2020-2021 PGA Tour thread

Wally Fairway

10 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Was that a line out of Entourage? From Seth Green to Eric “hey tell Sloan I said what’s up” . . .

Sabbatini not so liked on tour. Quite funny.

Sabbatini sat in front of me at a baseball game and we ended up getting hammered. Funny guy.  One of the few Wildcats I actually like.

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Perfect time for the daily Tiger suck off segment. Good lord NBC is trying so hard to force “better than most” into an iconic golf moment.

It would be more iconic if Tiger didn't have 15 fucking majors. 

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Ghim has been playing great the past couple of weeks. He's going to have a lot to think about overnight if he stays towards the top going into tomorrow.

Yeah, he’ll likely be paired with a bad ass, like JT or Rahm or Bryson or Westwood. Doug’s gonna find out a lot about himself. 

Unbelievable tourney so far for his first Players. 

I just can't help but laugh at some of these drives. I have no idea how you hit the ball that hard on a line that tight. Has anyone hit like this since prime Tiger? Have to wonder if it catches up with his back and lower body the same way. 

I mean this is absurd:

20210313_155222.thumb.jpg.7bf832f5e87892e1443bc19377da00f2.jpg

Although he just miss hit his 2nd. Doesn't matter if you can't score.

Edited by ztejas

I just can't help but laugh at some of these drives. I have no idea how you hit the ball that hard on a line that tight. Has anyone hit like this since prime Tiger? Have to wonder if it catches up with his back and lower body the same way. 
I mean this is absurd:
20210313_155222.thumb.jpg.7bf832f5e87892e1443bc19377da00f2.jpg
Although he just miss hit his 2nd. Doesn't matter if you can't score.

You really do have to wonder if there is a physical impact that will bite him at some point. It doesn’t feel sustainable, but who knows at this point.

33 minutes ago, Lurch said:

You really do have to wonder if there is a physical impact that will bite him at some point. It doesn’t feel sustainable, but who knows at this point.

It will catch up to him, at some point. Just have to tweak it once...

6 hours ago, Deej said:

It will catch up to him, at some point. Just have to tweak it once...

the way he spins his front foot out takes some of the pressure and torque off his back in my opinion.  Its actually a lot like a baseball power hitter swing these days.

sure he could tweak it but its not like the Nicklaus reverse C.  IMO, the wider stance and flatter swings these days help with the back problems the guys in the 70's and 80's had(see Couples).  These guys do a lot more stretching and massage recovery type stuff than the Fuzzy Zoeller's, Lee Trevino's and the like.

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

the way he spins his front foot out takes some of the pressure and torque off his back in my opinion.  Its actually a lot like a baseball power hitter swing these days.

sure he could tweak it but its not like the Nicklaus reverse C.  IMO, the wider stance and flatter swings these days help with the back problems the guys in the 70's and 80's had(see Couples).  These guys do a lot more stretching and massage recovery type stuff than the Fuzzy Zoeller's, Lee Trevino's and the like.

His swing does look less damaging than what Tiger used to do. Tiger was more twisty and jerky. I think people forget how hard/far Tiger used to hit the ball. I'd warrant he's still the longest hitter ever relative to the competition. I watched this video recently and it's astounding: