Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

1 minute ago, immortal13 said:

Are you intentionally trying to Cloak Room this thread? Just admit it

Where do you get that from his post.  It's entirely reasonable.

A person carrying a rifle in public pretty much automatically escalates any confrontation into an armed assault that may or may not be self-defense, murder, or attempted murder.

Edited by TwiceHorn

27 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

Yeah, that certainly would change the calculus.  But it still doesn't seem like a slam dunk.  People threaten to kill folks all the time, especially in the heat of the moment.  But they almost never do it.  The percentage of angry dudes who actually kill someone after making that threat in a confrontation is what?  A tenth of a percent?  I don't think the threat get you there alone.  Add in the chasing, maybe.  But I'm still uncomfortable activating a license to kill in the absence of an true, imminent threat - like a gun or knife coming at you or being on the receiving end of a serious beating.  It's a hard line to find.

image.gif.d7b2d9cb96569397bdfb86a94f04e2b0.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

the right answer is to not have been in that situation altogether. 

but if someone hadnt provoked you directly, and you behave exactly in this manner, and you start pursuing said person and grabbed at his/her gun... goddamn right they have a reasonable belief to need to defend themself

The comparatively few black people in that video are about the only ones that aren't acting complete fools.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The comparatively few black people in that video are about the only ones that aren't acting complete fools.

yup.  didnt start no shit, wasnt no shit.

we're rehashing old talking point but theres another pudgy white guy in lime green shirt with a sling bag and rifle.  he got yanked out of the frame (for unknown reason).  rosenbaum looked offscreen and started that "shoot me" tirade at the end of the video. 

its possible he keyed his rage on the person with the green shirt, whom he later mistook rittenhouse for, and started his pursuit when rittenhouse was isolated away from the group

54 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Where do you get that from his post.  It's entirely reasonable.

A person carrying a rifle in public pretty much automatically escalates any confrontation into an armed assault that may or may not be self-defense, murder, or attempted murder.

It is entirely reasonable to blame the confrontation on the person that confronted. I have not seen any evidence that Rittenhouse was confrontational, so the problem is not him or the gun but the mouth-breathers that attacked him apparently for no valid reason. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

thats great and all but not the law. open carry is legal in WI. we are just talking about the law and whether he was within his right to fire upon the aggressor.

And I now agree that he will probably walk based on the totality of the situation. In coming to that conclusion, I’ve found that I don’t agree with the law. I have a problem with an idiot with an AR walking into a riot and shooting three people because he got scared.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Basil said:

And I now agree that he will probably walk based on the totality of the situation. In coming to that conclusion, I’ve found that I don’t agree with the law. I have a problem with an idiot with an AR walking into a riot and shooting three people because he got scared.

He was scared because he was chased and attacked.

8 minutes ago, Bravo said:

I bet he was scared when being chased and a raving lunatic (child rapist although unknown by him)  and lunging for his gun or the mob that was chasing him causing him to fall like in a bad Halloween movie then getting attacked on the ground by a guy hitting him over the head with a skateboard and the other pulling a gun. probably shit his pants.

Nah he was just an EMT there to help injured people with his medical kit. He just needed the AR to kill people in the event they tried to attack him helpin people just like all normal medics in a war do. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The only reason he was chased at all was because he was (“illegally”) waving an AR around like an idiot and shooting people with it. 

The prosecutor really should call those witnesses.  Because no one has said that.  Perhaps the reason why is no one is willing to testify to that under oath and it was just a bunch of bullshit Twatterverse hearsay from the beginning.  There is a whole lot of video from that night.  Not a single one shows him waving his gun around or pointing at it prior to him being attacked. Not a single witness has said Kyle did anything wrong.

The reporter who testified today is an unbiased bystander.  Go play his testimony.

You guys hate him because he took out some of your buddies.  The problem is they deserved it and brought it on themselves.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bravo said:

thats great and all but not the law. open carry is legal in WI. we are just talking about the law and whether he was within his right to fire upon the aggressor.

He wasn’t legally carrying. One of the guys he shot was though. The guy with his hands up according to a photo the sack posted earlier.

36 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Just read that the second witness, an FBI agent talking about aerial footage from that night, his testimony was not done in public. Anyone know why? Seems strange. 

Don't need their methods of obtaining that footage to get out.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

The prosecutor really should call those witnesses.  Because no one has said that.  Perhaps the reason why is no one is willing to testify to that under oath and it was just a bunch of bullshit Twatterverse hearsay from the beginning.  There is a whole lot of video from that night.  Not a single one shows him waving his gun around or pointing at it prior to him being attacked. Not a single witness has said Kyle did anything wrong.

The reporter who testified today is an unbiased bystander.  Go play his testimony.

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/watch-now-fourth-day-of-kyle-rittenhouse-trial-includes-witness-accounts-of-shooting-emotional-testimony/article_91faf428-c60c-566a-b08b-08443db3430d.html

9 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

He wasn’t legally carrying. One of the guys he shot was though. The guy with his hands up according to a photo the sack posted earlier.

You are being disingenuous.  His hands were up.  Until he lunged and attempted to draw.  Then Kyle disarmed him.  He would have been within his rights to shoot him center mass. But he did not.

Him illegally carrying has zero impact on his self defense claim. If I am carrying my pistol in Colorado that has 20 rounds I am illegally carrying.  If someone sticks a gun in my face and tries to rob me, and I shoot them first with my illegal pistol, the fact that I was illegally carrying doesn't have any bearing on whether I acted in self defense.  Just like Kyle being 4 months shy of 18 has no bearing on whether him shooting the pedo and the other two scumbags.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

I haven't spent any time on the videos over the last year, nor followed this specific situation extremely closely.

Really surprised how small of a person Rittenhouse is.

If this guy testifying is 5'9 Rittenhouse has to be 5'5 or something.

Maybe Kyle is short for Kyler?

• Hook 'Em 1

Bullets whizzing by

McGinniss indicated he was concerned when he saw Rittenhouse running with his gun and the fire extinguisher.

It seemed to me that, yeah, it’s not the way I was taught to handle a weapon in a public place.”

In my mind in that situation I couldn’t think of a situation that would necessitate a fire extinguisher in one hand and an AR-15 in the other.”

One of the charges against Rittenhouse — first-degree recklessly endangering safety — is based on his firing his weapon toward McGinniss when he shot Rosenbaum. McGinniss testified that he heard or felt something move past his legs when the shooting occurred, and looked down to check if he had been shot.

Emotional while watching the video of the aftermath, he said he would never forget that night.

has no bearing on whether him shooting the pedo and the other two scumbags.

Fill me in here. Other than legally carrying a pistol, what have your news sources, which I admit I don’t follow, told you about the guy who got shot with the pistol that makes him a scumbag in your world? Is he a pedo too or what? 

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Bullets whizzing by

McGinniss indicated he was concerned when he saw Rittenhouse running with his gun and the fire extinguisher.

It seemed to me that, yeah, it’s not the way I was taught to handle a weapon in a public place.”

In my mind in that situation I couldn’t think of a situation that would necessitate a fire extinguisher in one hand and an AR-15 in the other.”

One of the charges against Rittenhouse — first-degree recklessly endangering safety — is based on his firing his weapon toward McGinniss when he shot Rosenbaum. McGinniss testified that he heard or felt something move past his legs when the shooting occurred, and looked down to check if he had been shot.

Emotional while watching the video of the aftermath, he said he would never forget that night.

Putting out fires started by scumbags in one hand and putting down pedo commies who attack you with in the other.

Putting out fires started by scumbags in one hand and putting down pedo commies who attack you with in the other.

LOL. Ok sack. You win. Putting out dumpster fires and shooting pedo commies. Give the kid a medal for diverse talents. 

Oh I guess he forgot all about his medical kit after shooting someone though. 

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

LOL. Ok sack. You win. Putting out dumpster fires and shooting pedo commies. Give the kid a medal for diverse talents. 

Well, some of your antifa buddies started chasing him and he tried to evade them.  When he tripped while attempting to retreat, he had to take out some more trash as a last resort.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

the right answer is to not have been in that situation altogether. 

but if someone hadnt provoked you directly, and you behave exactly in this manner, and you start pursuing said person and grabbed at his/her gun... goddamn right they have a reasonable belief to need to defend themself

Cops should have rolled in heavy and arrested every single person in that video. Scorched earth. Enough is enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

It's almost like he didn't go out there to help people and just wanted an opportunity to use his toy to threaten people and see some action. He got was he was looking for. He ran towards the action, inserted himself into the situation, and then shot his way out once he was in over his head.

He did not have any good reason or right to be there.

Also, lulz for throwing around anti fascist as a pejorative. I remember when it was patriotic to be anti fascist. Sacks parents must've been Lindberghers

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's almost like he didn't go out there to help people and just wanted an opportunity to use his toy to threaten people and see some action. He got was he was looking for. He ran towards the action, inserted himself into the situation, and then shot his way out once he was in over his head.

He did not have any good reason to be there.

Also, lulz for throwing around anti fascist as a pejorative. I remember when it was patriotic to be anti fascist. Sacks parents must've been Lindberghers

Being a fascist and calling yourself antifascist is no virtue.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Well, some of your antifa buddies started chasing him and he tried to evade them.  When he tripped while attempting to retreat, he had to take out some more trash as a last resort.

Video taken by another person shows McGinniss taking off his shirt to try to put pressure on Rosenbaum’s wounds, as Rittenhouse pauses next to him looking down at Rosenbaum before running away while talking on the phone.

Kenosha County Assistant District Attorney Tom Binger asked if McGinniss realized it was Rittenhouse standing next to him. He said he did not. “It was kind of a tunnel vision situation,” he said. “There was a pair of legs next to me and I just yelled call 911.”

McGinniss said he saw the figure put his hand in his pocket and assumed he was calling 911. Instead, Rittenhouse called his friend Dominick Black while he was running from the scene to tell him he had shot someone.

Binger asked McGinniss if he would have been scared had he realized it was Rittenhouse standing there. “I felt in danger anyways, but I certainly think I would have maybe changed my tone of voice, I can’t really imagine what I would have done, but I was afraid in that moment anyway, so it’s hard for me to say,” he said.

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

If a guy who had just shot someone in the chest with an AR was pointing a gun at me I would probably go for my pistol too.

Again though how was this guy a scumbag per your news world?

Attacking a kid for lawfully defending himself against people kicking him in the head and swinging a skateboard at his head. Plus he was committing a crime.  I mean he was breaking curfew and had no legal right to be there.  So since he was acting illegally under your logic he had no right to self defense.  

9 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Cops should have rolled in heavy and arrested every single person in that video. Scorched earth. Enough is enough.

Lo, fuckin l

Jesus Fucking Christ.

If only some people had said that from May to Sept of 2020…

…only to be called Gestapo Goosesteping TrumpBall garglers.

Fuck.

• Hook 'Em 2

His prior conviction for carrying a weapon while intoxicated.  His prowling arrest (pending charge). Him saying he wish he would have killed this innocent kid.  

Is that the pistol guy or skateboard guy? That’s really all they came up with?

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s funny. All this madness and mayhem that night and only one person killed other people and shot another and the incredible lengths some people will go to excuse that person because they agree with his views. 

Michael Reinhol says, “I’m 100% Antifa”

You see a kid on the ground getting beat with a skateboard to the head.  He shoots his attacker.  You are not all that wise to pull out your gun and shoot the kid or attempt to do so.  You better be right and have a good reason to believe that kids was not acting in self defense.  Which in this case he clearly was.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

As a witness, I guess you just sit there until the DA rephrases to make sense or just say that he saw him start X amount of fires.

1 hour ago, Basil said:

I have a problem with an idiot with an AR walking into a riot and shooting three people because he got scared.

I think you would have to be an idiot to not be scared and scared isn't even the right word. If you are in a kill or be killed situation and someone chases you with a gun, you don't shoot because you are scared, you shoot because you have to. I am extremely confident that he would have been injured or killed if he didn't fire his rifle.

With that said, you have to be an idiot to bring a rifle into a riot. Just because the police and the government don't want to intervene, isn't a reason to intervene yourself. It does suck for business owners, though. Perhaps the cities should have policed their own supporters and perhaps the police need to get more involved. There has to be something between allowing the anarchy, looting, and destruction and shooting the perps. There is something to be learned from all this, but I doubt it will be.

Edited by Bevo

53 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

You are being disingenuous.  His hands were up.  Until he lunged and attempted to draw.  Then Kyle disarmed him.  He would have been within his rights to shoot him center mass. But he did not.

Him illegally carrying has zero impact on his self defense claim. If I am carrying my pistol in Colorado that has 20 rounds I am illegally carrying.  If someone sticks a gun in my face and tries to rob me, and I shoot them first with my illegal pistol, the fact that I was illegally carrying doesn't have any bearing on whether I acted in self defense.  Just like Kyle being 4 months shy of 18 has no bearing on whether him shooting the pedo and the other two scumbags.

Wasn't 'not so quick draw McGraw' a felon...or is a felon?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Bevo said:

As a witness, I guess you just sit there until the DA rephrases to make sense or just say that he saw him start X amount of fires.

I think you would have to be an idiot to not be scared and scared isn't even the right word. If you are in a kill or be killed situation and someone chases you with a gun, you don't shoot because you are scared, you shoot because you have to. I am extremely confident that he would have been injured or killed if he didn't fire his rifle.

With that said, you have to be an idiot to bring a rifle into a riot. Just because the police and the government don't want to intervene, isn't a reason to intervene yourself. It does suck for business owners, though. Perhaps the cities should have policed their own supporters and perhaps the police need to get more involved. There has to be something between allowing the anarchy, looting, and destruction and shooting the perps. There is something to be learned from all this, but I doubt it will be.

There is a lot of risky shit you have to be an idiot to do.  This was one of them.  He didn’t commit murder and shouldn’t have even been charged much less have the ridiculous bail.  He likely did commit a misdemeanor gun crime assuming the statute applies.  I’ve read some articles claiming there is an argument the statute doesn’t apply. That’s a pure legal issue though.  If it applies, he’s guilty.  He was under 18 and carrying. If it doesn’t, he’s not guilty.  He should be able to take whatever the standard plea is for that charge for a first time offender.  

51 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Fill me in here. Other than legally carrying a pistol, what have your news sources, which I admit I don’t follow, told you about the guy who got shot with the pistol that makes him a scumbag in your world? Is he a pedo too or what? 

If he was/is a felon, he wasn't legally carrying. GTFO with your stupid bullshit ..you're just trolling

5 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

If he was/is a felon, he wasn't legally carrying. GTFO with your stupid bullshit ..you're just trolling

Well is he a felon or not? Seems like your news sources would’ve told you that already if he was. And how is asking that simple question “trolling.”  Sack said he was a scumbag so I assumed he had something that backed that up like he does with the pedo thing that he’s only brought up 35 times or so in this thread and in the CR.