don't (or in a sane world, shouldn't) get to claim self defense when they move to disarm you. 

This kid was out after curfew carrying a rifle he could not legally own or purchase, 20 miles from his home. He was out hunting and got what he was looking for. A chance to use his gun.

4 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

just 5 minutes ago i thought the prosecution was deliberately "throwing this case"?

this narrative is flip flopping like a pair of havainas.

Either both attorney teams suck balls or both are playing 4D chess.  I'm going with the former.

23 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I don’t think most people here think he’s a hero, with the exception of the sack and his full metal jacket memes. 

And I can see how people think he’s not guilty as well. I just disagree. 

Fair. 

Do you feel he would have shot someone that night had he not been attacked?  Based on his interview earlier in the night, and all of the video showing his actions during that night up to the ambush. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

Star witness for DA is not performing as expected for them. This case is a disaster. He is arguing with the witness.

My favorite part was the prosecutor trying to make a statement, the defense not objecting, and the witness asking him to rephrase it as an answerable question.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Fair. 

Do you feel he would have shot someone that night had he not been attacked?  Based on his interview earlier in the night, and all of the video showing his actions during that night up to the ambush. 

Dunno. Maybe. We’ll never know I suppose. I’d have to listen to all the witnesses and review all the evidence before making a decision anyway. Can’t do it from the net as we are all basically talking out of our ass based on incomplete information. My opinion here is worth what I’m charging for it. 

• Hook 'Em 2