Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Most of you guys are a post or two away from Texags. Its a shame really.

It's one thing to say "yeah the way the law is written, it will be interesting/hard to prove certain things, i'm not sure about this case...."

These people openly celebrate what Kyle Rittenhouse did. It's sick. They really are proud of him for playing judge, jury, and executioner for people they don't like.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Kyle Rittenhouse is a piece of shit. Disdain for human rights is one of the key tenets of fascism.

Exactly, taking away people's self defense is fascist. Otherwise I don't know what he did there to take someone else's rights.

Just now, Thatguy said:

Yeah, like this one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Exactly, taking away people's self defense is fascist. Otherwise I don't know what he did there to take someone else's rights.

Yeah, like this one. 

Have fun setting the precedent that you can walk into somewhere with a rifle, point it at people, yell "friendly!" when they try to disarm you, then shoot them and walk away scot free.

Edited by Pam Cummings

21 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Have fun setting the precedent that you can walk into somewhere with a rifle, point it at people, yell "friendly!" when they try to disarm you, then shoot them and walk away scot free.

You think that's what happened here, and this is looking very bad. Where is the rights violation?

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

unfortunately there is z.e.r.o. evidence admitted in court that he pointed the rifle at someone; zero direct evidence from hours of videos he pointed it at someone; zero circumstantial evidence he was threatening with the rifle based on his demeanor and behavior; but you have hearsay from unknown witnesses that he may have pointed at someone (so congratulations for that!)

the precedence is if you are the douchiest, angriest, most aggressive and combative person captured on video, literally running someone down and cornering them, you probably have a bad outcome for you.  i hope it didnt require this example to learn that. 

if you think rittenhouse was in the wrong for carrying a rifle, he may be penalized for that fact.  consolation prize for you.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

All some of them care about is a guy on their team shot 3 guys on the other side. They will twist any fact, no matter how damning, to fit their narrative.

Kyle on tape saying he wants to shoot people? Not relevant to the case but hey did you hear one of the dudes he shot was a pedo!

Kyle the medic takes off after shooting someone calling a buddy instead of 911? He was skeeered for his life because the ebil mob was chasing him!!

The “mob” tried to disarm a guy running around with an AR after he shot someone? Again he was skeeered and if you try to disarm me with my gun prepared to get shot and die!!

And on and on. 

• Like 1

And based on the fact that they already had to kick a guy off the jury for telling a joke to the bailiff about the black dude getting shot by the cops that led up to all this, the makeup of this thread is probably a decent reflection of the makeup of the jury. We shall see.

50 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

And based on the fact that they already had to kick a guy off the jury for telling a joke to the bailiff about the black dude getting shot by the cops that led up to all this, the makeup of this thread is probably a decent reflection of the makeup of the jury. We shall see.

I haven't seen a legal argument in pages that he should be found guilty beyond reasonable doubt by 12 of his peers. I've seen lots of emotional pleas. I guess this is one of those. When he is found not guilty, then you can try to blame the jury and the makeup of America.

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

the amount of effort in this thread to defend the pedo that said he wanted to kill people that evening and then tried to make good on that effort is truly astounding.

Btw- it’s possible to literally hate everyone that was there that night including wannabe soldiers like the shooter, and also agree the dude is innocent of any sort of murder charge, and that midget pedo guy FAFO.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I haven't seen a legal argument in pages that he should be found guilty beyond reasonable doubt by 12 of his peers. I've seen lots of emotional pleas. I guess this is one of those. When he is found not guilty, then you can try to blame the jury and the makeup of America.

I made one a few pages ago showing how you could argue that his intent negated his self defense argument. There’s no dispute he committed the crime itself. My argument was basically ignored. I think someone made an uncle Rico joke about it. 

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Kid took a dangerous risk.  But he was there to help and in no way was a danger to anyone there except those who attacked him. This lawless brown shirt antifa fucks were used to attacking people and getting away with it.  They chose the wrong victim that night.  

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

the amount of effort in this thread to defend the pedo that said he wanted to kill people that evening and then tried to make good on that effort is truly astounding.

Let’s assume for the moment that’s all correct and there was a crazed pedo on the loose that Kyle just had to justifiably shoot him in self defense. 

You know what any reasonable person does in that scenario? They drop their weapon and call 911 and attend to the guy you just shot. Instead he stood there and watched the daily caller guy do it. Takes the time to call his buddy to let him know he just shot someone, then starts jogging off holding his weapon in a firing position like he’s storming the beaches of Normandy. It’s like some of you guys have never handled a gun before or were ever taught properly. 

I’m on team “17 year olds shouldn’t be running around open carrying ARs they clearly don’t know how to handle killing people in the defense of car dealerships and their dumpsters.”  

People should be held accountable for their actions. Don’t care if he’s only 17. 

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's one thing to say "yeah the way the law is written, it will be interesting/hard to prove certain things, i'm not sure about this case...."

These people openly celebrate what Kyle Rittenhouse did. It's sick. They really are proud of him for playing judge, jury, and executioner for people they don't like.

You like child molesters?  Not shocking

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Let’s assume for the moment that’s all correct and there was a crazed pedo on the loose that Kyle just had to justifiably shoot him in self defense. 

You know what any reasonable person does in that scenario? They drop their weapon and call 911 and attend to the guy you just shot. Instead he stood there and watched the daily caller guy do it. Takes the time to call his buddy to let him know he just shot someone, then starts jogging off holding his weapon in a firing position like he’s storming the beaches of Normandy. It’s like some of you guys have never handled a gun before or were ever taught properly. 

I don’t know about that on the second part. He was probably in shock that he just shot and likely killed a guy. No saying what most reasonable people would do in that situation. Add to that, there’s hundreds of people out and about rioting that are clearly going to pissed about this dude getting shot without knowing the context, and I think leaving with your weapon might be a reasonable response. 

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m on team “17 year olds shouldn’t be running around open carrying ARs they clearly don’t know how to handle killing people in the defense of car dealerships and their dumpsters.”  

People should be held accountable for their actions. Don’t care if he’s only 17. 

I'm on team "you shouldn't be looting and destroying private property" and if you do, you're gonna fuck around and find out.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I would argue that he clearly knew how to handle the AR.

And the irony of posters talking about "team" is off the fucking charts.  No, the kid should not have been there.  He had absolutely no business being there and if he were my son I would absolutely have told him not to be there.  But he was and from all the testimony from the trial and all of the videos that we have seen, it would appear he did indeed act in self defense.  Just because you don't like the kid or his "team" does not make those facts untrue.  You fancy yourselves the "intelligent" team but you have absolutely no ability to reason.  You can't look past your stupid team allegiance. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Yeah, like this one. 

It's not taking away people's self defense. I carry a gun in my car and have several in my home. Basically I am almost always locked and loaded. However, if you clowns cannot see the difference between self defense and this you are quite silly. If someone assaults me or mine I will likely shoot them, and be within my rights to do so. That does not mean I go to a clan rally with a megaphone and a blm t-shirt, then when someone gets angry and comes running toward my car or throws something at it I unload on them. That would be what we have here, and you guys celebrating it should be ashamed of yourselves quite frankly. There will be other kids attempting to do what this kid did, and there will be people who go to whatever gathering it is armed to the teeth just in case something like this happens. No one will be out there caught unprotected, so the next time a kid like this starts shooting so will everyone else. And who knows, one of your idealistic children might be in the crowd. Think about that.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Thatguy said:

It's not taking away people's self defense. I carry a gun in my car and have several in my home. Basically I am almost always locked and loaded. However, if you clowns cannot see the difference between self defense and this you are quite silly. If someone assaults me or mine I will likely shoot them, and be within my rights to do so. That does not mean I go to a clan rally with a megaphone and a blm t-shirt, then when someone gets angry and comes running toward my car or throws something at it I unload on them. That would be what we have here, and you guys celebrating it should be ashamed of yourselves quite frankly. There will be other kids attempting to do what this kid did, and there will be people who go to whatever gathering it is armed to the teeth just in case something like this happens. No one will be out there caught unprotected, so the next time a kid like this starts shooting so will everyone else. And who knows, one of your idealistic children might be in the crowd. Think about that.

Why not? You can counter protest, and if they attack you you're within your right to take them to racist hell. I also don't know what you mean by "idealistic children" here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Except none of that is close to what he did.   He was rendering aid, cleaning graffiti, and rendering medical aid (he was trained in first aid as a life guard).  The mob doesn’t get a veto of who gets to be on the streets.  He didn’t do anything but shoot attackers.   The antifa brown shirts thought they could attack him without consequences.  They thought wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Im teaching my children to not fuck around and find out.  You teach your kids whatever you want. 

I support your right to arm yourself.  I don't condone anyone ever acting like Rosenbaum did, and if someone acted that way towards you, you'd be in your rights to shoot em.  If you can't see that you are quite silly.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

Why not? You can counter protest, and if they attack you you're within your right to take them to racist hell. I also don't know what you mean by "idealistic children" here. 

Lefties are not used to dissent.  They want to riot, loot and burn and attack anyone who isn’t rioting along with them.  You’re damn right that counterprotestors have the right to self defense if attacked.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Yeah, that pesky Right to Assemble needs to be revoked!

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

That isn't even close to what happened. You are just a shit stirring idiot. 

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Except none of that is close to what he did.   He was rendering aid, cleaning graffiti, and rendering medical aid (he was trained in first aid as a life guard).  The mob doesn’t get a veto of who gets to be on the streets.  He didn’t do anything but shoot attackers.   The antifa brown shirts thought they could attack him without consequences.  They thought wrong. 

And he was also helping to put out at least one fire. How dare he!

The facts are clear that he was being attacked. Pedo yelled out "there he is, get him!" and the chase began. Pedo even tried the hide and ambush technique...probably how he captured his child victims. After being struck by a skateboard, and more than one attempt of being disarmed, he started blasting people. The law allows that! No one here is celebrating what he did. To the contrary, almost every poster on this thread has condemned the fact that he was there in the first place and that he was underage in carrying the gun. However, he still had a right to self-defense, which he exercised. If you don't fucking like that fact, then move to a country that doesn't afford you that right. I'm sure there are some. 

Kind of a sidenote.

Assuming Rittenhouse is acquitted, this case will set no legal precedent.  Rittenhouse obviously won't appeal and the state has very limited ability to appeal.

Without an appellate decision, there's no legal precedent to be cited or relied upon.

Yeah, there's some vague precedent established by the acquittal, but it's not really useful to anyone except Kyle.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I don't endorse going to klan rallies.  I don't endorse strolling around the city with open firearms.  I don't endorse knowingly mixing up in a crowd with people smashing cars, committing arsony, readying with stones, other people armed up, regardless of which "side" these people are aligned with. 

Black white purple yellow orange turquoise, whatever skin you are and whatever skin the other person is, if they haven't threatened you, I don't endorse chasing them them down menacingly. 

Is that an okay position to take? 

A state of emergency was declared.  The Nat Guard was deployed.  Rioting and looting and arson had been committed in consecutive nights.  Everyone came there to signal and posture, and some of them fucked around, and they really did find out. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Kind of a sidenote.

Assuming Rittenhouse is acquitted, this case will set no legal precedent.  Rittenhouse obviously won't appeal and the state has very limited ability to appeal.

Without an appellate decision, there's no legal precedent to be cited or relied upon.

I mean would the state even want to if they had the ability?

21 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

20 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Im teaching my children to not fuck around and find out.  You teach your kids whatever you want. 

I support your right to arm yourself.  I don't condone anyone ever acting like Rosenbaum did, and if someone acted that way towards you, you'd be in your rights to shoot em.  If you can't see that you are quite silly.

18 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Yeah, that pesky Right to Assemble needs to be revoked!

15 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

That isn't even close to what happened. You are just a shit stirring idiot. 

One little...two little...three little idiots, 4 little...5 little...6 little idiots....you know the rest.

35 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I'm kind of bored with the discussion at this point. But, you bring up a good point. In the future what is the best way to handle antifa riots? The police and politicians sitting on their bum asses seems to have failed their cities. Rioting and anarchy in our major cities cannot and should not be allowed. It is unsafe for people, causes unnecessary strife, and causes the city, its citizens and businesses owners to lose millions and in some case their livelihood. What should be done?

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1