2020-2021 PGA Tour thread

Wally Fairway

3 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

The rules official was right there and allowed it. And then Bryson putts the ball way out to the right, so the sprinkler heads were not in his line at all. That’s whacky.

Thats what I was thinking the entire time. Like how is it even benefitting him that much? 

Thats what I was thinking the entire time. Like how is it even benefitting him that much? 

Oh I understand the benefit to Bryson. He got to drop closer to the green (not to the hole obviously) which allowed him to putt the ball easier and it wouldn’t have to travel as far over the fringe.

2 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

The rules official was right there and allowed it. And then Bryson putts the ball way out to the right, so the sprinkler heads were not in his line at all. That’s whacky.

Pros do that shit all of the time. “This lie sucks but I need relief because that grandstand down the way could interfere with the 100 yard sweeping hook that I might or might not hit”

Just now, ztejas said:

by moving it out to the right, the putt is a bit straighter, he also gets to line up and place the ball when it doesn't stay on the fringe.  there also seemed to be a depression a bit more in his original line.

it was definitely an advantage.  he probably 2 putts either way but I would like the rules official to say "sorry dude there is nothing in your line or stance, play it"

1 minute ago, Longhornstampede said:

Who's the bigger cheat? BCD or Reed. It's all in their method of doing it

i think Reed straight up cheats more than Bryson.  however, Bryson looks to bend the rules as much as anyone.  what he did wasn't technically cheating.  the rules official allowed it.  but the fact that he asked to move his ball shows that he's pretty unethical.  my two cents.

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

i think Reed straight up cheats more than Bryson.  however, Bryson looks to bend the rules as much as anyone.  what he did wasn't technically cheating.  the rules official allowed it.  but the fact that he asked to move his ball shows that he's pretty unethical.  my two cents.

as said up thread, they all do that stuff.  its up to the rules official to say sorry nope.

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

Yeah. It isn't cheating. It's just not really in the spirit of the game. Taking the rule book down to the fine print is never thay gratifying.

3-Way Tie for 4th for Jordan -- it's a shame he couldn't make a couple more putts today.

Jordan making progress -- already in 2021

• Top 4 Waste Management Phoenix
  • Top 3 AT&T Pebble Beach
  • Top 15 Genesis Invitational -- Riveria
  • Top 4 Arnold Palmer Invitational

15 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

so what was Jordan's reasoning for never playing here before?

Found this quote: 

"Jordan Spieth’s schedule never had room for the PGA Tour star to squeeze in the Arnold Palmer Invitational."

I think with his commitments to play AT&T events and his better successes in California and Texas, Jordan likes to take a break during the Florida swing of the PGA Tour.

Gotta take some time off prior to "The Masters" plus Jordan hasn't played as well in Florida. 

(he has really struggled at the "THE PLAYERS Championship")